Celtics @ Suns Wednesday game thread 12-7-2022

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I swear people have forgotten that we beat them in the season opener. Our biggest issues are in this building. They just play with a different energy at home and we have to figure how to not let them get hot early in the game and run out to a big lead.
No one forgets that. We were down 22 in that game and it took heroics to overcome them. And who hit the big shot? Lee, a guy that wasn’t under the mavs thumb from prior season. That game doesn’t engender a lot of confidence.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Celtics are the better team right now, no doubt about it.

However, the playoff Suns should be a much better team, but we will have to wait to see the final version.

I'm not ready to concede anything just yet.
Why? We have the exact same problems we did last year… except less depth and who knows what Cam Johnson looks like coming back from a substantial injury.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? We have the exact same problems we did last year… except less depth and who knows what Cam Johnson looks like coming back from a substantial injury.

Presently the Suns are in 1st place in the West and they don't even have Paul, Craig, Crowder, Cam Johnson plus an open roster spot.

Cam Johnson didn't have major surgery, so he should be ready when the playoffs come around.

I never expected the Suns to be where they are right now, given the absences. All this and they haven't even made a trade.

IMO, they are nowhere near as good as they should be later in the season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Suns are still a great team, even with all the injuries.

But we're playing the CLEAR best team in the NBA right now, and the last few games have been terrible. We do well at bouncing back, but this opponent is going to be too strong to overcome. It's ok though, it's early in the season and we've shown what we can do without so many great rotation players. Sit back and imagine what we'll be like when we have them all healthy. We'll be a juggernaut.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree those old tapes show us winning against an entirely different strategy. Therefore it’s useless.

The Mavericks watched those same tapes to devise their current strategy. There are always things to be learned.

Suns need to figure out what they did right and what they are now doing wrong. It doesn't just have to be the old video. They should look at all of it, old and new.

Personally, I think the Suns have become too caught up in defending Luka and not paid enough attention to defending the shooters on the Mavericks. Luka is always going to get his points.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Presently the Suns are in 1st place in the West and they don't even have Paul, Craig, Crowder, Cam Johnson plus an open roster spot.

Cam Johnson didn't have major surgery, so he should be ready when the playoffs come around.

I never expected the Suns to be where they are right now, given the absences. All this and they haven't even made a trade.

Are you going to bring up Crowder all season the same way you did Dario last season, as if he’s somehow going to make an impact at some point?

And again, Cam coming off big injury is a big question mark. Last season he couldn’t even recover from a bone bruise. He went under the knife this season and is expected to miss even more time than last season.

Also, when talking about beating the Celtics, being a top the West right now isn’t really something to beat your chest over. The West looks REAL weak so far.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you going to bring up Crowder all season the same way you did Dario last season, as if he’s somehow going to make an impact at some point?

And again, Cam coming off big injury is a big question mark. Last season he couldn’t even recover from a bone bruise. He went under the knife this season and is expected to miss even more time than last season.

Also, when talking about beating the Celtics, being a top the West right now isn’t really something to beat your chest over. The West looks REAL weak so far.

Yeah, I should have brought up Dario as well. Smilie.

Dario was out last season with an ACL injury, so I'm not sure what you are referring too unless it was in regard to a trade.

Of course, the Suns got a Disabled Player Exception for him.

You don't think Crowder is going to remain on the Suns roster this season, do you? It's hard to see both sides mending fences.

I'm not looking at the Suns as anywhere near a finished product, so perhaps that is where we may differ.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I should have brought up Dario as well. Smilie.

Dario was out last season with an ACL injury, so I'm not sure what you are referring to unless it was in regard to a trade.
I’m referring to the fact that you constantly notes that Dario was out as if he should be factored in the team getting better because he could come back and help. Which it was CLEAR was never going to be the case.
Now, this season, you keep listing Crowder as someone out as if he should be factored into us getting better because he might make an impact. He ain’t coming back, PERIOD and until JJ actually does anytjung with him, listing him as a reason we could get better is about as likely as Dario was going to help us last year when it was blatantly obvious that wasn’t happening.
You don't think Crowder is going to remain on the Suns roster this season, do you? It's hard to see both sides mending fences.
I know he’s not coming back, but I also don’t know if JJ is going to get anything useful for him in trade. To assume there will be some big upgrade there considering how little we’ve done upgrading the team in season the last two years is nothing more than wishing on hope at this point.
I'm not looking at the Suns as anywhere near a finished product, so perhaps that is where we may differ.
I’m looking at what’s in front of us. A team that’s not as deep as we were last year. A team with an even older and already injured CP3. A team with one of its most important players who went under the knife and hasn’t shown the ability to get back in season after a major injury.

And worst of all, a team that still doesn’t have legit difference makers who can create for themselves and others. An Achilles heel for three years at this point because neither Bridges nor Ayton has risen to that consistent level and JJ has shown repeatedly that he doesn’t really believe another great creator to be a necessity.

This team COULD get out of the West if it’s totally healthy and CP3 actually plays well in the playoffs, but it ain’t beating Milwaukee or Boston unless a major move is made for an impact player to get on par with those teams elite talent and depth.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m referring to the fact that you constantly notes that Dario was out as if he should be factored in the team getting better because he could come back and help. Which it was CLEAR was never going to be the case.
Now, this season, you keep listing Crowder as someone out as if he should be factored into us getting better because he might make an impact. He ain’t coming back, PERIOD and until JJ actually does anytjung with him, listing him as a reason we could get better is about as likely as Dario was going to help us last year when it was blatantly obvious that wasn’t happening.

I know he’s not coming back, but I also don’t know if JJ is going to get anything useful for him in trade. To assume there will be some big upgrade there considering how little we’ve done upgrading the team in season the last two years is nothing more than wishing on hope at this point.

I’m looking at what’s in front of us. A team that’s not as deep as we were last year. A team with an even older and already injured CP3. A team with one of its most important players who went under the knife and hasn’t shown the ability to get back in season after a major injury.

And worst of all, a team that still doesn’t have legit difference makers who can create for themselves and others. An Achilles heel for three years at this point because neither Bridges nor Ayton has risen to that consistent level and JJ has shown repeatedly that he doesn’t really believe another great creator to be a necessity.

This team COULD get out of the West if it’s totally healthy and CP3 actually plays well in the playoffs, but it ain’t beating Milwaukee or Boston unless a major move is made for an impact player to get on par with those teams elite talent and depth.

I really don't remember thinking Dario Saric was coming back last season from an ACL injury other than perhaps express some hope. Players from this type injury usually take a long time to heal.

I did think the Suns might use him in a trade for another player, which they sort of did using a Disabled Player Exception approved by the NBA to acquire Aaron Holiday.

When I look at trading Crowder and/or other expiring contracts such as Saric, I tend to look at the Suns attaching a first round pick or using expiring contracts to take on a player with more years. Sometimes teams want to dump longer term salary to save money.

I don't think the Suns need to add a star to this team although it would be nice. Rumor had it the Suns tried to trade Crowder for Bojan and Vanderbilt. Now there are trade rumors about Kyle Kuzma. Who knows if it happens but these are some of the type moves I'm talking about.

What the Suns could use is another rotation power forward and another playmaker/shooter. Of course the Suns need to get healthy as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns could use another player or two returning tonight but it's still questionable if Chris Paul or Torrey Craig will play.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul running with resistance line after shootaround.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's gooooo Suns

Excited for cp3 return hope he looks good energy

Also want to see good performances by monster da dbook and bridges

As always 420 stash rdy to be lighted after a best outcome scenario

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Al Horford is out for the Celtics.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Yeah, but open roster spot has no turn overs so far this year!! :thumbup:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr