Cards Hire Jonathan Gannon as New HC

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
30+ points given up in the Super Bowl ....

I'll hope for the best, but when any defense gives up 30 points in ANY game they were out coached, out witted, and their defense was a joke to the other teams offensive coordinator.

He's also never been a head coach at ANY level

Sean Payton vs. Gannon will be a thread to run for awhile

Don't you find it strange how the team that LOST the Super Bowl had both coordinators taken and the team that won the Super Bowl had none taken?
I mean we could’ve hired Lou who shut down high octanes offenses and did half-time adjustments but who am I kidding

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
so, at the beginning of this process --the fear was we would get Adrian Wilson as GM and Vance as the HC.

Instead: we got the total reset everyone wanted.

i guess thats progress

looking forward to the staff announcements
Well, we got a total reset, but it's obviously not who everyone wanted. lol I'm good with it, however.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
We have the best head coach of all the new hires. He has 15 years of NFL experience in coaching and scouting. He was a three sport Athlete in high school with state championships in basketball and track. The other teams went with inexperienced coordinators or old, washup head coaches. Especially Denver they have an over the hill QB and an over rated head coach that they are big money. How can you fire a HC who is making $20M a year. They are doomed for the next five years. MB is a genius. The Cardinals will be the team of the decade.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, it seems like everyone is making a big deal about Gannon not making changes at halftime in the super bowl. But, why should he have? I think the Chiefs scored only one offensive touchdown in the first half and was behind by a touchdown or so.

So, what changes should he have made at halftime? Tell me.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Wasnt Matt Patricia a legit rocket scientist??
Got his degree, but I don't think ever became one. I think Albright's point was the staff, not just one person.

Before becoming an NFL coach, Patricia was on a path to become a rocket scientist. He majored in aeronautical engineering at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in New York.Feb 5, 2018

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I am very positive about this hire.

Firstly: I have no clue who this guy is, and that's a good thing. Love the fact it's a win for the D. I am tired of seeing our weak D year after year.

Secondly: I think it means whoever our OC is that he will be given full control and be free to concentrate and give full attention to just that side of the ball. Will be waiting anxiously to see who that is and how he handles our QB and uses his talent.

Thirdly: Looks like our new HC will be happy if we stay put at #3 and take either of the two top draft prospects. That alone should improve our D, however there will be no reason we can't get starters at both DT and Edge Rusher both with our 2 top picks. That would be huge and really give our HC something he will like to work with right out of the gate.

Fourthly: If picks 1 & 2 are D like above, then we can give our OC the rest of the draft to get the O in better shape, especially the OL.

Our Big Board can now start coming into fruition. Woopie!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson