Cards signing QB Trace McSorley off Ravens Practice Squad

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is happening so late it makes me wonder if there’s new concern about Murray.
They tried to sign Shane Buechele last week and were blocked after seeing Streveler struggle. They wanted insurance with McCoy's injury and seeing enough from Streveler. This is about McCoy's injury and not Kyler's. Kyler was set to play and feels 100%, but KK talked him into sitting 1 more week to see and for the stretch run.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards will resign McCoy. He will not be getting big bucks at his age and likes it here. However, he may get a decent raise like Drew Stranton did. They could give him a 2 year contract for $4 million total. He is a career backup not a starter and 35 years of age.
Agreed and is sounds like he'll transition right into coaching at some point too.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Since he is coming off a practice squad, I am assuming he will be on our active roster? Hence why they cut Strevler.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not much of an acquisition. He’s a good athlete with a strong arm but his accuracy and judgment leave much to be desired. He can run with the ball and has above average speed.

The hope is he’s matured, but since he was allowed to be taken I doubt much has changed. He can be reckless and impatient at times. He did make a few notable big plays in college but he was never consistent. He’s an upgrade over Streveler but not a major one. He should be decent running the scout team. This is happening so late it makes me wonder if there’s new concern about Murray.
Well when we're talking about QB #3 on any team there's never much hope of being a super star or shouldn't be at least lol? As long as he's better than Streveler is all that I'm concerned with. I've watched him play, in fact the game I saw him play in was the one where it looked like Lamar was finished? He moved the Ravens but I don't think they scored? Lamar ended up coming back in & winning the game. Watched him at Penn St, he's got some ability, can scramble better than Streveler imo.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is his NFL highlight!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And then here's the rest of his career so far.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm glad Streveler is gone. However, I don't like putting a QB on the market mid season that knows our entire playbook. I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up on an NFC contenders practice squad. For this reason I hope they sign him back to our PS.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is a dotting i's and crossing t's move

I like seeing that sort of professionalism and attention to detail rather than relying on "probably" - probably won't have to use qb3

Look after the small things the big things tend to take care of themselves.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Gotta trust Keim after his recent roster moves directly won in Seattle this week.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
He's the one QB I wanted them to sign and mentioned it in the backup signing thread. Certainly an upgrade from Streveler. He fits the offense and can run the ball.

Here is his draft analysis. Hopefully they worked with him in Baltimore to correct the deficiencies.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/trace-mcsorley

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whenever I hear the name McSorley I can't help but think of the SS Edmund Fitzgerald... RIP

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boring fact. His actual name is Richard.

"Technically, Trace McSorley's name is Richard III. But his parents, Rick and Andrea, worried about their son being called Rich, or Little Ricky, which is what one of Trace's grandmothers began calling him after he was born. Then, an NFL game appeared on the TV and the family saw Trace Armstrong, the NFL defensive lineman, on the screen. One thing led to another and Trace's father sold Andrea on the idea of naming their son Trace."

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Great move! There are plenty of HS QBs who throw the ball better imo. How he’s last this long with Big Red is mind boggling. Hell I’d say Max Hall was a better NFL passer :) lol

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm glad Streveler is gone. However, I don't like putting a QB on the market mid season that knows our entire playbook. I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up on an NFC contenders practice squad. For this reason I hope they sign him back to our PS.
Can't be a contender being afraid to make moves. But I agree...it's not ideal in that regard. I just enjoy that this team is operating without that fear level they had in the past.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Boring fact. His actual name is Richard.

"Technically, Trace McSorley's name is Richard III. But his parents, Rick and Andrea, worried about their son being called Rich, or Little Ricky, which is what one of Trace's grandmothers began calling him after he was born. Then, an NFL game appeared on the TV and the family saw Trace Armstrong, the NFL defensive lineman, on the screen. One thing led to another and Trace's father sold Andrea on the idea of naming their son Trace."
Those were their concerns? I mean, how about being called arguably Shakespeare's greatest villain!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards will resign McCoy. He will not be getting big bucks at his age and likes it here. However, he may get a decent raise like Drew Stranton did. They could give him a 2 year contract for $4 million total. He is a career backup not a starter and 35 years of age.
Colt also knows that with Kyler's size, he is going to get some playing time every year.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well colt sure put 2 fine games on film, 2 top 10 all time Cardinal completion percentage games, sandwiching a stinker. He has shown real value at 35 years old. May upgrade a few clubs #1 QB if given the chance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard