Cardinals Sign Cornerback Michael Ojemudia

OP
OP
Goodyear Card

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
Today is my day to ask questions. What is a futures contract?
An NFL futures contract is essentially exactly what it says it is. It is a contract that secures an NFL player to a team for the future. The reason it is designated as a “futures contract” is that the player is not officially under contract until the start of the following league season.

The reason that differentiation is important is that the player’s contract does not count against the salary cap or the roster limit for the current season. Instead, it is credited against the following year’s salary cap, and the player counts against the offseason 90-man roster limit.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
might be a scheme fit...I dont follow the other teams he was on enough to know why he couldnt get back on the field. But dude was a third round pick and is in his prime....worth looking at during camp for sure.
As I had said, nice pickup. Third round pick that needs an opportunity to play. Low cost. We did have the most rookie plays on the field last year. It seems, finding those who can contribute to scheme is a high priority for this team’s management.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson