CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like DTR but he played in a Chip Kelly offense and had some rough tape for a few years. He's an older prospect now. There's a reason that PFF has him rated so low.

I wouldnt draft him before round 6, but I love him as a late round gamble.

He had a really nice year last year. Has done well at the Shrine bowl and combine. I think his value is round 5/6 but you know what it's like with QB's, just takes one to love him.

Plus he's a great runner and has a good arm. Cough Ravens Cough.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I like him late 3rd early 4th as well.

I think the Cardinals need to walk away with a really good edge prospects, at least one center/guard, and one defensive line.

CB will be a need with Murphy walking and so will WR. I'd take a swing one Hyatt.

Got to draft a CB in this class. There's too much value not too. It's why trading back and picking up more picks has some appeal.

I'm really not enamored with Wyatt or the WR class in general. Lots of round 3/4 guys and not much at he top.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Got to draft a CB in this class. There's too much value not too. It's why trading back and picking up more picks has some appeal.

I'm really not enamored with Wyatt or the WR class in general. Lots of round 3/4 guys and not much at he top.
I'm not necessarily enamored with Wyatt, but I think he could be a value player later who has a chance to be a good starting receiver in the NFL. Decent size, very fast, and has been productive at a big school against top flight competition.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily enamored with Wyatt, but I think he could be a value player later who has a chance to be a good starting receiver in the NFL. Decent size, very fast, and has been productive at a big school against top flight competition.

I'm very wary of receivers who's route tree is just go routes. I don't think I've ever seen a college prospect with less diversity in their routes.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm very wary of receivers who's route tree is just go routes. I don't think I've ever seen a college prospect with less diversity in their routes.
That's why I don't touch Wyatt until round 3.

DK Metcalf ran a very limited route tree as well at Ole' Miss and a few other recent receivers have had the same knock on them.

Our (fans) known unknowns is what kind of person Wyatt is.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I've watched plays on the goal line where the Bruin QB threw the football so fast that his WR couldn't get his hands up quick enough to even touch it. It just zipped right by his head before he could lift an arm. He will have to learn to not throw so hard sometimes.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Here is a very late round gamble if Raiders don't grab him first. I read that they are interested.

Jadakis Bonds was a returning starter for Hampton. This season he produced 49 receptions for 855 yards and 10 touchdowns. Throughout his career at Hampton, he had 180 receptions for 2731 yards and 34 touchdowns.

6'4", but only 170 lbs. Could that be right? A gust of wind could blow him over, yet I watched some highlights and he broke tackle after tackle after each catch. He sure didn't look that light. I assumed he was 220 or so.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a very late round gamble if Raiders don't grab him first. I read that they are interested.

Jadakis Bonds was a returning starter for Hampton. This season he produced 49 receptions for 855 yards and 10 touchdowns. Throughout his career at Hampton, he had 180 receptions for 2731 yards and 34 touchdowns.

6'4", but only 170 lbs. Could that be right? A gust of wind could blow him over, yet I watched some highlights and he broke tackle after tackle after each catch. He sure didn't look that light. I assumed he was 220 or so.
This says 205 lbs and 6' 2 3/4"

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
That's why I don't touch Wyatt until round 3.

DK Metcalf ran a very limited route tree as well at Ole' Miss and a few other recent receivers have had the same knock on them.

Our (fans) known unknowns is what kind of person Wyatt is.
I wrote about this when I discussed Heupel’s offense. Watt ran a route with 2 choices. He would bust if off the line. If 10 yards down the field he was even or passed his defender, he runs a fly route. If he is not even with the defender he breaks off and runs an out route. He has very little experience in other routes. Going over the middle is not a thing in that offense. He may be coachable but he’s mostly a gamble. I don‘t see the Cards taking early unnecessary gambles.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I wrote about this when I discussed Heupel’s offense. Watt ran a route with 2 choices. He would bust if off the line. If 10 yards down the field he was even or passed his defender, he runs a fly route. If he is not even with the defender he breaks off and runs an out route. He has very little experience in other routes. Going over the middle is not a thing in that offense. He may be coachable but he’s mostly a gamble. I don‘t see the Cards taking early unnecessary gambles.
The problem I have is that the Cardinals pretty much need sure contributors in round one and two.

Taking Hyatt where he's likely to go would mean realistically, the Cardinals would have to take him round two.

That's a bit crazy for a guy who hasn't really played WR to even normal CFB standards. He's a great talent from a physical stand point, but he's real raw.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Keeping in mind that the farther we trade back in R1, the more/better compensation we get for R2/R3. So, here is my "Wouldn't Mind us Drafting any of These Players" List at these spots in R1 and early R2. Of course, if any player can be had later than shown, all the better.

Pick 4: Anderson

Picks 6-9: Carter, Skoronski, Wilson

Picks 10-15: Robinson, Gonzalez, Witherspoon, Porter, Johnson, Jr.

Picks 16-20: Van Ness, Murphy

Picks 21-25: Kansey, Forbes, Banks, White, Torrence, Wright, Branch, Breese

Picks 26-31: Benton, Gibbs, Mayer, Schmitz, Mauch, DE/Edge/OLB/CB of choice

Picks 32-50: Smith, Foskey, Ika, Brown, McDonald, Avila, Oluwatimi, Wypler, Bergeron, Achane, Coburn, Ekiyor, Patterson, Vorhees, Robinson, or DE/Edge/OLB, CB, TE of choice

Picks 51-260: BPA for needed depth

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
If we stay put, I would love to see our D front get fixed with the addition of Anderson and Benton with our first 2 picks. That could be an awesome combo over the next decade.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
When I make my mocks, I take Avila at 34 probably 75% of the time.

What that means is that Avila is going round 1. An extremely versatile, big, OL who moves well probably won't last until round 2. Or hell he falls to round 6 and we are all scratching our heads, WHY!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
When I make my mocks, I take Avila at 34 probably 75% of the time.

What that means is that Avila is going round 1. An extremely versatile, big, OL who moves well probably won't last until round 2. Or hell he falls to round 6 and we are all scratching our heads, WHY!
Yeah... i like Avila... only downside is i hear he is a little intellectually challenged. Never really picked up the skill of reading defenses and adjusting line calls... so OG/backup OC is probably his contribution...and we need a day 1 center... so i been looking at Schmittz at 34 and hoping Avila falls to the 3rd.