Carson Palmer wants out of Cincy?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Cincinnati is not known to give in to blackmail, so I think it's still a longshot he gets traded.

My offer if I'm the Cardinals is a 2012 third-rounder which escalates to a 2nd-rounder if the Cardinals make the playoffs. If it sounds familiar, it is what the Jets coughed up for Bret Favre. Yeah, everything is based on supply and demand, but is Palmer really worth more in draft choices than Favre?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Cincinnati is not known to give in to blackmail, so I think it's still a longshot he gets traded.

My offer if I'm the Cardinals is a 2012 third-rounder which escalates to a 2nd-rounder if the Cardinals make the playoffs. If it sounds familiar, it is what the Jets coughed up for Bret Favre. Yeah, everything is based on supply and demand, but is Palmer really worth more in draft choices than Favre?
Corey Dillon and Carl Pickens forced their way out of Cincy. Pickens was the reason for the "loyalty clause" Mike Brown puts in contracts.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is Palmer really worth more in draft choices than Favre?
No. Favre paid for himself if NY in jersey sales alone. Palmer is no Favre--not on the field, not in the marketing arena.

I think Palmer's decline is going to remain steep.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Favre paid for himself if NY in jersey sales alone. Palmer is no Favre--not on the field, not in the marketing arena.

I think Palmer's decline is going to remain steep.

agreed. how so many of you would give up a 2nd rounder for that guy, who just looks shell shocked out there and really only had one great season then was never the same after his knee got destroyed is puzzling to me.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Per Mort and Schefter, Palmer wants out of Cincy so much so that he may even threaten to retire. He prefers the west coast. They mentioned three of the NFC West teams.

This is something I can definetely get behind. Make it happen!

I heard this on Sports Center. The problem I think is what will they want for him or what will he want. He would certainly be in the top three of available guys. Our front office whoever they have an interest in should not spend weeks thinking about this because there an a number of teams looking for a QB. The early bird in this case will not get the worm.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Per Mort and Schefter, Palmer wants out of Cincy so much so that he may even threaten to retire. He prefers the west coast. They mentioned three of the NFC West teams.

This is something I can definetely get behind. Make it happen!

The Sports Center noted he said if they want trade him he will retire.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't know if I want Palmer here, but if he is on the table, it should make the Orton/McNaab/Bulger/Smith/Kolb possible deals a little bit cheaper.

I do not think Kolb is going to be in this mix. If he is I read they will want a #1 and a #2 for him. No way do I do that.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if the Cards traded for Palmer, there is no way he would want to play behind our woeful OLine. He would probably just retire with us as well.

Conquest

Rookie
Reaction score
I call BS. Palmer will QBing in Cinci next time they play. JMO.

A big bone of contention has been play calling. If Carson stays in Cincinnati, there may be a change in the coaching staff on offense.

IF he is traded, he will have a say where he can be traded to...per the word out from California and his friends.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
agreed. how so many of you would give up a 2nd rounder for that guy, who just looks shell shocked out there and really only had one great season then was never the same after his knee got destroyed is puzzling to me.
I would give up a 2nd right now. HIs numbers in 2006, pre-injury, are almost the exact same as they were this past year with the exception of 7 more int's.
2006- 62.3% completions, 4035 yards, 252 ypg, 28 TD's and 13 Ints
2010- 61.8% completions, 3970 yards, 248 ypg, 26 TD's 20 Int

Warner's 2009 season
66.1%, 3753 yards, 250 ypg, 26 TD's, 14 Int but the ints can be offset by Warner's 19 lost fumbles the last 3 years compared to Palmer's 6.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Just heard on Sportscenter that Brown has no intentions of even entertaining offers for Palmer. He stated that Palmer is an important part of what they are trying to do in Cincinnati.

If Palmer means what he says then its retirement for him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Yeah... People who are all over Carson Palmer for a 2nd maybe didn't watch him play much this year. He--by himself--cost the Bengals at least one win at home against Tampa Bay.

I'd give a third for him; at his current deal he's probably a bargain for what you get, but he's not a long-term solution to the problem.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would give up a 2nd right now. HIs numbers in 2006, pre-injury, are almost the exact same as they were this past year with the exception of 7 more int's.
2006- 62.3% completions, 4035 yards, 252 ypg, 28 TD's and 13 Ints
2010- 61.8% completions, 3970 yards, 248 ypg, 26 TD's 20 Int

2006 was pre-injury and most of those yards and TDs came this year in blowouts where he and the team got wayyyyyyyy behind and they had to throw every down.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Yeah... People who are all over Carson Palmer for a 2nd maybe didn't watch him play much this year. He--by himself--cost the Bengals at least one win at home against Tampa Bay.

I'd give a third for him; at his current deal he's probably a bargain for what you get, but he's not a long-term solution to the problem.
I remember Warner "single-handedly" costing the Cards a few games over the years. Plus, there was alot more to that loss than Palmer. Lewis calling a pass play when TB had no timeouts didn't help. 85 let a pass go off his hands for an INT late. The defense was a sieve after the INT.

Tampa Bay was out of timeouts and feeling a little helpless.
“I wanted to be aggressive,” Lewis said. “I wanted to win the football game there at the end. I will take responsibility for that.”

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I remember Warner "single-handedly" costing the Cards a few games over the years. Plus, there was alot more to that loss than Palmer. Lewis calling a pass play when TB had no timeouts didn't help. 85 let a pass go off his hands for an INT late. The defense was a sieve after the INT.

Tampa Bay was out of timeouts and feeling a little helpless.
“I wanted to be aggressive,” Lewis said. “I wanted to win the football game there at the end. I will take responsibility for that.”

I was watching that game as it happened. Palmer through the ball directly to a defender.

When Warner signed with us, he signed a one-year, $4 million contract, and then re-upped for three years and $22 million in Feb 06. It's a little bit different than the draft pick/financial investment with Palmer. And Warner was a two-time NFL MVP and Super Bowl MVP. Carson Palmer's a nice player.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
2006 was pre-injury and most of those yards and TDs came this year in blowouts where he and the team got wayyyyyyyy behind and they had to throw every down.
I realize 2006 was pre-injury that's why I was using it as a comparison.
As for the blowouts this year that only happened twice when they down 24-3 to NE in week 1 and week 7 when they were also down 24-3 to Atlanta. Both games he threw 50 passes. In the other games his passing totals were very consistent in the 33-38 attempts per game. That ATL he did toss 3 td's that was the only game he threw fro more than 2 TD's except for the win against SD late where he threw 4 in only 21 attempts. I can't believe people would give a 2nd for Orton but not Palmer.

Conquest

Rookie
Reaction score
Carson is not an option for Arizona (by Carson), period...just as much as Matt is not an option (by the Cardinals).

Let's move on.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Only thing I can say in Palmer's defense is he had to play with TO and Oncho. I would rather take a year off too, sounds like he is just done with Cincy. He might do very well in a place with a O-line, that aint us.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All those who think Carson Palmer is a joke and can't play the game don't know what the hell you are talking about. Palmer is one of the better qb in the league. It just unfortunate that he is not on one of the better teams in the league. Bring him here and he will lead the Cardinals to the Super-bowl.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
Carson is not an option for Arizona (by Carson), period...just as much as Matt is not an option (by the Cardinals).

Let's move on.

If Arizona isn't an option for him and he want's out of Cincy bad enuff to threaten retirement if he's not traded, and Brown refuses to trade him then I say good bye Carson, we barely knew ya. The next time I watch an NFL game just to watch Carson Palmer play will be the first time.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Arizona isn't an option for him and he want's out of Cincy bad enuff to threaten retirement if he's not traded, and Brown refuses to trade him then I say good bye Carson, we barely knew ya. The next time I watch an NFL game just to watch Carson Palmer play will be the first time.

Don't feed the troll. He is basing this on his 100% baseless opinion. He heard it from his cousin, who is best friends with the sister of neighbor who walks the dog for Carson's third uncle twice removed.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort