Cards working out CFL CB

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Per NFPost.com

The Arizona Cardinals are working out Edmonton Eskimos cornerback Aaron Grymes today, according to a league source.

Grymes was a CFL All-Star this past season, intercepting four passes. He returned one for a touchdown.

In three seasons with the Eskimos, Grymes has eight interceptions.

Grymes, 24, played collegiately at Idaho.

At Idaho, he recorded 248 career tackles, two interceptions, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. Growing up in Seattle, Grymes ran the 100-meter dash in 10.8 seconds and recorded a 4.4 in the 40-yard dash.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I Guess they are starting to evaluate players to add in the off season

They bring players in on every Tuesday during the season. Some of it could be looking at next year and some of it is looking to upgrade and some is in case we suffer an injury then they know who to pick up off the street.

OP
OP
cardpa

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Makes me wonder why NFL teams don't look at CFL talent more often. there must be some NFL caliber talent up there. I would almost certainly think the NFL pays better than the CFL. You would think with their wide open 3 down game you could find some pass rushers, secondary players and WRs that can play at an NFL level. Their game is geared to these positions.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Makes me wonder why NFL teams don't look at CFL talent more often. there must be some NFL caliber talent up there. I would almost certainly think the NFL pays better than the CFL. You would think with their wide open 3 down game you could find some pass rushers, secondary players and WRs that can play at an NFL level. Their game is geared to these positions.

Because Stevie Baggs

chickenhead

Reaction score

I like the CFL (the Grey Cup is always close, though the Super Bowl is a lot better now than the consistent blowouts from my childhood...) and there is a lot of talent there. But because the seasons only partially overlap--the CFL season is well underway by NFL training camps--CFL free agents take a risk to try out for the NFL. I assume Grymes is being evaluated now since he played through the championship game in November.

Sometimes CFL teams grant a release to try out for the NFL. Saskatchewan did so for Weston Dressler, who didn't catch on in the NFL and is now back in the CFL.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cardpa

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Add
Joe Horn-WR
Joe Theismann-QB
Jeff Garcia-QB
Rocket Ismail-WR
Joe Kapp-QB
Cookie Gilchrist-RB

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Excellent to hear. Ive always been a big supporter of looking at CFL guys. But it seems like we so rarely do.

As already pointed out, we worked out Cameron Wake back in the day but he wanted "too much money".....SMH...

I don't know anything about this Grymes kid, but hes got a good name and resume.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Side note on the CFL:

At the Bengals game, when I first got to my seat in row 4, sec 110, I at first thought there were five Eagles fans in the row directly in front of us because they had these green jerseys on. Then, I thought, "Jets fans?" I asked the guy, and it turns out they were Saskatchewan jerseys. All authentics, with several autographs on each of them as far as about 10 years ago.

Talked to them a bit, and they told me the last three years they have been coming down to play golf and catch a game. They really enjoy Cards games compared to other places they had been for that trip. Really cool dudes, I totally could befriend them if I moved to Saskatchewan for some reason. I know they have to be cool because they kept laughing at the things I was yelling to get under the skin of the Bengals fans in front of them.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Sam Etcheverry QB who played for the Cards in the early 60s, unfortunately, he didn't last long.

I have a close friend who is a nephew of Sam 'The Rifle'. He gave me this jersey for Christmas last year.

Edit....posting from new phone... Don't know why pic needs rotated.. Never happened before..

Attachments

• 20151218_202840.jpg
    20151218_202840.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard