Cards trading for Zach Ertz

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure of this move. Ertz is nearing the end but Cardinals needed someone to man that position for atleast next 11 games. They cannot sit back and wait for 11 games when they are 5-0. I think I like it as it stands right now.
How is someone 30 year old nearing the end?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure of this move. Ertz is nearing the end but Cardinals needed someone to man that position for atleast next 11 games. They cannot sit back and wait for 11 games when they are 5-0. I think I like it as it stands right now.
Is he near the end or has he just been in a poor team recently?

He's 31 on Nov 10th. Kelce is 32 already, he's 13 months older. Gronk is a year and a half older. Both are still going strong.

Darren Fells and Jimmy Graham are 35. Ok, both are down this year but last year both had decent seasons.

I can see him having at least 3 more good season in him after this one.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im happy bit old but cards use to that... lol

Physical tend can catch decent blocker

B plus trade best tend available probably for price

Gj cards

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Ertz is the better receiver, but I feel some are still underestimating how good of a blocker Maxx was. Makes us a little bit more predictable on offense imo.
It'll definitely be a different strength/weakness at the position, but considering it's a mid season move, I'm not sure anything much better would be available. I'm betting he's a slight upgrade overall, so that's a win. (and I think Maxx was really helping, so I expect quite a bit from Ertz)

The other benefit of Ertz is the compensatory pick if he doesn't stick around.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
ya know....I would be overwhelmed with emotion too if I had just found out I was getting away from the eagles....going to a young undefeated team means maybe another shot at a ring...something all good players want.

Maxx is a better blocker doesnt mean Zac cant block at all. This does not change our offense that much

Having a legit proven pass catcher at the position has to boost kylers confidence

keep picks 1-4....trade picks 5-7...... Keim is doing well.

PLayoff experience...leadership....ability.... IMO getting Ertz was a boon...a stroke of luck....we were due a stroke of good luck.
every team in the NFCWest has a signature piece that has to be accounted for.... Rams have a nearly unblockable big man in the middle of their D line... Niners have a TE capable of leading the league in receiving.... Hags have a mobile QB that can kill you with his legs...

we now have all three.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ertz Eagles exit conference

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I had hopes for Gowan too but after seeing how bad he was when the ball was in the air in the preseason I'm not surprised. Good athlete but he could not locate the ball in the air.
Gowan wasn't looking back for the ball at all. He could stay with his man though, but that's still a recipe for not good enough at CB.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why do you say past his prime?
You must be registered for see images attach

Stats are down for the past few years. Injuries piling up to an extent. Eagles declined to pay more or give an extension. https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/will-we-ever-see-elite-zach-ertz-eagles-again. Was on the trade block for almost an year and could only fetch 5th plus.

Lot of evidence to point towards past prime. Cardinals may not need prime Ertz. But someone who can get 600-700 yards a season on a 6.5 YPC average and being a redzone target. This Ertz can do without a question for this and next year. Happy with the trade but cannot pretend Ertz is a cornerstone like Dhop or Jones when they came here.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Ertz Eagles exit conference

So he knew all week that last night was his last game. Also find it interesting that the compensation now is the same offer from the off-season, essentially.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stats are down for the past few years. Injuries piling up to an extent. Eagles declined to pay more or give an extension. https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/will-we-ever-see-elite-zach-ertz-eagles-again. Was on the trade block for almost an year and could only fetch 5th plus.

Lot of evidence to point towards past prime. Cardinals may not need prime Ertz. But someone who can get 600-700 yards a season on a 6.5 YPC average and being a redzone target. This Ertz can do without a question for this and next year. Happy with the trade but cannot pretend Ertz is a cornerstone like Dhop or Jones when they came here.
As I said early upthread - is this another AJ Green situation? How much is his decline (and yes, we all decline at somepoint) and how much is the awful QB play in PHI?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

2020 is really his only time with injuries...His stats from 2019 would have made him #1 receiver on Cardinals.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As I said early upthread - is this another AJ Green situation? How much is his decline (and yes, we all decline at somepoint) and how much is the awful QB play in PHI?

Even AJ Green is not the prime AJ Green here. Green is having a good year not the prime Green year. At best that is what Ertz can give to Arizona. That will be great.

LOL. I am generally happy with the trade. You guys are trying to beat me down to make me agree he is the prime Ertz?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even AJ Green is not the prime AJ Green here. Green is having a good year not the prime Green year. At best that is what Ertz can give to Arizona. That will be great.

LOL. I am generally happy with the trade. You guys are trying to beat me down to make me agree he is the prime Ertz?
I think he is close enough to his prime that his numbers in a good system will be similar to 2017-19 for a couple years. No one is saying sign him to a 10-year deal ;)

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ertz is a luxury for Arizona offense. Arizona offense doesn't need TEs. It is great Cardinals now have Ertz. Kliff maybe scheming to take out TEs of the offense as the talent there was lacking. We will see what happens to this stat after Ertz.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if Kliff even has the plays in the playbook to fully take advantage of Ertz, but considering he's shredding DBs here and he's going to find himself against CB4/SAF2 or LBs he's going to be a huge mismatch.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is he near the end or has he just been in a poor team recently?

He's 31 on Nov 10th. Kelce is 32 already, he's 13 months older. Gronk is a year and a half older. Both are still going strong.

Darren Fells and Jimmy Graham are 35. Ok, both are down this year but last year both had decent seasons.

I can see him having at least 3 more good season in him after this one.
Do you see anyone taking a backseat now or can we now match Tampa's ability to be video game good (in terms of targets)
I wonder if Kliff even has the plays in the playbook to fully take advantage of Ertz, but considering he's shredding DBs here and he's going to find himself against CB4/SAF2 or LBs he's going to be a huge mismatch.