CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You certainly could be right, especially if he works out well. Good DTs are hard to find.

Especially as the interior DL class isn't deep. I could see the Lions taking him at #18.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
In the 2019 draft, the year we drafted KM, two great DTs were taken, Quinnen Williams, 3rd and Dexter Lawrence, 17th. Both have been hits with Lawrence a tad ahead in stats.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Especially as the interior DL class isn't deep. I could see the Lions taking him at #18.
Teams mostly regret taking space eaters high.

There is a reason lots of long time fans point out how great of a pick Casey Hampton was for the Steelers...because most of those space eaters types are usually equal to the 4th round space eaters types 4 years later.

I think the Cardinals should go:
1. Will Anderson
2. (If this pick isn't traded for Payton) Best available IOL.

The Cardinals will likely have an additional 3rd round pick from what I've read for Kirk, so they have some flexibility.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams mostly regret taking space eaters high.

There is a reason lots of long time fans point out how great of a pick Casey Hampton was for the Steelers...because most of those space eaters types are usually equal to the 4th round space eaters types 4 years later.

I think the Cardinals should go:
1. Will Anderson
2. (If this pick isn't traded for Payton) Best available IOL.

The Cardinals will likely have an additional 3rd round pick from what I've read for Kirk, so they have some flexibility.

I agree. But Ika is much closer to Vita Vea than Snacks Harrison. The dude can really move. His athleticism for a 350 guy is top drawer. He can penetrate and get to the QB.

On 2021 he had 33 total pressures, which included 24 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and a 6 sacks. Less so in 2022 but he was the only real threat on the line so was targetted a lot.

We'll see. I'd love for him to be there for our 2nd round pick.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I agree. But Ika is much closer to Vita Vea than Snacks Harrison. The dude can really move. His athleticism for a 350 guy is top drawer. He can penetrate and get to the QB.

On 2021 he had 33 total pressures, which included 24 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and a 6 sacks. Less so in 2022 but he was the only real threat on the line so was targetted a lot.

We'll see. I'd love for him to be there for our 2nd round pick.
Not going to lie, he would be tempting. One of the least talked about storylines for the Cardinals this year was Corey Peters not being resigned. He was around the building all offseason and ends up playing snaps for the Jaguars this year.

Of this era of Cardinals football, I'd list him as one of the single most underrated Cardinals. The fact they couldn't come up with a vet minimum deal is baffling. On his worst day, he's much better than Fotu.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not going to lie, he would be tempting. One of the least talked about storylines for the Cardinals this year was Corey Peters not being resigned. He was around the building all offseason and ends up playing snaps for the Jaguars this year.

Of this era of Cardinals football, I'd list him as one of the single most underrated Cardinals. The fact they couldn't come up with a vet minimum deal is baffling. On his worst day, he's much better than Fotu.
They had the idea it was time for Rashard Lawrence to take that spot. And, he actually played much better than Fotu. When he played. He has just been continually injured. He's been out with injury for more games than he has played. He has played 25 total in three years and 5 this past season.

But, he was yet another example of this philosophy "We can always find a DT/NT type late in the draft. Never use a high pick on one!"

I am glad to see the mindset here about DT this offseason is markedly different than past years. Davis, Brown, Kinlaw, ... others I am sure, I was beating the drum for a player like that as the 1st pick.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
They had the idea it was time for Rashard Lawrence to take that spot. And, he actually played much better than Fotu. When he played. He has just been continually injured. He's been out with injury for more games than he has played. He has played 25 total in three years and 5 this past season.

But, he was yet another example of this philosophy "We can always find a DT/NT type late in the draft. Never use a high pick on one!"

I am glad to see the mindset here about DT this offseason is markedly different than past years. Davis, Brown, Kinlaw, ... others I am sure, I was beating the drum for a player like that as the 1st pick.
I'd argue that doesn't mean you use a high pick...it means you use MORE picks. Fotu was pretty much a known negative after the past few years. The team should have done more to cover for Lawrence.

Draft a guy or bring back a good, known vet who wanted to be here. But using a high pick on a guy who essentially plays 60% of snaps isn't smart use of picks.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd argue that doesn't mean you use a high pick...it means you use MORE picks. Fotu was pretty much a known negative after the past few years. The team should have done more to cover for Lawrence.

Draft a guy or bring back a good, known vet who wanted to be here. But using a high pick on a guy who essentially plays 60% of snaps isn't smart use of picks.
You must enjoy the ball being perpetually run down our throat. That's sarcasm..... But doing the same thing over and over and it's not working is a form of insanity. Maybe another decade of watching fourth to sixth round picks and journeymen get tossed around like rag dolls will be enough?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I really like Tyree Wilson if you're looking for a good player on a trade down scenario. Looks a lot like a young Chandler Jones.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I really like Tyree Wilson if you're looking for a good player on a trade down scenario. Looks a lot like a young Chandler Jones.
Ehhh he’s way more stiff than Chandler.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have my eye on big Jerrod Clark in the later rounds. Mountain of a man (6'3 345) who actually flashed some pass rush potential at Coastal Carolina.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must enjoy the ball being perpetually run down our throat. That's sarcasm..... But doing the same thing over and over and it's not working is a form of insanity. Maybe another decade of watching fourth to sixth round picks and journeymen get tossed around like rag dolls will be enough?
How many teams use high picks on two down linemen and it's actually considered a good pick down the road?

It's exceedingly rare.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler wasn't known for being that bendy coming out. Tyree Wilson is a significantly better player than Jones was as a draft prospect.
Even more worrying because Tyree looks even less bendy than a guy that wasn’t known for being bendy coming out.

I disagree with the latter. Not a fan of Tyree, especially if he’s a OLB & not a DE, at all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose