Shame on the season ticket holders that sold

Strongstyle

Rookie
Reaction score
Blah blah I know they don't owe us anything or any kind of explanation, but it was definitely a factor in a 3 point loss tonight. Crazy thing is, this game might actually cost them a home playoff game. Now I'm not saying we lost solely because of that, but our crowd didn't show up for a primetime game at 7-0 and that doesn't help. Even though the game was constantly close, the crowd was a nonfactor. This could bite us down the line.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Hard to fault them when you can just about cover your season ticket cost with one game

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
there’s gotta be Cards fans out there that would pay a lot to go to this game. I don’t mind selling the tickets, but at least sell them to Cards fans.
I remember when I lived in AZ and had season tickets in 2009, I had to sell my tickets to the Vikings game because it was my wife’s birthday. I initially offered them at face value to Cards fans, including here on this board, and nobody bit. I then offered them to a Vikings fan for 3x the value and cashed in.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember when I lived in AZ and had season tickets in 2009, I had to sell my tickets to the Vikings game because it was my wife’s birthday. I initially offered them at face value to Cards fans, including here on this board, and nobody bit. I then offered them to a Vikings fan for 3x the value and cashed in.
Prob coulda made more

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona is just a crappy state. No pride.
Yo. Settle down, there.

You build a stadium out in the west valley when most people live in the east valley. It takes 90 minutes to get to the stadium on a weeknight. (Once it took us TWO HOURS to get to a Coyotes game.) There are a crap ton of Packers fans that live here and won't change their allegiance and are willing to pay a crap ton for tickets. You have Packers fans that will travel because Arizona is a great place to visit when your state sucks weather-wise. You have ticket brokers who don't give a crap who gets tickets. And, yes, you have season ticket holders who can almost pay off their entire season by selling just this one game.

It sucks, but this is not as bad as when I went to SDS in 1997 and saw nothing but Patriots fans. And this isn't the only city experiencing this. Any state that counts on tourism revenue is going to see this happen. Plus, there is not longer the Black Hole or 700 level in Philly. Opposing fans are more welcomed now due to increased security.

Don't **** on my state.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yo. Settle down, there.

You build a stadium out in the west valley when most people live in the east valley. It takes 90 minutes to get to the stadium on a weeknight. (Once it took us TWO HOURS to get to a Coyotes game.) There are a crap ton of Packers fans that live here and won't change their allegiance and are willing to pay a crap ton for tickets. You have Packers fans that will travel because Arizona is a great place to visit when your state sucks weather-wise. You have ticket brokers who don't give a crap who gets tickets. And, yes, you have season ticket holders who can almost pay off their entire season by selling just this one game.

It sucks, but this is not as bad as when I went to SDS in 1997 and saw nothing but Patriots fans. And this isn't the only city experiencing this. Any state that counts on tourism revenue is going to see this happen. Plus, there is not longer the Black Hole or 700 level in Philly. Opposing fans are more welcomed now due to increased security.

Don't **** on my state.
Whoa there. Arizona is my home too. Doesn't change how I feel about it overall. I've lived all over now, and mostly on the westcoast. Every area on the west coast is exactly like Arizona, so Arizona doesn't get that excuse.

If the Seahawks were 7-0, you'd see a few opposing fans.

Even the Rams are now mostly Rams fans.

Arizona just doesn't support their teams until the 100% know the team is really good. 7-0 doesn't quite do it. I'm just sick of how people in that

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa there. Arizona is my home too. Doesn't change how I feel about it overall. I've lived all over now, and mostly on the westcoast. Every area on the west coast is exactly like Arizona, so Arizona doesn't get that excuse.

Arizona just doesn't support their teams until the 100% know the team is really good. 7-0 doesn't quite do it. I'm just sick of how people in that
I hear you. I just didn't like the "no pride" comment. There are plenty of us that have pride, but I guess not enough of us.

And I totally get your point about support. I remember when the Cards got to the Super Bowl and there were people coming out of the woodwork. I think there are a lot of casual fans. I talked with a coworker today who didn't know JJ Watt was out for the season.

Coming from the Philly market, it can be a bit (okay, really effing) frustrating. Sorry, wasn't trying to come at you. Just pissed.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bro in packer stadium a few years ago both teams very good I saw the terrible towels out in force and the Packers stadium was rocking at times for Pittsburgh. I was kinda shocked honestly.

That’s with the traveling fan base you saw today in AZ. In a small town that has few transplants. It’s not just a Cards problem. In the end money talks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I hear you. I just didn't like the "no pride" comment. There are plenty of us that have pride, but I guess not enough of us.

And I totally get your point about support. I remember when the Cards got to the Super Bowl and there were people coming out of the woodwork. I think there are a lot of casual fans. I talked with a coworker today who didn't know JJ Watt was out for the season.

Coming from the Philly market, it can be a bit (okay, really effing) frustrating. Sorry, wasn't trying to come at you. Just pissed.
Saying "no pride" isn't quite what I mean. Maybe I should say "enough pride". I've seen it for a long time. Every time a Phoenix based team is good, it seems like the fans start really showing up for the playoffs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Saying "no pride" isn't quite what I mean. Maybe I should say "enough pride". I've seen it for a long time. Every time a Phoenix based team is good, it seems like the fans start really showing up for the playoffs.
It’s not about pride it’s about fandom. We have hardcore fans like on this board. But the cardinals have never been good enough for a prolonged period to truly capture the minds and hearts of most valley residents. Not like the suns prior to Sarver. The cardinals just don’t have more than a small pocket of diehard fans.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Stadium location is a absolutely why I won't go to games. It's horrible
No offense to you - but this is what I mean. Giants fans have to drive to New Jersey to go to a game. They do. In droves. For decades. Their fans wouldn’t say I won’t go to a game because of where the stadium is located. It’s a different level of fandom. GoldGloves is still a fan, just not as diehard as the dude who drives an hour from NYC to jersey for a giants game.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No offense to you - but this is what I mean. Giants fans have to drive to New Jersey to go to a game. They do. In droves. For decades. Their fans wouldn’t say I won’t go to a game because of where the stadium is located. It’s a different level of fandom. GoldGloves is still a fan, just not as diehard as the dude who drives an hour from NYC to jersey for a giants game.

I won't disagree with you, but if the stadium were in Tempe or Scottsde I'd have season tickets and I guarantee the crowd wouldn't look like this week after week. Nobody wants to make that drive except the hard-core fans and the visiting team fans who only get once chance to see their team.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yea I don’t get that logic at all I used to drive from vegas as many as 5 times a year some seasons. And people are bitching about across town?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only way it will ever change is if we eventually grow into a dynasty that builds a very large loyal fan base. Even then you expect that in down years fans will be selling their tickets.
You guys must’ve missed my post about Steeler fans in Lambeau field… It happens everywhere… Some places more than others but it still happens

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is lame. Cities like Phoenix are transplant cities. Everyone loves it here and comes from all over the country to live here and they bring their football allegiances with them. It is what it is.
THIS!!! It is how it is. As a transplant, I just wish more people gave a little. And weren't jerkoffs when they can't. Coyotes/Flyers Dbacks/Phillies Sixers/Suns

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson