Cards hire Nick Rallis as DC

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The #Cardinals are hiring 29-year-old Nick Rallis as their defensive coordinator, per sources. Rallis — who starred at LB for Edina High School and the University of Minnesota — was on staff in Philly with Jonathan Gannon. He now becomes the NFL’s youngest coordinator.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Alrighty then. Never heard of Rallis but if Gannon is willing to ride with him it'll be a wait and see situation for me. Huge question though, who will be calling plays during the actual games? Because I suspect it'll be Gannon

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe he can get his brother to play LB for the Cards

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Undies looking kinda tight..

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Could our new crew be more white? Did we get the NFL interview process correct?

Reminds me of the time back in the 70s when I went for an interview for a job I really wanted. Two of the top people were doing the interview and said they wanted to hire me but to appear like they had met their minority quota they needed me to check one of the minority boxes on my application. I thanked them and left.

Never did tell them that I am part Native American and could have checked that. But they didn't suspect that and were just trying to cheat the system. Just didn't sit right with me! Always having to do the right thing cost me a lot in my lifetime. I could never just keep my mouth shut and go along with the program.

Tacticool Nerd

Veteran
Reaction score
Howard Balzer
@HBalzer721
·
Feb 14
Hearing Nick Rallis and Mike Zimmer could have spots on Jonathan Gannon's defensive staff. Rallis will be 30 in July. Five years as assistant with Vikings, last two as LB coach. He might be DC or assistant head coach/LBs with Zimmer possibly DC or senior defensive assistant.

Might possibly getting Zimmer afterall?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very pleased with the hire.

When was the last time we had a rising star at DC rather than a retread?
Don't jump to conclusions he is a rising star
Sometimes being in the perfect environment and having a nice relationship with some media people make your name greater then it really is
Let's see what he can do (with a bigger role) in Arizona first

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't jump to conclusions he is a rising star
Sometimes having a nice relationship with some media people and a good p&r staff around make your name greater then it really is
Let's see what he can do in Arizona first

Well people say he's considered the "McVay of defense" and several other teams tried to hire him. That sounds like a rising star.

But sure, he has to prove it.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score