Things have changed.
Reaction score

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad that Kiem is not here filling all the coaching positions as he did with Kingsbury. I really don't know anything about Rallis but we need to fill lots of holes on defense in free agency and the draft. Getting either Anderson or Carter with the 3rd pick is a start.

Last edited:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are bringing in a lot of young coaches

Looks like JG and Ossie are doing the hiring

Is MB letting them do their job this time around?

Looking like that so far

Good thing Rallis has going for him is he's been a LB coach and we really someone to bring out the best in Simmons and Collins

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've brought up that a older defensive mentor would help

I noticed that Wade Phillips is coaching Houston in the XFL so I guess he's scratched off the list?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Correct me if I an wrong - since Rallis is under contract with Philly, wouldn't he have to stay if offered the DC role?
Have to stay? I don't think so. It would still be a new contract with the Eagles. Could the Eagles have attempted to block him leaving by not allowing an interview, because they were planning to promote him? I think so. Once they allowed him to interview, though, he was fair game.

Think back to Keith Butler with Steelers... similar situation.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Positives:

1. No VJ
2. No VJ
3. No VJ

Gannon will probably be calling the defense, at least at first, so Rallis will be kind of "interning" at DC this season. Sure would like to see a defense cover the middle of the field and screens. Maybe stopping the run would be nice. Hoping they plug some DL holes and can get a pass rush too.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Positives:

1. No VJ
2. No VJ
3. No VJ

Gannon will probably be calling the defense, at least at first, so Rallis will be kind of "interning" at DC this season. Sure would like to see a defense cover the middle of the field and screens. Maybe stopping the run would be nice. Hoping they plug some DL holes and can get a pass rush too.
I think Gannon will let Rallis call his own plays, he'll just keep an eye on the defense & help if & when needed.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If he’s this well respected and no in NFL circles is blinking at this hire at 29 I’m thinking there might be something nice there. Fingers crossed.

But holy hell . . . 29!!!
Right, they might work out great but looking at this assembled staff and if someone gave me the ages and I was to guess who they coached, I would say they were parents coaching a Pop Warner team

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If he’s this well respected and no in NFL circles is blinking at this hire at 29 I’m thinking there might be something nice there. Fingers crossed.

But holy hell . . . 29!!!

I know we are used to older ages in the NFL context and have seen a shift recently, but a lot of progress through science, innovation, literature, music or leaders such as MLK, the founding fathers during the Revolutionary War (and some war strategists) are found in youth, like 20's and 30's. Sometimes we forget that.

Certainly the same age could help football teans win games.

Last edited:

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Could our new crew be more white? Did we get the NFL interview process correct?

Reminds me of the time back in the 70s when I went for an interview for a job I really wanted. Two of the top people were doing the interview and said they wanted to hire me but to appear like they had met their minority quota they needed me to check one of the minority boxes on my application. I thanked them and left.

Never did tell them that I am part Native American and could have checked that. But they didn't suspect that and were just trying to cheat the system. Just didn't sit right with me! Always having to do the right thing cost me a lot in my lifetime. I could never just keep my mouth shut and go along with the program.

Everytime white males are hired people assume it must be because somebody is racist. Maybe the best 4 people for the job happened to be white? Color doesnt matter, hire the best people for any job and let the outside say whatever they want.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know we are used to older ages in the NFL context and have seen a shift recently, but a lot of progress through science, innovation, literature, music or leaders such as MLK, the founding fathers during the Revolutionary War (and some war strategists) are found in youth, like 20's and 30's. Sometimes we forget that.

Certainly the same age could help football teans win games.

John Madden was a head Coach at 32.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rallis will be inheriting a defense that gave up the second-most points per game in the NFL last season, was ranked 28th in third-down defense, 29th in red zone defense and 31st in goal-to-go defense. Arizona ranked 21st in total yards allowed per game and 22nd in yards per play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose