Cards hire Drew Petzing as their OC

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
They are going with the good ole boy hires. People who worked with Gannon. Nepotism hires.

Would you prefer another Kliff situation where Vance Joseph was chosen for him? That worked out well.

It is good Gannon is the one deciding who is on the staff. Any success or failure will ultimately be on him.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
For me all these hires will have more meaning after we see who we draft for them to work with and the direction they are leaning towards and areas they feel need fixing first.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Just like you can’t tell anyone that he is. We don’t personally know either of them. People need to take their woke glasses off and get real.
If you can't tell that EB has more experience than Pelzig...that's on you.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He was a QB Coach. QB Coaches very much work in creating game plans.

He's tutored under Kevin Stefanski who is known to be a pretty sharp offensive mind.
Not really, not now. He has one of the best running teams in football and guess what he kept refusing to do? Run the football. At the moment he appears to be more of the "wants to run his own system regardless of what kind of team he has" kind of offensive mind.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
No, you were.

Again, if you can't see that a guy who has been to the playoffs 9/10 years, to the super bowl 3 out of the last 5 years (as "OC"), and has been around one of the best offensive minds/teams over the past decade is more qualified than Pelzig or McCoy, then your just being obstinate. Which is fine...you have a different agenda.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think we should all give our opinions (knowing they are merely just opinions at the lowest denominator as fans, but no worse or better than actually some in the media) but we really do not know with confidence (enough to say this guy is great or sucks). What is really freaking me out is the age of our coaching staff. Forget experience, what do players still playing who have achieved more react when everything is not going all rosy and someone who just a few years ago was not good enough to still be playing is telling them what to do? That my friends is my ('my' meaning take that then with a grain of salt but that is pure sea salt lol) concern. I really hope we get Bissett and win a few games early so this coaching staff gets some respect from players not far removed from them... even if they are good, they need a chance to be successful :raccoon:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, if you can't see that a guy who has been to the playoffs 9/10 years, to the super bowl 3 out of the last 5 years (as "OC"), and has been around one of the best offensive minds/teams over the past decade is more qualified than Pelzig or McCoy, then your just being obstinate. Which is fine...you have a different agenda.
Why can’t you just say what you really mean so I can dispute you actual issue here?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we should all give our opinions (knowing they are merely just opinions at the lowest denominator as fans, but no worse or better than actually some in the media) but we really do not know with confidence (enough to say this guy is great or sucks). What is really freaking me out is the age of our coaching staff. Forget experience, what do players still playing who have achieved more react when everything is not going all rosy and someone who just a few years ago was not good enough to still be playing is telling them what to do? That my friends is my ('my' meaning take that then with a grain of salt but that is pure sea salt lol) concern. I really hope we get Bissett and win a few games early so this coaching staff gets some respect from players not far removed from them... even if they are good, they need a chance to be successful :raccoon:
If these coaches show smarts the will win over the roster.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The gymnastics being done in this thread are pretty funny. Everyone saying the staff will be key for these first time HCs and then Gannon brings in a bunch of dudes who have very little expertise in doing the jobs they had and no experience in the job they will be doing. GM, HC, OC, and DC all in their roles for the first time. We think they are going to have time to teach when they are trying to figure their own stuff out? Kyler struggled with Kliff’s play calling and Kliff called plays his entire coaching career. We think Kyler is going to have no issues here? We will see but seems silly to think this group is not going to have some major growing pains.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The gymnastics being done in this thread are pretty funny. Everyone saying the staff will be key for these first time HCs and then Gannon brings in a bunch of dudes who have very little expertise in doing the jobs they had and no experience in the job they will be doing. GM, HC, OC, and DC all in their roles for the first time. We think they are going to have time to teach when they are trying to figure their own stuff out? Kyler struggled with Kliff’s play calling and Kliff called plays his entire coaching career. We think Kyler is going to have no issues here? We will see but seems silly to think this group is not going to have some major growing pains.
You are right. We should have kept VJ and McCoy.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Our offensive coordinator has been a QB coach for one season his entire coaching career and didn’t play football at all in college. His most experience is as a TE coach two years in Cleveland. He has never called plays…ever. What point of reference does anyone have that he can offer Kyler anything in terms of knowledge or fundamentals or play scheming?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kliff struggled and he was a college QB, NFL backup, played QB in the Canadian league and had 9 years experience calling plays…and again, he still struggled and even that experience was not enough for Kyler to listen to him.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Kliff struggled and he was a college QB, NFL backup, played QB in the Canadian league and had 9 years experience calling plays…and again, he still struggled and even that experience was not enough for Kyler to listen to him.
Here's the difference...Kliff struggled because he had all the other game day and sideline duties, in addition to calling plays. New guy just had to call plays...Gannon will be the 10k view game day and sideline guy, making sure the machine chugs along.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn