Cards hire Nick Rallis as DC

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am still waiting on position coaches, but I am curious to see what this staff does with Baker, Jalen, Simmons, Collins, Sanders and Cam Thomas. There are a lot of ways those players can be used (at least philosophically) and it will be interesting to see the direction the new staff goes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
To quote Gannon, "age does not equal knowledge"
true but, Age does equal experience!
Make no mistake, experience matters.
Time will tell but my money is on a new staff in year 4
Just tired of this organization trying to somehow beat the system by hiring this way. Anybody notice who won the super bowl and the coaching staff? How about getting experienced coaches and filling the roster with great players that work hard.Bidwill sure charges the season ticket holders enough to do this!!!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
To quote Gannon, "age does not equal knowledge"
true but, Age does equal experience!
Make no mistake, experience matters.
Time will tell but my money is on a new staff in year 4
Just tired of this organization trying to somehow beat the system by hiring this way. Anybody notice who won the super bowl and the coaching staff? How about getting experienced coaches and filling the roster with great players that work hard.Bidwill sure charges the season ticket holders enough to do this!!!
His quote, when asked about the age of the staff yesterday, was “Experience is not synonymous with knowledge.”

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His quote, when asked about the age of the staff yesterday, was “Experience is not synonymous with knowledge.”

Exactly. If you're not very good at your job then your experience is just of you not being very good. Time on the job does not equal more knowledge, especially if you're not open to learning.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
a very high level exec once tossed me this to ponder.

do you have 10 years experience? or do you have 2 years experience that you have repeated 5 times?

Its a concept that changed the way I interviewed. Because it makes perfect sense.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Gannon 40
Rallis is 29
Petzing 35
•••••••••••••••
104 combined years of age

Payton 59
Joseph 50
(No OC yet)
•••••••••••••••
109 combined years of age

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think we need to prep ourselves for some learning curve with this staff

not a Kliff like learning curve, but one regardless

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Throwing in Monti to the group and I'm also guessing they are the cheapest combo in the league as well.

Not expecting much but and hopeful that they all surprise me.
I don't think these numbers are public, so we might not ever know.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd say that's more an indictment of Bidwill than anything. Although I go back and forth. He did just waste a bunch of his money on Keim's and KK's extensions. Seems to be more cheap in certain areas than others.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Throwing in Monti to the group and I'm also guessing they are the cheapest combo in the league as well.

Not expecting much but and hopeful that they all surprise me.
probably a function of the dumpster fire the roster was in during the hiring process + an owner people dont trust

it selects for people willing to take on risk to get the job they want -- and those tend to be early in their career or those that realize that this will be their only shot