Cards Superbowl - Who was there?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I hear you. I just didn't like the "no pride" comment. There are plenty of us that have pride, but I guess not enough of us.

And I totally get your point about support. I remember when the Cards got to the Super Bowl and there were people coming out of the woodwork. I think there are a lot of casual fans. I talked with a coworker today who didn't know JJ Watt was out for the season.

Coming from the Philly market, it can be a bit (okay, really effing) frustrating. Sorry, wasn't trying to come at you. Just pissed.
And yet in Tampa us cardinals fans were outnumbered by Steelers fans like 75-1. And it was our first freaking super bowl.

***ADMIN EDIT - I moved the Superbowl Attendance talk to this new thread *****

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t airplanes go to and from both states to Tampa? Not an excuse in this day and age. It wouldn’t have mattered where the game was.
Exactly. We flew into Orlando and drove to Tampa. Easy peasy.

Bottom line - those who want to be somewhere will find a way to be there.

It's not worth the effort to others.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t airplanes go to and from both states to Tampa? Not an excuse in this day and age. It wouldn’t have mattered where the game was.

You can drive from PA to Florida in a day. Driving from AZ to Florida is not really a legitimate option.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Exactly. We flew into Orlando and drove to Tampa. Easy peasy.

Bottom line - those who want to be somewhere will find a way to be there.

It's not worth the effort to others.
We did exactly the same thing. Stayed in Orlando and drove to Tampa for the game and the day before to the cards official hang out. The wings from there were good too.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was about 60/40 Steeler fans in my section.

You must be registered for see images attach

Still can't believe that we ran into you on the way out of the game.

I remember walking around the stadium before the game and estimating it being about 9 to 1 Steelers to Cardinals fans.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Same for us. The thing we thought was cool was seeing fans in jerseys from literally every team in the league. Going in we thought there'd be a bunch of "suits" in the stands rather than actual fans.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I remember walking around the stadium before the game and estimating it being about 9 to 1 Steelers to Cardinals fans.
I actually think my corner where I was? about 50/50 I was upraised at the # of Cards fans in the stadium actually.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That was pretty cool seeing you there.

The traffic was so bad in the parking structure that we parked in that we just sat on our hood and waited hours for it to bleed out. While we were waiting, Dick Vitale stumbled into the structure, yelling at the top of his lungs "What a Game Baby!!!" and throwing up his arms. He was so drunk. He even pulled out his wallet and tried to give us a wad of $20 bills because he said the Cardinals fans got robbed. Lol. Someone a lot less scrupulous could have mugged him and would have had about a thousand bucks that he was carrying. We ended up talking to him for about a half hour until his designated driver came and then we drove off. He seemed like a decent guy.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually think my corner where I was? about 50/50 I was upraised at the # of Cards fans in the stadium actually.

We were in a section where the tickets had to be picked up in person in Tampa the day before the game so it made it harder to sell. So we had pretty good numbers of Cardinals fans in our section as well.

Crazy to think that I only had to pay $500 for Super Bowl tickets.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was pretty cool seeing you there.

The traffic was so bad in the parking structure that we parked in that we just sat on our hood and waited hours for it to bleed out. While we were waiting, Dick Vitale stumbled into the structure, yelling at the top of his lungs "What a Game Baby!!!" and throwing up his arms. He was so drunk. He even pulled out his wallet and tried to give us a wad of $20 bills because he said the Cardinals fans got robbed. Lol. Someone a lot less scrupulous could have mugged him and would have had about a thousand bucks that he was carrying. We ended up talking to him for about a half hour until his designated driver came and then we drove off. He seemed like a decent guy.

That was the worst. Sitting in the parking structure for 3 hours and having to watch every single Steeler fan walk by and tell me what a great game it was.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were in a section where the tickets had to be picked up in person in Tampa the day before the game so it made it harder to sell. So we had pretty good numbers of Cardinals fans in our section as well.

I payed 880.00 a piece

Duckjake(rip) sold me his tickets he won via the lottery.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I payed 880.00 a piece

Duckjake(rip) sold me his tickets he won via the lottery.

We paid $800 each for tickets Duckjake's wife got from her work.
It was crazy. When we were driving home from the NFC Championship game, my wife at the time found an opening at a boutique hotel right on St. Pete's Beach for about $100 per night (3 nights) and she booked it. Then we were drawn in the lottery and I paid like $300 per ticket for both of us. And then for airfare, we got a hell of a deal on a redeye for like $200 each. So our tickets, plane, and hotel came in at under $1500.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

We did too we paid $1800 each but we were in the cards family section. Sat next to Jim O's sister and mom.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Steelers to cards or Steelers to everyone else?

Our section was much more skewed towards Steelers. And judging from just walking around the city and the nfl experience, etc us cardinals fans were a tiny minority. So much so that when we would finally find one invariably they’d run up to overjoyed to find another cardinals fan. The place we saw a lot of cards fans was some bar that was so remote it wasn’t near the stadium or downtown or near anything else. Everywhere else was overrun with Steelers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was crazy. When we were driving home from the NFC Championship game, my wife at the time found an opening at a boutique hotel right on St. Pete's Beach for about $100 per night (3 nights) and she booked it. Then we were drawn in the lottery and I paid like $300 per ticket for both of us. And then for airfare, we got a hell of a deal on a redeye for like $200 each. So our tickets, plane, and hotel came in at under $1500.

I bought me, my dad, brother not Ouchie and Ouchie’s plane tickets the second the Giants lost in the second round. Knew we’d be at the NFC Title Game and didn’t need to worry about flight after we won. Also, one of my best friends from high school lived just outside Tampa, right next to his brother and we all dpgpiled into those two houses for free.

Probably the easiest Super Bowl accommodations possible.

Come to think of it... we probably should have given T and his brother some kind of gift for hosting us. Do you remember if we did anything like that @Ouchie-Z-Clown ?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steelers to cards or Steelers to everyone else?

Our section was much more skewed towards Steelers. And judging from just walking around the city and the nfl experience, etc us cardinals fans were a tiny minority. So much so that when we would finally find one invariably they’d run up to overjoyed to find another cardinals fan. The place we saw a lot of cards fans was some bar that was so remote it wasn’t near the stadium or downtown or near anything else. Everywhere else was overrun with Steelers.
Steelers to everyone else.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah we got our tickets very last minute as they had a few leftover that they released. So everything was crazy expensive by then.

Luckily my wife is from Florida and has Friends and Family everywhere. We ended up getting a super cheap flight to Jacksonville where my wife's youngest brother lived at the time. Spent a night with them. Rented a car for cheap and drove to my wifes best friend from high school place who lived in tampa and stayed with them. After the game we drove to Orlando and stayed with her other brother and took a cheap flight out of Orlando. Whole trip for the two of us cost less than $2000 including the Super Bowl tickets.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah we got our tickets very last minute as they had a few leftover that they released. So everything was crazy expensive by then.

Luckily my wife is from Florida and has Friends and Family everywhere. We ended up getting a super cheap flight to Jacksonville where my wife's youngest brother lived at the time. Spent a night with them. Rented a car for cheap and drove to my wifes best friend from high school place who lived in tampa and stayed with them. After the game we drove to Orlando and stayed with her other brother and took a cheap flight out of Orlando. Whole trip for the two of us cost less than $2000 including the Super Bowl tickets.
My brother and his buddies flew into and out of Orlando within 24 hours. They arrived into the stadium a little bit before kickoff and had to hightail it after the game to catch the return flight. Lol. Talk about a long day.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I bought me, my dad, brother not Ouchie and Ouchie’s plane tickets the second the Giants lost in the second round. Knew we’d be at the NFC Title Game and didn’t need to worry about flight after we won. Also, one of my best friends from high school lived just outside Tampa, right next to his brother and we all dpgpiled into those two houses for free.

Probably the easiest Super Bowl accommodations possible.

Come to think of it... we probably should have given T and his brother some kind of gift for hosting us. Do you remember if we did anything like that @Ouchie-Z-Clown ?
We were with dad, so probably not. In retrospect I’m surprised none of us thought of it. Maybe we thought we were going to pay in lap dances? Drinks?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA