Cardinals vs Steelers Greatest Super Bowl of all time (VOTE!)

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why the hell would a cardinals can vote for this??? We lost and got absolutely hosed the the refs, ie the league. Gtfoh.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
When they were talking about it on NFLN even Charley Casserly was saying the Cards got screwed by the calls. He specifically mentionen the non-clipping call on Harrison's INT return.

I didn't vote either.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As hard as it is to watch, I still watch because we were in the SB, something I'd never think would happen in my lifetime. And I just lump this in with the rest of the championship losses by my favorite teams:

76ers-1977,1980,1982,2001

Phillies-1983,1993,2009

Flyers-1976,1980,1985,1987,1997,2010

Cards-2008

Must be nice to bee a Yankee or Boston fan.

Reaction score
Just watched the replay of SB XLIII this weekend. . . Of course, that game always ends with the clock at 2:37.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Looking back I am glad we lost this game. We win this game, and I don't think the culture change is a extreme and thorough as we have seen here since dumping Whiz and Graves and bringing in BASK.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As hard as it is to watch, I still watch because we were in the SB, something I'd never think would happen in my lifetime. And I just lump this in with the rest of the championship losses by my favorite teams:

76ers-1977,1980,1982,2001

Phillies-1983,1993,2009

Flyers-1976,1980,1985,1987,1997,2010

Cards-2008

Must be nice to bee a Yankee or Boston fan.

Did a representative of the Philadelphia Eagles piss in your Wheaties as a kid or something? :shrug: :D

Also - does anyone in New Jersey actually pull for the New Jersey teams...ever? :shrug:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did a representative of the Philadelphia Eagles piss in your Wheaties as a kid or something? :shrug: :D

Also - does anyone in New Jersey actually pull for the New Jersey teams...ever? :shrug:

Question #1: When I was getting into football, the Eagles were dreadful and kids around my age became Dolphin fans because of the undefeated season. I bought into the hype before proclaiming that I was going to pick a team at random and lo and behold, the St. Louis Cardinals were in 1st place so like every other 10 year old, I picked them as my team. The rest, as they say, is history.

Question #2: NJ is cut in two just below Trenton. North of that line is North Jersey who tend to root for NY teams and south of that line is South Jersey who tend to root for Philly teams(Delaware too). As for actual NJ teams, there are only the Devils but by the time they began play, everyone in my area were ingrained as Flyers fans especially considering how the entire area fell in love with the franchise after their mid 70's Cup run and how that team made themselves a part of the area. Some of those players still live in South Jersey(mostly in Cherry Hill/Marlton area). I used to stop at Bob Kelly's liquor store in Deptford when I worked in that area. Anyhoo, we lump those teams(Devils, Nets when they were here but are now in Brooklyn) and especially the Giants and Jets who still call themselves NY even though it was Jersey tax dollars that built their stadiums, into NY. There are a few Devils trolls down here but they're bandwagon jumpers because of their Cup run.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
suxx we lost that game.

but purely as a football fan ....IMO it is definitely one of the best SB's ever played,....and quite possibly the best....it was an awesome game, very exciting.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lame that people wouldn't vote. Its clearly one of the best SB's ever played win or lose. People have been crying for years that the Cards get zero respect nationwide. Now you have the chance to be voted as playing in the best SB in history and having our team be forever labeled in that manner… Thats some high praise especially considering where tho franchise has been and where it came from… You all need to grow a pair and man up :)

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Still can't watch that game but if I had to vote on it I would vote that it's the worst Super Bowl of all time.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
LMAO, THE FANS VOTED THIS YEAR's SUPERBOWL AS THE GREATEST EVER...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose