Cards Hire Jonathan Gannon as New HC

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Ironically, I think JG is one of the bigger talkers I can remember in recent Cardinals head coaching history, lol. The guy talks like my overenthusiastic high school teachers, with a full arsenal of terms he likes to repeat (which Mikey B brought up in his intro presser).

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lot's of things about Gannon have impressed me so far but I think the thing I'm most impressed by is that he's took ownership of the Cardinals right away.

He's said a number of times "I want coaches who want to be Cardinals" or "Most important is that players want to be Cardinals".

It's feels like he's already fully invested in the team, like he's actually proud to be the HC here. I don't believe I've ever heard a Head Coach here say that before.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lot's of things about Gannon have impressed me so far but I think the thing I'm most impressed by is that he's took ownership of the Cardinals right away.

He's said a number of times "I want coaches who want to be Cardinals" or "Most important is that players want to be Cardinals".

It's feels like he's already fully invested in the team, like he's actually proud to be the HC here. I don't believe I've ever heard a Head Coach here say that before.
Talk is cheap. What makes me optimistic is that the keys the castle have been fully turned over to Monti and Gannon. No major coordinators forced on them. Fresh start, up and down the front office and sideline. That’s a major change for the first time in 5 years and exactly what I wanted from a conception standpoint.

Now, remains to be seen if the execution of this plan works, but the plan itself is a breath of fresh air… and minds.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

That’s “permission to play” stuff. I don’t give any coach credit for that.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to smile at this one.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Funny I did the same thing with that picture when it first came out but it was so small on my screen it was really hard to see the detail in the faces and my eyes are getting really old.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I thought the criticism (especially from fans on this forum) of this speech was ridiculous. Sure he's a bit goofy, but look at how the players are playing. Dan Campbell is goofy as well.
The editing they did on the video does him no favors as well. JG says something, "ok now lets show a 1-2 second clip of Budda with a blank stare on his face". Another JG quip. "OK now over to Conner looking confused. Perfect!"

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coach Pew Pew Pew has millionaires wanting to run through walls for him.

This was my hope. He is awkward af, but he also exudes leadership and player respect...not pals...respect. I didn't know if it would work but his coaching leadership philosophy is sound. He gave a TC interview where he sounded like Phil Jackson and I hoped..hoped...he could walk the walk. Looks like he is.

I love our HC and GM.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This was my hope. He is awkward af, but he also exudes leadership and player respect...not pals...respect. I didn't know if it would work but his coaching leadership philosophy is sound. He gave a TC interview where he sounded like Phil Jackson and I hoped..hoped...he could walk the walk. Looks like he is.

I love our HC and GM.
I know you've been posting somewhat recently, but holy hell dude. You've basically taken a 5-year hiatus and I'm still just over half of your posts, and I'm like here every day! Lol. :thud:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I love our HC and GM.
The belief this team had in itself from the first play of the season and the resilience it’s shown over the last three weeks are a testament to guys buying in.

Considering what the overwhelming majority of the football world thought of this team coming into the season, that is a MASSIVE feather in Gannon’s cap as he starts his career as captain of the ship.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you've been posting somewhat recently, but holy hell dude. You've basically taken a 5-year hiatus and I'm still just over half of your posts, and I'm like here every day! Lol. :thud:
And then there's this guy between my posts. I can't even.......

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose