Celtics @ Suns Wednesday game thread 12-7-2022

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Would you say he was the silver lining? I remember when that's all we could take out of most games.
I wouldn’t. His performance was such an enormous outlier, and in prolonged garbage time, that I can’t place any value in it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If garbage-time minutes are most of what a player gets, I'm not sure how much of a problem I find it that Okogie performs well only in prolonged garbage time.

Or...it is so very disappointing, isn't it, that Ish Wainwright doesn't produce starter-quality points or rebounds. Also that DeAndre Ayton does a terrible job off the bench.
It’s not so much a “problem” as those stats are just not really persuasive given proper context. I have no problem giving him minutes if he earns them. There’s no doubt he gives maximum effort and is a good defender/pest.

I also have no idea what your Ayton comment even means.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Like the Suns I will also take a break from the NBA. Will stop by Suns forums and see if they decide to return. This is just pathetic.

Ayton, do you need another show in the back?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like the Suns I will also take a break from the NBA. Will stop by Suns forums and see if they decide to return. This is just pathetic.

Ayton, do you need another show in the back?

Don't stay away too long. The Suns might make some moves. We need your support.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I will still read the forums here quite regularly, so I'm really close by, ready to get back on the bandwagon! But right now, with the embarrassing losses to the Mavs and the Celtics, it just depresses me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will still read the forums here quite regularly, so I'm really close by, ready to get back on the bandwagon! But right now, with the embarrassing losses to the Mavs and the Celtics, it just depresses me.

You have lots of company.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps your expectations are unrealistic? If you're thinking championship or bust, you're probably better off following the Suns from a distance but this team has overachieved so far IMO. Despite a lot of injuries to key players, and despite the fact we have lost 3 or our last 4 games, there are still only 3 teams in the entire league with a higher winning percentage than the Suns. They're an entertaining watch most nights, especially when healthy. I believe they'll bounce back soon, maybe not tonight but who knows.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope Tatum hurts himself out there idiot your up 40 and your chucking threes and trying to throw down embarrassing dunks

I wish it were only the Celtics. The Suns problems are bigger. They have injuries and are missing players.

The Suns have beaten the Warriors twice who just recently beat the Celtics.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish it were only the Celtics. The Suns problems are bigger. They have injuries and are missing players.

The Suns have beaten the Warriors twice who just recently beat the Celtics.
Yeah, we aren't who we appear to be. When fully intact and up to speed, I don't believe there's a team that we can't beat. But there are so many teams that are near our level (a little better, a little worse) and I can't see us getting past all of them even if everyone (other than CP3) is healthy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we aren't who we appear to be. When fully intact and up to speed, I don't believe there's a team that we can't beat. But there are so many teams that are near our level (a little better, a little worse) and I can't see us getting past all of them even if everyone (other than CP3) is healthy.

The Suns weren't as good as they showed early in the season and not worse either. They still to need make at least a couple of moves to make the team better. We probably won't know where they stand until after December 15th, the trade deadline and buyouts.

IMO, Devin Booker got wore down when Chris was Paul was out. It will likely take several more games before Paul gets in game shape. The Suns needs are still the same: a true power forward and another play maker/shooter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr