Cards need to trade kyler, dur hur

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"The key to the Cardinals’ future decisions with Murray is when the remaining guarantees come into effect. Right now, the Cardinals really cannot move on from Murray before 2025. If they release him for 2024, they will be on the hook for $81.521 million in dead money, an increase of around $30 million on his currently projected cap number.

However, there are also guarantees for 2025 that become effective in 2024. His $18 million salary for 2025 becomes guaranteed in 2024, as does $11.9 million in roster bonus for 2025. That means if the Cardinals move on in the 2025 offseason, they would be on the hook for around $60 million in dead money, meaning it would cost them around $15 million more than his currently projected cap number for 2025.

The story is similar for 2026. In March 2025, there is a further $36.8 million becomes further guaranteed. Then in 2026, another $19.5 million in salary becomes guaranteed for the 2027 season. The first time that the dead money charge for Murray drops below $50 million will be the 2027 season. That does not mean the Cardinals will not cut bait before, but if they do, there will be a big financial punishment associated."

Source: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/kyler-murrays-contract-details-salary-cap-impact-and-bonuses/#:~:text=Then in 2026, another $19.5,a big financial punishment associated.

Knock it off with your silly "Trade Kyler" threads. He's untradeable.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a novel idea, get an OL with some consistency, don't trade away weapons which give you legit fire power like D-Hop, and get a coaching staff in place which can help Kyler Murray utilize his talent

Agreed but what about the things Kyler needs to change?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Agreed but what about the things Kyler needs to change?
That is why I mentioned a coaching staff which can help him utilize his talent, hence coaches he will respect that can get through to him. It is quite possible Kingsbury might be telling him the right things to do (he did seem to be trending in the right direction at one point) but if he won't listen because who Kliff is, then you need to find another coach that can reach him

The6

All Star
Reaction score
That is why I mentioned a coaching staff which can help him utilize his talent, hence coaches he will respect that can get through to him. It is quite possible Kingsbury might be telling him the right things to do (he did seem to be trending in the right direction at one point) but if he won't listen because who Kliff is, then you need to find another coach that can reach him
In other words work with what you got...

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler needs a coach that can hold him accountable. His "Fing chill out" to Kliff is an indicator of an emotionally immature person. Great athlete but I have never been a fan. #
Pack him up!
It’s also an indicator of an extremely frustrated player because his HC is waaaaaaaaay in over his head. A talented young QB can only tolerate so much, especially one that only wants to win.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I am curious to know, and have no idea, if for some reason Kyler couldn´t play anymore, due letś say to a botched surgery or other even more extreme misfortune, what contract and/or cap wise are the Cardinals on the hook for? And would the league compensate the Cards for their loss?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I am curious to know, and have no idea, if for some reason Kyler couldn´t play anymore, due letś say to a botched surgery or other even more extreme misfortune, what contract and/or cap wise are the Cardinals on the hook for? And would the league compensate the Cards for their loss?
I am not curious at all about that because we are not there, I am in the moment of fixing what we have. Enough of this one step forward, five steps back trade crap as the 'solution' to the losing. No Keim is a huge start

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Kyler needs a coach that can hold him accountable. His "Fing chill out" to Kliff is an indicator of an emotionally immature person. Great athlete but I have never been a fan. #
Pack him up!
I can’t wait to see the meltdown when a new coach holds him accountable. He’s got to be the most unlikeable/immature
player that’s come around in a long time. It’s never his fault.

OP
OP
vince56

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
160 mil of the 230.5 mil is guaranteed.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I have a novel idea, get an OL with some consistency, don't trade away weapons which give you legit fire power like D-Hop, and get a coaching staff in place which can help Kyler Murray utilize his talent
Strongly disagree about trading weapons. The Cards should get as big of a package as they can for DHop. Reality is that they have to rebuild with what Keim has left them. DHop is at his peak years right now and will be on the downside once the team is competitive again. Get the assets for him to help with the rebuild while letting him have a change to win in his prime years. It's better for the team long term.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Here’s your sign

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Any QB that needs hand holding to do the fundamentals of their job is a lost cause. They will always revert to their nature. He needs to change himself.

OP
OP
vince56

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The professional coach I have in mind does not hold hands
Agreed. When Kyler yelled at him on the sideline, Kliff should have benched him for at least a series or two, if not the rest of the game. Send a message that you're the one in charge and he does what he's told. Arians would have sat him 100% after that. Payton too.

Same with a recent episode of Hard Knocks. My jaw was on the floor when Kliff gave the team Monday off after a loss. Are you kidding me? Pound these guys and pull the best out of them. They're not going to perform if you ask nicely, this is the NFL.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. When Kyler yelled at him on the sideline, Kliff should have benched him for at least a series or two, if not the rest of the game. Send a message that you're the one in charge and he does what he's told. Arians would have sat him 100% after that. Payton too.

Same with a recent episode of Hard Knocks. My jaw was on the floor when Kliff gave the team Monday off after a loss. Are you kidding me? Pound these guys and pull the best out of them. They're not going to perform if you ask nicely, this is the NFL.

Part of me understands the "I'll treat you grown adults" attitude but there also has to be "but if you don't ill kick your ass" on the flip side.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

If BA or Payton were the HC, Murray would have never been so outraged & frustrated to have even been in a position to yell at the coach. Did Murray ever yell at Lincoln Riley while at OU? The answer is NO. Because Riley knew what he was doing & got the plays in on time. I would put blame on Murray if that was the first time that plays came in late. It wasn’t. It’s been happening from day 1 of the Kingsbury regime. Murray had finally had enough.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose