CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I think we are all over reacting to the effect Carter's participation in the accident will have on the draft. I would not be surprised at all if by draft time there is but a fleeting mention of it, and the draft goes off just like it never happened. I am basing my opinion on past NFL scenarios where they found it so easy to forgive and forget when it came to elite players.

As hard as I would personally be on these kind of incidents and players, if I am correct per above statement, I would rather the Cards take him than the Seahawks, if Anderson is not an option.

There is just a lot of ways to look at and judge what happened regarding Carter and the accident. It will be very easy for a team, and NFL in general, to soften the situation and the reaction of a young black man in what surely was a moment of fear, panic, shame, and guilt, while in the midst of a growing number of sirens, flashing lights, crowds, and police.

Don't underestimate millions of years of genetic programming to survive via fear, deceit, and flight. It has served us all well in our continued existence and evolution. And it takes a pretty strong or trained individual to overcome that instinctive compulsion when under pressure, or as with soldiers when under fire.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is it April 27th yet.

I feel like this is the longest offseason in awhile and it's not even FA yet.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sam LaPorta looked so good. Same with strange from Penn St. Tucker Kraft looked like a small school guy but showed well. Wash is huge. Mayer looked ok…he seems overrated to me. Kincaid did nothing and Musgrave only ran 40 which was a bummer.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sam LaPorta looked so good. Same with strange from Penn St. Tucker Kraft looked like a small school guy but showed well. Wash is huge. Mayer looked ok…he seems overrated to me. Kincaid did nothing and Musgrave only ran 40 which was a bummer.
Kuntz from Old Dominion...wow.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I wonder how next years crop is going to pan out because Bowers is way better than all of these guys.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Some team is going get a steal when they draft Jaxon Smith-Njegba, especially if in the second half of the 1st round. He was better than Garrett Wilson. Even OSU WR's say he was the best of the group.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will say this again

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him

Possible late round pick or UDFA

He's been considered a round 6 guy so far but I think that's done. I can see him going late 3 or early 4 now.

Maybe even as high as the Seahawks round 3 pick. The Geno extension is really just a 1 year deal with options. I think it puts them out of the high round QB's but someone like DTR is right in that Russ Wilson mold. Played in a pro style offense, live arm and mobile.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He's been considered a round 6 guy so far but I think that's done. I can see him going late 3 or early 4 now.

Maybe even as high as the Seahawks round 3 pick. The Geno extension is really just a 1 year deal with options. I think it puts them out of the high round QB's but someone like DTR is right in that Russ Wilson mold. Played in a pro style offense, live arm and mobile.
I like DTR but he played in a Chip Kelly offense and had some rough tape for a few years. He's an older prospect now. There's a reason that PFF has him rated so low.

I wouldnt draft him before round 6, but I love him as a late round gamble.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pickens would be a good pickup who's floor is a very good run stopper. Is expected late 3rd or early 4th. Former 5 star guy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Pickens would be a good pickup who's floor is a very good run stopper. Is expected late 3rd or early 4th. Former 5 star guy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Yeah I like him late 3rd early 4th as well.

I think the Cardinals need to walk away with a really good edge prospects, at least one center/guard, and one defensive line.

CB will be a need with Murphy walking and so will WR. I'd take a swing one Hyatt.