Cards Sign ILB Mack Wilson

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Patriots will reportedly have some competition if they hope to re-sign one of their top defensive players from the 2023 season.

Patriots linebacker Mack Wilson plans on testing the free-agent market this week, according to Mark Daniels of MassLive. Per Daniels, New England has been working to sign Wilson before the free-agency bidding officially begins, issuing a “competitive 3-year offer”.”

Wilson, 26, could be a coveted target for several teams this spring thanks to his coverage skills and strong performance during the 2023 season. Over 17 games last season, Wilson recorded 37 tackles, 3.5 sacks, four QB hits and two forced fumbles.

As noted by Daniels, Pro Football Focus gave Wilson an 86.9 coverage grade in 2023 — one of the top marks among NFL linebackers last year.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seems like Krys Barnes probably isn't coming back. This signing doesn't do much for me. Between Wilson and White we're spending $11M+ at off-ball linebacker.
And that means we won't have enough cash to pay............? I have no idea how good he is, but the money spent is the least of my concern. A NYG fan and friend just told me that the Giants are paying Brian Burns $150M. So I can live with $15M.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
And that means we won't have enough cash to pay............? I have no idea how good he is, but the money spent is the least of my concern. A NYG fan and friend just told me that the Giants are paying Brian Burns $150M. So I can live with $15M.
87 mill guaranteed for Burns. Thats 17 mill/year. I’d take that. Probably bigger salary first few years so it might be more but he’ll never see 150.
Only gave up pick 39 and a 5th. Great trade for Giants.

Panthers are a mess. They reportedly were offered 2 firsts last year from the Rams for Burns and turned it down.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Seems like Krys Barnes probably isn't coming back. This signing doesn't do much for me. Between Wilson and White we're spending $11M+ at off-ball linebacker.
i dont know if this is the right way to look at it, but:

including Krys Barnes at $1mm per -- the $12mm is ~4.7% of the cap. 3 players of 53 is 5.7% of the roster.

with QB being a crazy % (Kyler is 20% of the cap) and you need to lower at nearly every other position, but it doesnt seem out of bounds to me.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this is my favorite of all the deals just because of the price. Very good price for a guy with 77 career starts and 109 career games that just turned 26 in the last month.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson