Cards trading for Zach Ertz

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think you guys are underrating Maxx's acceleration. He showed really decent speed after the catch.

Im sold on Ertz cause he can get open. He shook free from Devin White the other day.
I think injuries have sapped him of a lot of speed but I was shocked to read that maxx ran the third fastest time for TEs at the nfl combine in his draft year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think injuries have sapped him of a lot of speed but I was shocked to read that maxx ran the third fastest time for TEs at the nfl combine in his draft year.

ertz ran a 4.76 at his combine, Maxx 4.78. Ertz is a more fluid athlete and runs better routes, Maxx is a better blocker.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Personally I love the report of Ertz crying at his locker after the game, it speaks very highly to his character. We need the types of players who are as emotionally invested as they are financially because they will do anything for the team and other players feed off that. I for one love this trade for both the position of need aspect, but also for the heart and playoff experience that comes with it

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The zero wide is stupid now. You have to spy Murray
Well only if murray makes them pay. If he’s not looking to run you don’t have to spy anything. That’s why I want him to make an occasional statement game running when large swaths of empty green stare him in the face. Make teams account for you.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
ertz ran a 4.76 at his combine, Maxx 4.78. Ertz is a more fluid athlete and runs better routes, Maxx is a better blocker.
No doubt. Also I knew ertz had a stellar career with the eagles when not injured but I was shocked to see him as the second most receptions for the team in its history.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I’m good with this.

Me too. He isn't a perfect player, but who IS that we would have access to at a low cost like this? We had a huge need open up--well, we ALREADY had a huge need at the position that got much bigger, so we had to do something about it. And we did.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
it will be interesting to see which is true:

1. Ertz is a declining player as demonstrated by his lack of production

or

2. Ertz was in the middle of a dysfunctional offense with questionable QB the last two year as demonstrated by his lack of production
Other than being injured last year, what's really declining about his production?

In 2019 he was 88/916/6 Stat Line (This would have been #1 on the Cardinals in 2019, btw).
His 2021 numbers in a crappy offense, led by an inaccurate passer: 18/189/2

Maxx in 2021, with the the QB at the top of the league in accuracy and a Tecmo Bowl offense: 16/193/1

I think Ertz will have the opportunity to increase his output by a lot.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He is making a very good point. We are going to have a real hard putting out a decent team next year due to the cap and lack of draft picks.
The magical cap will be almost back to pre-covid, if not 100% of what it was pre-covid.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The point is you’re giving up a pic that you’re just assuming is going to not be a productive player anyway. So why not get a sure thing
I understand the reasoning. But the truth is you’re giving up a pick and more cash bc of your inability to hit on a draft pick and fill a need in the first place.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand the reasoning. But the truth is you’re giving up a pick and more cash bc of your inability to hit on a draft pick and fill a need in the first place.
That’s 100% incorrect. They traded for Ertz because of a freak injury. No GM can plan or predict for that

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
He said he cried at his locker for 30 minutes knowing he had been traded. Sounds like my kind of guy.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure of this move. Ertz is nearing the end but Cardinals needed someone to man that position for atleast next 11 games. They cannot sit back and wait for 11 games when they are 5-0. I think I like it as it stands right now.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup. He was a receiving TE coming out with near zero respect for his blocking. After getting hurt in Baltimore and losing his speed, he reinvented himself as a different TE. Kudos to him. That’s rare.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn