Cardinals looking to trade Hopkins in offseason

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Kirk - how could one team see such high value in a player that another team sees practically none. Are the Cards really that blind to all things football? It is continually as if they don't have a clue. Bidwill is simply in the wrong business. Maybe he should be selling Lottery tickets. That is a sure money maker. Do anything else, just get out of the football business.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kirk - how could one team see such high value in a player that another team sees practically none. Are the Cards really that blind to all things football? It is continually as if they don't have a clue. Bidwill is simply in the wrong business. Maybe he should be selling Lottery tickets. That is a sure money maker. Do anything else, just get out of the football business.
The Cardinals saw PLENTY of value in Kirk. But, Jacksonville was willing to overpay in a BIG BIG way for him. I think Murray missed Kirk far more than anyone expected, especially since all our WR’s & TE’s were either suspended or injured.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
The Cardinals saw PLENTY of value in Kirk. But, Jacksonville was willing to overpay in a BIG BIG way for him. I think Murray missed Kirk far more than anyone expected, especially since all our WR’s & TE’s were either suspended or injured.
Do you still think they over valued or over paid him?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd rather DHOP stay.
It’ll depend on what HOP wants. If he doesn’t want to be a team player, the Cardinals will trade him to add to their draft. The Cardinals have to almost completely rebuild their lines on both sides of the ball if they want to create a team that can consistently be a playoff threat. Their ineptitude has already wasted 4 years of Murray. I guarantee that the new GM will start in the trenches.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I am all for trading Hop.
Kyler likely wont play until december...truth is, pending PT results if I were coach I might not even play him then. Let him heal and get past the psyche block that always comes with knees.

Hop is over 30...my best guess is he has 4 productive years left and we would be wasting one of them. why?? To pad stats for a backup qb?

he should draw a 1st or maybe 2 seconds...

if I were trading him though I would be focusing more on 2024 picks.... the biggest suck about the entire deal is there are not any big WR's worth a high pick in this draft. which means we have to rent a guy.
This year...Maybe Jordan Addison from USC with 34? he is 6'2 and productive

I mean why waste the guy in a season we already know is bust. get value, turn it into assets that will help us for the next 5 years or more.
even if we only get a 2, we had him a few years and got back what we paid for him....thats good business, unless you think david johnson going in that trade actually added value from our side? BoB did us a favor with that one.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Kyler wasn't injured, no. Next year is transition year.

Otherwise, it's better a year early than a year late.

Assuming we get decent capital.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I'd much rather keep him.

But if that isn't possible I'd focus on the AFC. I'd ask for a one but settle for a couple of twos.

Most likely trade partners IMO are NE, Cleveland and Tennessee with Pittsburgh a dark horse. If the Steelers are interested I'd want a 2 or 3 and Trubisky. For NE, this year's 2 and a conditional 2024 two based on playing time and/or performance. If the condition(s) aren't met it drops to a 2024 third. I doubt if Cleveland has the draft ammo but reuniting DHop with Watson would a coup for the Brownies.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, one thing is known; Dhop has a no-trade clause. As such, he and the team will have to put together a list of teams he's willing to join and who, in turn, are amenable to redoing his contract so he can get more guaranteed money. All this will impact the compensation the Cards receive in return.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over and over we have seen Kiem overvalue, undervalue, draft player and then play them in a different position.
Reddick. Played him inside. We see where he should have been playing.
Kirk. Played him outside. Should have been slot. But instead we trade for Hopkins and Draft Moore.
Kyler. Signed him to an extension 1 year too soon based on potential.

We could have signed Murphy and Allen at a bargain price last year. Instead we will overpay or watch them walk away.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Over and over we have seen Kiem overvalue, undervalue, draft player and then play them in a different position.
Reddick. Played him inside. We see where he should have been playing.
Kirk. Played him outside. Should have been slot. But instead we trade for Hopkins and Draft Moore.
Kyler. Signed him to an extension 1 year too soon based on potential.

We could have signed Murphy and Allen at a bargain price last year. Instead we will overpay or watch them walk away.
Was/is it really that simple? I am surely not one to answer that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd much rather keep him.

But if that isn't possible I'd focus on the AFC. I'd ask for a one but settle for a couple of twos.

Most likely trade partners IMO are NE, Cleveland and Tennessee with Pittsburgh a dark horse. If the Steelers are interested I'd want a 2 or 3 and Trubisky. For NE, this year's 2 and a conditional 2024 two based on playing time and/or performance. If the condition(s) aren't met it drops to a 2024 third. I doubt if Cleveland has the draft ammo but reuniting DHop with Watson would a coup for the Brownies.

I'm sure Cleveland can find a way to massage the draft to get enough picks.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Buffalo and Jacksonville are two teams who I could see making a run at Hopkins. The short term nature of his contract would be appealing to Jacksonville. KC may also be interested if they get bounced next week vs Cincy. I also would not rule out the Chargers.

Definitely an arms race in the AFC right now and Cincy's weapons on offense will have others looking to copy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Buffalo and Jacksonville are two teams who I could see making a run at Hopkins. The short term nature of his contract would be appealing to Jacksonville. KC may also be interested if they get bounced next week vs Cincy. I also would not rule out the Chargers.

Definitely an arms race in the AFC right now and Cincy's weapons on offense will have others looking to copy.

Jags have Calvin Ridley coming in.

I think Nuk wants someone who at least has a playoff shot so don't see teams like the Bears.

I think one of Pats, GB, Titans, Giants and Chiefs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose