Cards-42 Lions-17: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great bounce back win after a tough loss and to add the cherry to the sundae, both the Rams and Seahawks lost giving us a 2 game advantage in the division with some tough games on the horizon.

The Good

Big Win On The Road-And another 40 spot. I've been a fan of this team since 1975 and the most 40+ point games we've ever had in any given season is 2. And that's the entire season. We're 5 games in and we've already rung up 40 burger's(kudos to whoever used this term in the game day thread). This means this is the most prolific offense this franchise has ever had, so far.

Carson Palmer-He only threw for 161 yards but he only missed with 3 passes and had 3 TD passes.

Chris Johnson-Another 100 yard game for the old timer.

David Johnson-2 TD's for the young timer.

Andre Ellington-Nothing says welcome back like a 63 yard nail in the coffin run.

Rushing Offense-191 rushing yards. Been a long time since we've seen this kind of rushing production.

Defense-6 turnovers and kept Megatron in check. Can't ask for more than that. Also, Detroit had 70 passing attempts setting an NFL record and only managed 17 points, 10 of those in garbage time.

The Bad

Injuries-Looked like Demens, Clemons, and Okefor went off with injuries and judging by the injury thread, all 3 might be season ending. That would be a big blow to an already depleted and weak LB corp. I saw Bucannon go off with appeared to be a shoulder stinger but I think I saw him come back into the game.

Drew Butler-Can he go 1 game without a punting snafu? Well, could be worse. We could have Brandon Fields. Oy, this guy makes Butler look like Ray Guy.

Pass Rush-This is the only thing that scares me about this defense. This has been an issue for a few seasons now. We need a pass rush plain and simple. Thank God Stafford thought he was a Cardinal today or this game could have turned another direction.

The Ugly

No real ugly's about this game. However, I was at the Philly/New Orleans game and man are the Saints horrible.

That's it for now.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rashad Johnson may be DPOW with 2 picks and a fumble recovery. Him and Jefferson always seem to be around the ball.

What a secondary!

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good: Offense. Defense.

Bad: First two drives had me scared, but talent and execution won out.

Ugly: I don't know. I feel bad for Lions fans. I know how hard it is.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good: Offense. Defense.

Bad: First two drives had me scared, but talent and execution won out.

Ugly: I don't know. I feel bad for Lions fans. I know how hard it is.

Yeah, my little brother is a Lions fan... I told him I was sorry but I couldn't help him root for them today. Now they can both beat Green Bay for us. Go Lions.....not holding out a ton of hope for that though.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple of false start and holding penalties that used to be drive killers but we overcame them so there's good and bad in that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, Sunday night is so much better after a W.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
And now the whiners lost too, what a day!

That makes wins against the Lions 4 straight years and 7 wins in a row dating to 2006.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn