Cards get Adrian Peterson in trade with New Orleans

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Seems a majority of the people saying this are the same ones that were saying CJ2K had to be better than Ellington. We need to re sign him and everything would be fine with him toting the rock and he wasn't washed up yet etcetera etcetera

They have a dangerous thing called hope. There is no hope to this season, he went down week 1.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So Keim should just quit and mail in the rest of the season?
For a shot at a QB next year. Yeah. This isn't even a bandaid. It's a dirty bandaid a homeless person found in a gutter to put over an oozing, two week old, maggot-filled wound.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

no... by all means, cutting off your nose to spite your face is a great way to keep going this year.

"Who cares about late round picks? Keim can't make them anyway!" Has to be the most laughable argument I've seen yet. If Keim can't make picks, he shouldn't be our GM and if that's the case, he shouldn't be making decisions that will hamstring our next GM, no matter how big or small.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What does it hurt to trade one our three 6th round picks for 2 years of AP on a tiny contract? People here are complaining just to complain. AP isn't going to make this team suddenly good and nobody has claimed that he will. I'd rather watch a washed up AP get 15 carries than a washed up CJ though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does it hurt to trade one our three 6th round picks for 2 years of AP on a tiny contract? People here are complaining just to complain. AP isn't going to make this team suddenly good and nobody has claimed that he will. I'd rather watch a washed up AP get 15 carries than a washed up CJ though.

if he isn't going to make this team suddenly good, why would you give up ANYTHING for him? Rather watching AP than CJ just isn't reason to give up future assets... when we'll probably need all we can use when we're somehow just not awful enough to get a crack at a top QB... again.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently that’s what some so called fans prefer.

Trolling. Sue us "so-called fans" if we ain't fond of trading away future assets for no reason whatsoever, doing nothing for the team in the present and hurting it in the future. What terrible fans we are for not wanting to continue to suck past this season. Oh the horror!!!!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
75% of fans on this thread be like:

You must be registered for see images

Some people need to lighten up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

why not? That's what he did in the off-season.... you know, when he just completely ignored the D-Line, O-line, CB spot and WR spots, while sitting on cap space after only adding a bunch of old men at dirt cheap prices. Hell... looks like he's just doing the exact same thing today...only now he's giving up assets in the process.

Yippeeee!!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
at least the board feels like the board again for a day or two, because this place (much like the team) had gotten BOOOOOOOOOOORING!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
everyone keeps talking about a 6th round pick....was that confirmed somewhere?? All I saw was a "Conditional" pick.... hell,...maybe its a 2nd if he does well and a third if he suxx??

conditional picks are unknowns at this point aint they?

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
75% of fans on this thread be like:

You must be registered for see images attach

Some people need to lighten up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're saying we are typical long time Cardinal fans ?

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
It might not be the only trade they make. Lets see where this goes. The west isn't nearly as strong as in the past. Tampa and the Rams games are the biggest question for right now. We'll know more if we can pull those out. If not the season is definitely sunk, imo.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For people against this move, what would you suggest the Cards should have done? Stay status quo and keep running CJ, Penny, and Ellington out there with no chance for success?

Why not try this out and see what happens? Most things I've read so far like the move for the Cards. It MAY not work out but we know what was back there DID/HAS not worked out.

Wasn't there just about the longest thread in the board history excited about AP last(2016) off season?

At this point - tank. They have zero hope of success, that last game confirmed it.

All they are doing is ensuring we don't get a chance to draft one of the top qbs.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
everyone keeps talking about a 6th round pick....was that confirmed somewhere?? All I saw was a "Conditional" pick.... hell,...maybe its a 2nd if he does well and a third if he suxx??

conditional picks are unknowns at this point aint they?
Well, the Adrian Peterson era didn't last long in New Orleans. After four games and 81 rushing yards, the Saints have shipped off the free-agent signing to the Cardinals in exchange for a 2018 conditional sixth-round pick.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...dinals-worth-low-risk-desperate-team-2017-nfl

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't see it "saving" the season or anything else. They traded a 114 yard (so far) RB, disgustingly representing their LEADING rusher for an 81 yard RB in much more limited use. For relative peanuts.

I don't know that AP will "inspire" the O-Line to resembling the Hogs, I don't know if he will bring anything at all, but he can't be much worse than CJ2K has been. I would take the chance of a HOF RB being a smidge better.

No risk it...oh hell...never mind.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It might not be the only trade they make. Lets see where this goes. The west isn't nearly as strong as in the past. Tampa and the Rams games are the biggest question for right now. We'll know more if we can pull those out. If not the season is definitely sunk, imo.
I hear we're working out a deal with Shady Acres for Vinny Testeverde!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort