CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
How much better is Bresee to Ika and Benton? In what ways? I am having trouble getting any feel for him. I feel leery that he has fallen down the board though. Is he still worth a first round pick, mid to late? Or is he just a very late R1 in a bundle of DTs like the other 2 mentioned?
If we take a 'Edge' rusher in round 1, would any or all of these 3 be a pick we should consider with our R2.3 pick?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
How much better is Bresee to Ika and Benton? In what ways? I am having trouble getting any feel for him. I feel leery that he has fallen down the board though. Is he still worth a first round pick, mid to late? Or is he just a very late R1 in a bundle of DTs like the other 2 mentioned?
If we take a 'Edge' rusher in round 1, would any or all of these 3 be a pick we should consider with our R2.3 pick?
Bresee is much better than these 2. He can play anywhere along the line. The other 2 are strictly DTs. Ika is the better player of the two. He’s a beast who can anchor like a rock against a run. He can also collapse a pocket but lacks the burst to run down a QB. He’ll disrupt the passing game but not get sacks. Benton is a good motor, hard worker who’s decent, but not special, against the run and the pass. He’s much like what the Cards have now.

Bresee is a round 1 talent how can stop the run and sack the QB. He’s a very versatile DL. He does have injury concerns but his ceiling is very high. He’d be the one the Cards want mid to late round one if they end up picking at 18 or lower.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And Tyree Wilson. The football equivalent of "you have a nice personality"

“He has the size and great length. I thought he played better a year ago. He affected games more then. I left that game, thinking, ‘Man, he’s a dude. He’s really good.’ But I didn’t think lottery pick. He’s just not as consistent, but talent-wise, it’s definitely there.”

“His best ball is ahead of him. He’s made tremendous progress. Has a great motor and length. He is really strong when he goes speed to power. He can walk tackles back. He can’t really play in space that well. He’s a little stiff, and did not look comfortable in space. But he can turn and chase. He makes tons of plays at the point of attack and chases plays down from behind.”

“He’s versatile. I am surprised that people are talking about him as a top-10 pick, but the NFL people know a helluva lot more than me. He is damn ginormous and twitchy. He is a big 4-technique who can rush the passer and plays hard. Off of potential and projection, I guess I can see his upside.”
Nope he's the football equivalent of that hot chick trying to get into modeling. He looks the part and has a lot rare traits, but he's far from a finished product.

His numbers are close to guys who are much more polished than him...which tells you all you need to know about what his ceiling is.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Kancey - is he a true DT. How close is he to Bresee, or better is he than Ika and Benton? Might he be a better DE in the pros?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope he's the football equivalent of that hot chick trying to get into modeling. He looks the part and has a lot rare traits, but he's far from a finished product.

His numbers are close to guys who are much more polished than him...which tells you all you need to know about what his ceiling is.

He has 1700 college snaps and nothing but a bullrush and hessie. How many snaps does he need to improve his game?

His hands are nothing more than things he eats with. His tape is awful. There isn't a high quality sack in there. He can't win round the edge. His get off is the worst I've ever seen from a guy touted so high. His production is all against future tractor salesmen.

His production is worse than Myles Murphy, Will McDonald, BJ Ojulari, Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Isaiah Foskey, Derick Hall and Isaiah McGuire.

He's pure projection based on nothing more than being tall, powerful and long limbed.

I don't even think he's a 1st round pick. But don't take it personally :)

Almost certainly we draft him because of this.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He has 1700 college snaps and nothing but a bullrush and hessie. How many snaps does he need to improve his game?

His hands are nothing more than things he eats with. His tape is awful. There isn't a high quality sack in there. He can't win round the edge. His get off is the worst I've ever seen from a guy touted so high. His production is all against future tractor salesmen.

His production is worse than Myles Murphy, Will McDonald, BJ Ojulari, Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Isaiah Foskey, Derick Hall and Isaiah McGuire.

He's pure projection based on nothing more than being tall, powerful and long limbed.

I don't even think he's a 1st round pick. But don't take it personally :)

Almost certainly we draft him because of this.
Man you think so black and white. You have no imagination at all. He's beautiful pass rushing canvass. He's big, very strong, and has a motor.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Similar things were said when "Neon Deion," "Prime Time," Sanders said the same in his draft year. ;)
Eh, but out of all the kids that fly this many red flags, I'd say a pretty low percentage become HoFers. Lots of times major red flags are a concern. We aren't talking about toking a little ****** at a party here--or even rumors of ****** (Marino). Carter is not doing anything right atm.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man you think so black and white. You have no imagination at all. He's beautiful pass rushing canvass. He's big, very strong, and has a motor.

I get that.

Beautiful pass rushing canvasses who after 1700 college snaps don't have much in the way of technique shouldn't go top 10 though.

I just can't fathom how Wilson should go higher than someone like Karlaftis that went #30 last year or Payton Turner who was #28 the year before that. Or Gregory Rousseau at #30 the year before.

He's basically just fractionally longer Payton Turner or Greg Rousseau. The Wilson hype has been massive for what is crappy tape.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh, but out of all the kids that fly this many red flags, I'd say a pretty low percentage become HoFers. Lots of times major red flags are a concern. We aren't talking about toking a little ****** at a party here--or even rumors of ****** (Marino). Carter is not doing anything right atm.

Of all the off season Carter stuff this is actually the one that concerns me the most. The only possible excuse for it is if his agent has assurances for one or more top 10 teams that they are taking him if he is there.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Wow, we can't say r-e-e-f-e-r?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I get that.

Beautiful pass rushing canvasses who after 1700 college snaps don't have much in the way of technique shouldn't go top 10 though.
One with Wilson's tools do though. He was one of CFBs leaders in pass rush win rate AND pressure % even with his issues. He also should be dominant against the run very early in his NFL career.
I just can't fathom how Wilson should go higher than someone like Karlaftis that went #30 last year or Payton Turner who was #28 the year before that. Or Gregory Rousseau at #30 the year before.
1. He has better tools than any of those guys.
He's basically just fractionally longer Payton Turner or Greg Rousseau. The Wilson hype has been massive for what is crappy tape.
I like him a lot more than those two. I wouldn't be excited if the Cardinals drafted Wilson, but I get the appeal.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One with Wilson's tools do though. He was one of CFBs leaders in pass rush win rate AND pressure % even with his issues. He also should be dominant against the run very early in his NFL career.

1. He has better tools than any of those guys.

I like him a lot more than those two. I wouldn't be excited if the Cardinals drafted Wilson, but I get the appeal.

We're just going to have to disagree on this one. His only tool is power. His only moves are long arm and bullrush.

I see him of a guy that's been too overly reliant on his physical tools. After 1700 snaps and 4 years of college ball he should have better hands and more moves.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also better than Tyree

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Also better than Tyree

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I really don't see it at all. I really wanted to like Murphy and I see a play or two here and there that are pretty good.

A good follow on YouTube is "That Franchise Guy" and he did his rankings of Edge and he basically said what I am saying about Murphy. Murphy is mostly just a hyped 5 star guy who doesn't really have anything outstanding on film.

Wilson was just as productive as Murphy. There is a reason that when everyone had a chance to start looking at film that Murphy started to drop.

I think we just won't see this the same way; I see Wilson as an Ansah type prospect who will continue to get better and I see Murphy as a perrenial underachiever (based on his hype and workout numbers) who will be on mid range contract seven years down the road.

I watched Lance Zierlein's mock and he has Tyree Wilson going ahead of Anderson Jr to the Texans.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose