Cards Pick 4th

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score
At 4 I think we are in a good spot. If MHJ is off the board a top 3 QB will be there and several teams are needing QB's this offseason. You get in position for Nabers or Odunze as Kyler desperately needs a WR1 and you cant risk not getting one of the top 3 in this draft.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's just such a depressing concept to skip Will Anderson to get a right tackle and burn another 2nd/3rd pick to get a rookie WR in the middle of the first round.
I get it. But past is past. That’s a better conversation about monti as a strategist. If we’re talking this draft I’m about what we can do know with the assets we possess.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I get it. But past is past. That’s a better conversation about monti as a strategist. If we’re talking this draft I’m about what we can do know with the assets we possess.
We don’t necessarily know that he will trade down this year for sure. Maybe their internal grade on Anderson was such that trading down made sense, especially if they had Paris rated more highly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We don’t necessarily know that he will trade down this year for sure. Maybe their internal grade on Anderson was such that trading down made sense, especially if they had Paris rated more highly.
In which case, it’s a bad sign of his talent evaluation imo.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Fields is entering the 4th year of his rookie contract with the Bears having the fifth year option.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fields is entering the 4th year of his rookie contract with the Bears having the fifth year option.
The 5th year is $25 million. The franchise tag is $32 million. It's a $7 million gamble to not pick it up and he excels next year with MHJ.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bears are between a rock and a hard place. They can surely trade the pick but if they are wrong on Field it will set them back for years.
Houston proved you can win with a rookie qb in place. They are staring at passing on Williams and putting all their eggs in Fields basket.
They have a #1 Wr. They have a TE. They have a couple of good RB’s. Maybe they should take Williams and then o-line on their other 1st round pick.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bears are between a rock and a hard place. They can surely trade the pick but if they are wrong on Field it will set them back for years.
Houston proved you can win with a rookie qb in place. They are staring at passing on Williams and putting all their eggs in Fields basket.
They have a #1 Wr. They have a TE. They have a couple of good RB’s. Maybe they should take Williams and then o-line on their other 2st round pick.
I don't think it does set them back. They can use their pick and any picks gotten this year to move up next year. Shedeur Sanders could be their guy if Fields doesn't take another jump like he did this year. Fields has gotten better each year and surprised me this year. I think the Bears take a chance in him knowing he's progressing vs starting over with an unknown.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it does set them back. They can use their pick and any picks gotten this year to move up next year. Shedeur Sanders could be their guy if Fields doesn't take another jump like he did this year. Fields has gotten better each year and surprised me this year. I think the Bears take a chance in him knowing he's progressing vs starting over with an unknown.
One thing is for sure. There is going to be a huge eb and flow as this off season unfolds.
We don’t know what Monte is planning. Free agent signings could change the whole scheme. The combine will surely change opinions.