Carson Palmer wants out of Cincy?

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted because I didn't read through this whole thread but just saw on ESPN ticket that Bengals President Mike Brown says Palmer is not available and will not be traded and they are not taking offers. Figured I would post that FWIW.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
2006 was pre-injury and most of those yards and TDs came this year in blowouts where he and the team got wayyyyyyyy behind and they had to throw every down.

I've always wondered about this comment. I've always heard that the defense wants the offense to become one dimensional and if the defense knows you are going to throw on every down the rushers just pin their ears back and attack the QB and no good can come of it for the offense.

Yet I see multiple comments about how a QBs numbers are inflated because his team was always behind and they had to throw all the time. And I look at the Cards and see how many teams simply lit up the airways once the Cards got up 21-0 or 17-3 last season.

It doesn't make any sense.

:confused:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've always wondered about this comment. I've always heard that the defense wants the offense to become one dimensional and if the defense knows you are going to throw on every down the rushers just pin their ears back and attack the QB and no good can come of it for the offense.

Yet I see multiple comments about how a QBs numbers are inflated because his team was always behind and they had to throw all the time. And I look at the Cards and see how many teams simply lit up the airways once the Cards got up 21-0 or 17-3 last season.

It doesn't make any sense.

:confused:

It is somewhat perplexing. I think it applies to the prevent defense mentality.

With that big of a lead D's don't want to give up quick scores so they allow a lot of shorter but chain moving receptions.

I guess it's like a lot of 2 minute offenses. How many times have we seen teams turn into Offensive Juggernauts at the end of the 1st half when they did little to nothing before that.

ARodg

All Star
Reaction score
Palmer is one of the most overrated players in the NFL.

That said, Hell Yes, if you can get him for a second.

Conquest

Rookie
Reaction score
Palmer is one of the most overrated players in the NFL.

That said, Hell Yes, if you can get him for a second.

He would never come to Arizona, but it would be interesting to see what the 49ers or the Seahawks would do. Carson wants to be traded...with a say as to where he'll be traded, or retire.

ARodg

All Star
Reaction score
He would never come to Arizona, but it would be interesting to see what the 49ers or the Seahawks would do. Carson wants to be traded...with a say as to where he'll be traded, or retire.

I think Seahawks/49ers>>>>Cards>>retirement>>>>>>>>>>>Bengals for Carson. I think that both other teams would be better for Carson but I think if the Cards make a better offer he will be a Cardinal.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It is somewhat perplexing. I think it applies to the prevent defense mentality.

With that big of a lead D's don't want to give up quick scores so they allow a lot of shorter but chain moving receptions.

I guess it's like a lot of 2 minute offenses. How many times have we seen teams turn into Offensive Juggernauts at the end of the 1st half when they did little to nothing before that.

Good point. Many people wonder why teams just don't go two minute drill from the opening snap and I would guess the best answer is that they would wear out. Of course Warner & Co. sort of did that and rode it all the way to the SB.

Hey! I just thought of something. Did CKW come up with the Cards offense that worked so well the latter half of 2007 through the 2009 playoffs watching Warner run the no huddle while splitting time with Leinart early in 2007?

Conquest

Rookie
Reaction score
I think Seahawks/49ers>>>>Cards>>retirement>>>>>>>>>>>Bengals for Carson. I think that both other teams would be better for Carson but I think if the Cards make a better offer he will be a Cardinal.

Carson will never be a Cardinal, no matter how much money we throw at him. The Palmer's just had their third child, and even though the Bengals may be a joke to everyone, they have been extremely good to Carson, the player...he would not put up with the QB BS in AZ for one moment, he doesn't have to.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tasty stats, I also agree Orton is a little tougher.

Orton always has been in the family photo as far as I'm concerned , but I think we are whistling through the graveyard if we think John Fox/Elway are going into next season with Tebow on the bridge..Fox had his nightmare of a "Clausen" running the ship last year. He knows what he's got with Orton so why take a chance.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Orton always has been in the family photo as far as I'm concerned , but I think we are whistling through the graveyard if we think John Fox/Elway are going into next season with Tebow on the bridge..Fox had his nightmare of a "Clausen" running the ship last year. He knows what he's got with Orton so why take a chance.

I could see Denver keeping Orton. I'd love to have him here though if he's made available.

Another Bronco I'm interested in, is Elvis Dumervil, and how exactly he'll fit in Denvers 4-3 scheme.

As for Carson Palmer...I don't have much interest in him and don't think he'd be worth giving up draft picks for.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey! I just thought of something. Did CKW come up with the Cards offense that worked so well the latter half of 2007 through the 2009 playoffs watching Warner run the no huddle while splitting time with Leinart early in 2007?

I think you are on to something here. I think Whiz had a good idea that Warner good drive incredible results and the no huddle auditions proved it to him.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Carson will never be a Cardinal, no matter how much money we throw at him. The Palmer's just had their third child, and even though the Bengals may be a joke to everyone, they have been extremely good to Carson, the player...he would not put up with the QB BS in AZ for one moment, he doesn't have to.
Has he ever even talked to anyone on the Cards staff and gotten to know them or is he going by Leinart? It would be pretty stupid to base your career off someone else's situation and Palmer doesn't seem that stupid. Would he also rule out KC because he doesn't like the way Haley treats Cassel? Sounds like he wants his way or retire. That's fine let him go play handball with Jake Plummer if that's the case. The NFL will miss him about the same amount they miss Jake.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You mean playing for Whiz or just the bad QB play last year?

Palmer played for Chow at USC it turned his career around so I don't see him being afraid to play for someone who's tough on QB's.

It is interesting though he's got his house up for sale having just had a child and his younger brother plays for the Bengals too. So he must REALLY want out.

I've been saying all year he was a guy we should look at assuming he's really healthy.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean playing for Whiz or just the bad QB play last year?

Palmer played for Chow at USC it turned his career around so I don't see him being afraid to play for someone who's tough on QB's.

It is interesting though he's got his house up for sale having just had a child and his younger brother plays for the Bengals too. So he must REALLY want out.

I've been saying all year he was a guy we should look at assuming he's really healthy.

Well Ive never wanted Palmer because he isnt the same QB due to injuries..

If Matt is telling him things about AZ, then it further proves the point about Matt.. Guess its true the what the players were saying about Matt.. Sure MAtt took the high road on his exit speech after being cut.. But if he's saying these things, he is clearly not as mature as some thought.. And not ready to lead a team.. And the players saw that it seems.. Being in the NFL is a priveledge only few get to do.. You shouldnt waste your opprotunity.. And if Carson is soaking it all up, then it only cements the point not to get him even more..

And I wouldnt blame this on being a USC thing either.. Deuce wants to play for the Cardinals.. He loves the Cardinals..

Conquest

Rookie
Reaction score
Has he ever even talked to anyone on the Cards staff and gotten to know them or is he going by Leinart? It would be pretty stupid to base your career off someone else's situation and Palmer doesn't seem that stupid. Would he also rule out KC because he doesn't like the way Haley treats Cassel? Sounds like he wants his way or retire. That's fine let him go play handball with Jake Plummer if that's the case. The NFL will miss him about the same amount they miss Jake.

Never heard one complaint about Haley coming from Cassel...and up until Whisenhunt, Leinart has had great relationships with all his coaches - both HS and college...Norm Chow loved the guy. Carson knows this.

Cbus, you and Duckjake should know better than anyone else, these guys (players) talk to each other all the time, especially the big programs, and pretty much there were problems in paradise between Matt and Whizzy from DAY ONE. There is nothing unusual in that, and you can bet that Matt knows everything going on in Cincinnati according to Palmer. Cassel, Palmer and Leinart all worked out together all off-season. I honestly can't attribute any blame on one side for what went wrong, but unfortunately, the way the situation ended was not the best, or smartest PR move.

Players have absolutely zero say where they are drafted, but they do once they are free agents or have some say in where they will be traded (unless they're desperate), and most do not want to go to a team in turmoil or with supposed coaching issues.

Matt also had other avenues to discuss whatever problems were happening in AZ....

http://trojanfootballalumni.com/speedweb/site/index.php?site=USCFootball&p=aboutus.php

They really mean it when they say they are a Trojan Family. The Trojan Football Alumni Club (TFAC) that was originally founded in 1955 when a handful of former players met up at the funeral of teammate, Jay Perrin. They realized they shouldn’t have to wait for a funeral to meet up and support each other. Now, half a century later is it still going strong. This organization is the only one of its kind. No other college football team has an alumni support club!

TFAC isn’t just about celebrating the team or reliving the glory days of being a Trojan it is also about mentoring the young Trojans and giving them guidance in life and in work. Consider TFAC as “a resource file of business and professional leaders who have the time available to meet with those seeking advice and direction.

Ronnie Lott, Bruce Matthews, Anthony Munoz...etc, all all mentors.

Last edited:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I thought you were banned Linda?
Your USC obsession is quite disturbing and frankly no one on an Arizona Cardinals board cares!

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought you were banned Linda?
Your USC obsession is quite disturbing and frankly on one on an Arizona Cardinals board cares!

I think it needs to be said.. Once Matt got cut.. Conquest condemed every Cardinals fan on the sole basis that Matt did so much charity work, so therefore we as Cardinals fans, dont like charity work.. It wasnt a subliminal at all.. It was a "Cardinals fans want cancer patients to die" rant.. It was a meltdown to end the world.. I cant support them type of words.. It crossed the line.. It was hurtful, disrespectful and just plain stupid..

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A
"QB BS" ?

Explain please ?

He can only give you his baseless opinion on the matter. Matt got cut so Carson hates the Cardinals almost as much as the a Bengals in his baseless opinion.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Never heard one complaint about Haley coming from Cassel...and up until Whisenhunt, Leinart has had great relationships with all his coaches - both HS and college...Norm Chow loved the guy. Carson knows this.

Cbus, you and Duckjake should know better than anyone else, these guys (players) talk to each other all the time, especially the big programs, and pretty much there were problems in paradise between Matt and Whizzy from DAY ONE. There is nothing unusual in that, and you can bet that Matt knows everything going on in Cincinnati according to Palmer. Cassel, Palmer and Leinart all worked out together all off-season. I honestly can't attribute any blame on one side for what went wrong, but unfortunately, the way the situation ended was not the best, or smartest PR move.

Players have absolutely zero say where they are drafted, but they do once they are free agents or have some say in where they will be traded (unless they're desperate), and most do not want to go to a team in turmoil or with supposed coaching issues.

Matt also had other avenues to discuss whatever problems were happening in AZ....

http://trojanfootballalumni.com/speedweb/site/index.php?site=USCFootball&p=aboutus.php

Ronnie Lott, Bruce Matthews, Anthony Munoz...etc, all all mentors.
I have no doubt that they have talked but I find it hard to believe someone would base their career on somebody else's experiences. Granted, Arziona may not be one of his top choices but to rule them out and not report, when he really wouldn't any other recourse than to retire , doesn't make sense to me.
Also, there's been reports of Haley and Cassel not getting along. I think iit was in the Whitlock article somebody posted awhile back . Something about Haley playing head games with Matt and pulling him from some games.
In the end, Mike Brown is a pretty stubborn guy and I don't think he'll trade him.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd rather have Orton than Palmer. The latter is overrted, plays old and has basically stinks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard