Cards Hire Jonathan Gannon as New HC

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I thought the criticism (especially from fans on this forum) of this speech was ridiculous. Sure he's a bit goofy, but look at how the players are playing. Dan Campbell is goofy as well.
Primary difference is Campbell looks like he could/would rip your head off and use it as a volleyball.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
again, the "what did you drive here today" speech is a much longer one than this 45 second clip and is fairly common... Not sure why the Cardinals cropped it like that, maybe they think the goofy coach sells (which it kind of does)

But anyways, the whole speech highlights how SOME players roll into work in $300,000 vehicles and half ass the day.

Meanwhile, there are effing grinders out there in the general public (single mothers, immigrants, etc) who wake up at 4:30 to ride the city bus to jobs that pay them pennies.

You better roll into an NFL facility with some fire in your gut

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gannon does appear to be a goof at times but is dead serious on the sideline during games….I was afraid he would jump around like Pete Carrol. I like how he handles himself….He knows lots of work to do.

Same.

And I love that he has none of that “deer in headlights” look that Dingsbury seemingly ALWAYS had on his face.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gannon does appear to be a goof at times but is dead serious on the sideline during games….I was afraid he would jump around like Pete Carrol. I like how he handles himself….He knows lots of work to do.

I don't really get the goof thing. That really all comes from the pew, per, pew video. He was just excited, big day for him.

Dudes a 40 year old Dad, he's not trying to be cool. He actually strikes me as a very serious, laser focused guy in everything since that video.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't really get the goof thing. That really all comes from the pew, per, pew video. He was just excited, big day for him.

Dudes a 40 year old Dad, he's not trying to be cool. He actually strikes me as a very serious, laser focused guy in everything since that video.
Seemed to be far too rah rah to me at first but once the season started he is dead serious. Has nothing to do with him being a Dad or 40 years old. Petey Carroll in his seventies and runs around like a nut.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seemed to be far too rah rah to me at first but once the season started he is dead serious. Has nothing to do with him being a Dad or 40 years old. Petey Carroll in his seventies and runs around like a nut.
Totally agree. I said early on the rah rah stuff would get real tired as losses piled up.
Now, I love his demeanor. He seems unfazed and emotionally detached during the game.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think that's still there. Rallis said yesterday that he's a very upbeat guy during the week but on game day he's in a different mode.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I live in Eagle country & my daughter is a diehard fan. Consequently, I am forced to watch them every week. JG is emotional yes, but very stoic on the sideline. It drove Eagles fans to the brink of insanity that while the Chiefs rallied to beat the Eagles in the SB, that he, Siriani, and staff remained stoic on the sideline. They would have preferred more emotion down the stretch. But Eagles fans are complete a-holes (my daughter excluded), so I’m not surprised.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Ask Kliff what happens when you constantly point the finger at yourself. There is a balance with holding others accountable and falling on the sword as a coach.
Praise in public, coach in private.

As long as Gannon is coaching his coaches, then it's all good. He doesn't need, nor should he, publicly call them out specifically.