Cardinals looking to trade Hopkins in offseason

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
How embarassing would it be to trade a first for a clown like Hollywood, then turn around and trade Baltimore a much better player for a first?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
How embarassing would it be to trade a first for a clown like Hollywood, then turn around and trade Baltimore a much better player for a first?
How is Hollywood a clown? Did he cause any problems this year? To me he came out playing really well, better than most expected...he had good chemistry with Murray...then he got hurt. And then Murray got hurt. I never heard or saw anything negative from him all year....no attention grabbing posts or comments. The 'worst' possible thing anyone can point to is he wished Kliff got a shot to come back with a healthy roster. That's it.

You may not like how he got on the team, but it's not his fault and I saw effort from him. Blame Keim for the trade, but don't call the kid a clown.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How is Hollywood a clown? Did he cause any problems this year? To me he came out playing really well, better than most expected...he had good chemistry with Murray...then he got hurt. And then Murray got hurt. I never heard or saw anything negative from him all year....no attention grabbing posts or comments. The 'worst' possible thing anyone can point to is he wished Kliff got a shot to come back with a healthy roster. That's it.

You may not like how he got on the team, but it's not his fault and I saw effort from him. Blame Keim for the trade, but don't call the kid a clown.

Don't let facts get in the way Ron.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

On radio, there seemed to be a lot of accounts of Hollywood looking “lost”, running the wrong pattern, not being on the same page as the QB and losing too many one on one battles. Maybe I’m wrong - just a perception

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On radio, there seemed to be a lot of accounts of Hollywood looking “lost”, running the wrong pattern, not being on the same page as the QB and losing too many one on one battles. Maybe I’m wrong - just a perception

This is crap just from that last game when Blough was throwing up prayers. They were just bad passes from Blough which is why he got benched. Kliff ain't benching him if they were actually on Hollywood.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
How is Hollywood a clown? Did he cause any problems this year?
Lol, are you serious here? In a contract year he was arrested for criminal speeding, and missed team meetings. If you are somehow unaware, here you go - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...wn-arrested-for-criminal-speeding-in-phoenix/
To me he came out playing really well, better than most expected...he had good chemistry with Murray...then he got hurt.
He was fine - made some nice plays, also had some huge drops. Then got hurt, which is a huge shock since he's 5'9 170 lbs.
Apparently you're more impressed by his arrest and blowing off meetings than I am (in a contract year, again)

Smart teams don't pay guys like Hollywood top money - that's why Baltimore happily took a first rounder off of our hands, and picked the guy we should have picked!

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Lol, are you serious here? In a contract year he was arrested for criminal speeding, and missed team meetings. If you are somehow unaware, here you go - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...wn-arrested-for-criminal-speeding-in-phoenix/

He was fine - made some nice plays, also had some huge drops. Then got hurt, which is a huge shock since he's 5'9 170 lbs.

Apparently you're more impressed by his arrest and blowing off meetings than I am (in a contract year, again)

Smart teams don't pay guys like Hollywood top money - that's why Baltimore happily took a first rounder off of our hands, and picked the guy we should have picked!
Hahaha…how many ASFN members have driven 85 on the 101? I sure have…and usually get passed by many other cars. Is speeding bad and possibly dangerous? Yes, but that’s hardly being a clown. When did he blow off meeting? Hopkins is the only one I recall missing anything.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

lol. He had a speeding charge which as far as I can tell went nowhere and never missed team meetings.

He did not have huge drops. He got poleaxed after catching the ball vs the Raiders and dropped a tough one later in the year while diving but otherwise has one of the lowest drop rates in the league. Better than receivers you would have on the team in a minute.

Through his 1st 6 games with Kyler he averaged 80 yards a game and 3 TD's and wa son track for 1400 yards and 9 TD's. Unsurprisingly his production dropped when he came back playing with McSorley and Blough.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Hahaha…how many ASFN members have driven 85 on the 101? I sure have…and usually get passed by many other cars. Is speeding bad and possibly dangerous? Yes, but that’s hardly being a clown. When did he blow off meeting? Hopkins is the only one I recall missing anything.
Dude, you don't get a criminal speeding for going 85.

"Brown was arrested at 7:05 a.m. heading southbound on Loop 101 driving in an HOV lane, according to DPS spokesman Bart Graves. Arizona Sports’ John Gambadoro confirmed that Brown registered at a speed of 126 miles per hour."

People were more than willing to give Collins crap about speeding like a maniac in a res neighborhood, but give Hollywood a pass at 126? You can barely see at 126 - it's incredibly reckless and dangerous, especially for someone trying to prove he's mature enough for a gigantic contract.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
He did not have huge drops. He got poleaxed after catching the ball vs the Raiders and dropped a tough one later in the year while diving but otherwise has one of the lowest drop rates in the league. Better than receivers you would have on the team in a minute.
If you want to be paid as a top receiver, you need to perform as one. Brown ain't it.
Through his 1st 6 games with Kyler he averaged 80 yards a game and 3 TD's and wa son track for 1400 yards and 9 TD's. Unsurprisingly his production dropped when he came back playing with McSorley and Blough.
Oooh, let's game out what happens if he had his best game, every game of the year! He got 14 and 140 against the Rams, so realistically he should have had 238 catches for 2380 yards!

67 catches, 709 yards, 3 TD's. A total bust for a first round pick.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

"Brown was arrested at 7:05 a.m. heading southbound on Loop 101 driving in an HOV lane, according to DPS spokesman Bart Graves. Arizona Sports’ John Gambadoro confirmed that Brown registered at a speed of 126 miles per hour."

People were more than willing to give Collins crap about speeding like a maniac in a res neighborhood, but give Hollywood a pass at 126? You can barely see at 126 - it's incredibly reckless and dangerous, especially for someone trying to prove he's mature enough for a gigantic contract.
I went off the article link you posted which just mentioned over 85...didn't state full MPH. Also, I hope you can see a difference between speeding in a residential neighborhood and Arizona's Audubon, known as the 101. Again, show me the meetings missed or any other public comments, posts, etc that damage his character. If you don't like him, fine, but the team is better with him than without him...same with Hop.

Also, when it comes to his worth, nobody with the team or his camp has said anything that I can find about how much he thinks he should get or his list of demands. It's all fan conjecture at this point...and at the end of the day, he's worth what the Mike or another owner is willing to pay for his services.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I went off the article link you posted which just mentioned over 85...didn't state full MPH.
Which is why I confirmed the difference - going a bit over 85 and 126 are in a different universe. One is mildly irresponsible, the other they'll arrest you. There is a reason for that.
Also, I hope you can see a difference between speeding in a residential neighborhood and Arizona's Audubon, known as the 101.
I'm as alarmed by Collins going 75 in a 35 as I am with someone going 126 on the 101. Both are incredibly stupid and reckless.
but the team is better with him than without him...same with Hop.
Are they? What if they commit 20m per year to him to put up middling numbers? Will they be better with him then?
It's all fan conjecture at this point...and at the end of the day, he's worth what the Mike or another owner is willing to pay for his services.
Good teams get rid of Hollywood Brown, and thank their lucky stars they get a 1st rounder in return. I'd rather have a 3rd rounder than to pay Hollywood Brown top 15 WR money. He'll never be that guy.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How hard can it be to run 10 yards and turn around.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I went off the article link you posted which just mentioned over 85...didn't state full MPH. Also, I hope you can see a difference between speeding in a residential neighborhood and Arizona's Audubon, known as the 101. Again, show me the meetings missed or any other public comments, posts, etc that damage his character. If you don't like him, fine, but the team is better with him than without him...same with Hop.

Also, when it comes to his worth, nobody with the team or his camp has said anything that I can find about how much he thinks he should get or his list of demands. It's all fan conjecture at this point...and at the end of the day, he's worth what the Mike or another owner is willing to pay for his services.

Imagine calling a player a clown because of a speeding ticket...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

He quit on two routes in the last game. One of which turned into an interception as a result. Don’t know that it makes him a clown, but certainly colors my impression of the guy as a teammate.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You can. Anything at or over 20MPH over the posted speed limit can get you criminal speeding. 101 has a posted limit of 65.

That doesn't excuse him going 126 though, that is reckless.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I think he didn’t start a game or has lower snow for missing. Meeting later in the season, no?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We do know one thing. He is going to get more than most people think he should, if last offseason is any indication.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just trade him for whatever we can get. If not them keep him. I mean our cap space is screwed anyways.
If VJ is our HC then what’s the point.
Just field a team and wait it out, its not like we will be competitive.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Adams went for a 1st+, possible he could go for similar. Otherwise at least two 2nd's

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hollywood is good, I don't think he is close to being as good as Hopkins currently is. I'm starting to doubt that he's as good as Christian Kirk.