Cards hire Drew Petzing as their OC

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is where you bring in someone like Tom Moore or Norv Turner. I know Moore is done, but someone like him. Make them QB Coach/Senior Offensive Assistant. If you could make a position for Jim Bob ******, I think that could be a good get, too.
Jim Bob was a hot commodity a few years ago, sort of like the guy from Philly who's name escapes me. Di(something) I think. He just fell off the map quickly.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Jim Bob was a hot commodity a few years ago, sort of like the guy from Philly who's name escapes me. Di(something) I think. He just fell off the map quickly.
He got stuck with Patricia in Detroit, didn't he?

Di Fillipo is the other guy your thinking of. Didn't some on this board clamor for him when KK was hired?

Reactions: TRW

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Interesting. That is the one thing I have picked up from all the videos/interviews of Gannon and Rallis - its all about teaching/developing players.
I'm not saying that they don't teach, they just don't teach as much as you would think. The run through drills and try to correct deficiencies, but they don't have a ton of time to work with players much one-on-one. Most of player development in the NFL is personal development.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah, this hiring is the first during this cycle that gives me a little hesitation. There is no indication he knows how to build game plans, I don’t think he has done much play calling if any. Doesn’t mean it can’t work but not digging this one and the alternative didn’t need to be some sort 60 year old retread. I feel like they could have found a more suitable OC
There is no indication that he doesn't know how to build game plans.

I would much rather Gannon hire his staff than the alternative...Michael and Monti hiring guys that might not work well on Gannon's staff.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no indication that he doesn't know how to build game plans.

I would much rather Gannon hire his staff than the alternative...Michael and Monti hiring guys that might not work well on Gannon's staff.
That was part of the dysfunction of the front office

Forcing asst coaches on the HC

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was thinking Brisset was likely the stop gap QB next year. Now I think he’s close to a lock if he’s a FA.

As far as the hiring, doesn’t excite, doesn’t piss me off. Just kind meh like the other coaching decisions. At the very least tho, at least they’re giving the new HC the ability to build his own staff for the first time in 3 coaches over 5 years.

Last edited:

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Going with the youngest coaching staff in the league. Seems very boom or bust.
Let's say you're right. What if we had the oldest staff in the league...you would then say......????
It's a crap shoot in many ways. At this point it appears as if the procedure is unique to this organization so let's
see how they do.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Let's say you're right. What if we had the oldest staff in the league...you would then say......????
It's a crap shoot in many ways. At this point it appears as if the procedure is unique to this organization so let's
see how they do.
I’m willing to guess Arians had the oldest staff in the league when here.
That worked out pretty well.

Let’s hope the opposite does too.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m willing to guess Arians had the oldest staff in the league when here.
That worked out pretty well.

Let’s hope the opposite does too.
Agree! We are going to get a taste of what is to come during the draft and the comments of those in charge...." we know xyz appears undersized....."
"just because he came from a division 3 school don't underestimate how good he is" "he played all over as a db, but we think he might be a great S lb"
Sound sort of famiiar? NEVER LET YOUR EYES DECEIVE YOU!!!!

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Maybe Petzing will be like a lot of Rock bands who hit it out of the park with their first album because they worked on those songs for years.

"Ramones", "The Doors", "Appetite for Destruction", "Dirty Honey" etc etc etc.
The best hit it out of the park with their first album ever is Boston!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard