CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Love your detailed analysis. :cool:
Since you ask. He is decent in zone and man. He’s one of the fastest CBs in the draft. He has good size and communicates well on crossing routes. He seems to lack a little confidence and doesn’t respond well if he loses contact with his receiver. His hips are a little stiff so he’s vulnerable to QBs who hit receivers right when they come off their breaks. He’s a fine athlete who could improve significantly if he becomes more self-assured. He’s willing against the run, but needs better technique to hold the edge Effectively.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since you ask. He is decent in zone and man. He’s one of the fastest CBs in the draft. He has good size and communicates well on crossing routes. He seems to lack a little confidence and doesn’t respond well if he loses contact with his receiver. His hips are a little stiff so he’s vulnerable to QBs who hit receivers right when they come off their breaks. He’s a fine athlete who could improve significantly if he becomes more self-assured. He’s willing against the run, but needs better technique to hold the edge Effectively.
Thanks so much. Now that is what I love from our draft guru. Actually, I was just giving you a hard time for saying so few words. Bottom line is that your analysis of players is one the best things gong on this web site. :thewave:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That's my boy! Would love the Cardinal to grab him but probably won't happen unless they accumulate a bunch of extra picks. They have too many other needs with currently only one second round pick.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Watching GMFB this morning and learned a couple new things about Jalen Carter...maybe it's been mentioned, but I hadn't seen it. I knew about legal issues...I knew about leaving combine early...I knew he couldn't finish his pro day...what I didn't know: gained a bunch of weight (out of shape), has still never completed a 40 or bench press for scouts, refused to do any visits with teams not picking in the top 10.

Gaining weight and out of shape: not the 1st and won't be the last prospect to hit the banquet circuit and ignore the gym, but usually these guys get back in shape for their pro day or will conduct private workouts, when they are ready to go.

Not completing fundamentals for scouts: this is actually pretty shocking to me. So far he's showing he may have deficiencies being coached, IMO.

Refusing to visit teams outside the top 10: Again pretty shocking. There could have easily been a team that sees him slide to 7-10 and think he's worth trading up for....but if I was a team in the 11-20 range and I see him get to 7-10, at this point I roll the dice that he'll slide further and it won't cost anything to trade up for him.

Bottom line is the kid is either getting really bad advice or he's ignoring good advice...and it's going to cost him $$$.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd rather have this guy than Tyree

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media