Cardinals were interested in a DT. He has signed somewhere else

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Looks like we are going with the Soviet model for the defensive line. Throw ridiculous amounts of bodies at the enemy till they eventually break.

Really like some of the lineman in the draft and wouldn't be upset if they added 2 more in the first 3 rounds.
You must be registered for see images attach

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Upgrades over guys off the street - YES, they're better, NO, they aren't even good NFL starters. They're questionable starter/rotation guys. I don't know why this is so hard for people here to accept.
I think Jonah Williams DL is better than the dreck they had last year and if he's your 4th DT, then you have some depth.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This DL as currently constructed is all rotational guys. I'm not sure how good they are or how well they fit the scheme, but on paper they appear better than last year's group by a smidgen. What we need now is an anchor in the line that they guys rotate around and who will command double teams to free one of these other guys up. Hopefully we can get one in the draft.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
@ASUCHRIS don't get it twisted; the DL still lacks high end talent, but these guys are all credible NFL DL talents. Last year the Cardinals brought in Collier who is the epitomy of a below average DL, and Carlos Watkins who was merely average.

The Cardinals can roll with these guys and not reach for a DL in the draft now. That's one thing that I do believe is true: adding the players the did at the positions that were added means they don't have to pull a Tom Knight and draft a guy with a half a round lower grade just to fill a need.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This DL as currently constructed is all rotational guys. I'm not sure how good they are or how well they fit the scheme, but on paper they appear better than last year's group by a smidgen. What we need now is an anchor in the line that they guys rotate around and who will command double teams to free one of these other guys up. Hopefully we can get one in the draft.
I think they are markedly...because Roy Lopez was that bad. The DL was about as bad as I've ever seen from the Cardinals, probably 2003 level bad.

And not having Fotu is a huge plus. That dude proved without a shadow of a doubt that he is a bottom of the roster guy.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they are markedly...because Roy Lopez was that bad. The DL was about as bad as I've ever seen from the Cardinals, probably 2003 level bad.

And not having Fotu is a huge plus. That dude proved without a shadow of a doubt that he is a bottom of the roster guy.
They could be a lot better. I'm just being cautious with so many new pieces.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
@ASUCHRIS don't get it twisted; the DL still lacks high end talent, but these guys are all credible NFL DL talents. Last year the Cardinals brought in Collier who is the epitomy of a below average DL, and Carlos Watkins who was merely average.

The Cardinals can roll with these guys and not reach for a DL in the draft now. That's one thing that I do believe is true: adding the players the did at the positions that were added means they don't have to pull a Tom Knight and draft a guy with a half a round lower grade just to fill a need.
Signing 4 DT in FA means you're done, though, especially as they have DS on the roster. We aren't taking a high-end DT in the draft now so we're pretty much set on mediocrity being the height of ambition at the position.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Signing 4 DT in FA means you're done, though, especially as they have DS on the roster. We aren't taking a high-end DT in the draft now so we're pretty much set on mediocrity being the height of ambition at the position.
Just found a mock that had us taking DT Braden Fiskeat 27. The mock was done today.

6'5" 300lbs and he's 24.

Byron Murphy in another from today. While he's only 6'1", he's a dumpster truck.

I think 27 and 35 will be a combination of CB, EDGE and DT. It'll all depend on who is there.

Last edited:

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Looks like we are going with the Soviet model for the defensive line. Throw ridiculous amounts of bodies at the enemy till they eventually break.

Really like some of the lineman in the draft and wouldn't be upset if they added 2 more in the first 3 rounds.
They could be a lot better. I'm just being cautious with so many new pieces.
I want Bobby boucher

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson