Cardinals looking to trade Hopkins in offseason

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. no. no more Swiss Army Knife Gadget MacGyver approachs... I want a nice standard roster which can kick the crap out of the opponent with no bells or whistles required except for Murray who can scramble if need be when he comes back
Payton was the one who made him work. I approve the Hill as part of the package deal.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
And how has Adams worked out in that trade for the Raiders and even more so what one expects out of him from here on out. The waters have already changed in my opinion from last season, and I would be surprised if D-hop got more than a three
Don't move the goal post. You commented about the age of the player and I gave you the age of another player who was also traded and what it cost.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Trading DHop to NO as part of Sean Payton compensation is not feasible. Player trades are not official until start of new league year in March. A coach signing can't wait that long.

I also thought I read somewhere you can't do a player for coach trade anyway...could be off but I thought it was said.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
If that's the case, then you shouldn't be able to trade draft picks, either...They are basically players to be named later.

All I can find is that it can happen but it has never happened in NFL history thus far. I swear I read that the NFL did not allow it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Look! we need a new coach. A good one. We need a new team identity. A whole new franchise reboot. 1 #3 pick is cheap in hindsight if a Super Bowl, or multiples, are achieved after that! Honestly, when you think of the Steelers for example, a certain image of their teams pops in your head. When you think of the Cards, all I see are disorganized, undisciplined players in my mind. THIS is what needs changing. Even Kurt Warner in interviews says he don't know what this team is. He doesn't know their identity. We need that MORE than anything right now.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Someone explained that online recently regarding the June 1st date, whatever day the player is traded is the day his cap hit is worked out. If he is traded pre-draft and we get compensation in this years draft then you can't wait until June 1 to make it official.

Well, well, well, I just checked, and I believe you are right:

Pre June 1 trade: 2023 Dead Cap: $22,600,000 - 2023 Cap Savings: $8,150,000

Now can the Cards subsequently designate the $22m for the post-June first split is a question?

Until clarified, I'm going with the $8.1 saving.

We would actually save more 2023 Cap dollars by restructuring his $19.4m salary and thus saving $9.1m.

So...

Cap space today: $21,887,849

adds:

Trade Dhop: ($8.1m) = $30,037,649 - Restructure ($9.1) $31,030,349

Cut. R. Anderson ($12m) = $42,037,649 or $43,030,349

Additional Cap space can be acquired through a few restructures, Baker, DJ, Ertz, Connor, and a new contract for Hollywood.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Well, well, well, I just checked, and I believe you are right:

Pre June 1 trade: 2023 Dead Cap: $22,600,000 - 2023 Cap Savings: $8,150,000

Now can the Cards subsequently designate the $22m for the post-June first split is a question?

Until clarified, I'm going with the $8.1 saving.

We would actually save more 2023 Cap dollars by restructuring his $19.4m salary and thus saving $9.1m.

So...

Cap space today: $21,887,849

adds:

Trade Dhop: ($8.1m) = $30,037,649 - Restructure ($9.1) $31,030,349

Cut. R. Anderson ($12m) = $42,037,649 or $43,030,349

Additional Cap space can be acquired through a few restructures, Baker, DJ, Ertz, Connor, and a new contract for Hollywood.
Keep kicking that can!! :thumbup:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Because he'd be the replacement for Michael Thomas. They need that type of production.
They need a QB first. Can’t imagine Hopkins wanting to be at a place with Jameis and the Soulless Ginger airmailing him footballs

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sad to say, but he gone. He knows everything he needs to know about this team and organization, and he knows that he'll have better options elsewhere. Watt made the same decision, even when he could still play. Hell, Rodney Hudson and Pugh milked another year of salary out of the team as well. In the end, I really don't blame any of them. The Cards failed the players before the players failed them, as usual.

Nuk is ultimately all about himself - a brilliant performer but definitely an individual.

Near as I can tell, and it's not easy on twitter, that's not his twitter page. his twitter page is deandre hopkins, that is deandrehopkins with no space. It has that same pic but I don't think it's actually his page.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a screenshot of a tweet, not the actual tweet from Hopkins. If you go to his twitter, you won't find it. His last tweet was yesterday.

Yeah it's not his twitter page from what I can tell.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Near as I can tell, and it's not easy on twitter, that's not his twitter page. his twitter page is deandre hopkins, that is deandrehopkins with no space. It has that same pic but I don't think it's actually his page.

Cmon y’all.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cmon y’all.

That's not what was posted here though it was a screenshot that didn't say instagram. But it is instagram I just confirmed that.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
He gone. From a fan perspective it sucks. But from a personnel perspective it makes alot of sense to trade him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They need a QB first. Can’t imagine Hopkins wanting to be at a place with Jameis and the Soulless Ginger airmailing him footballs

They think they can get our first round pick for Payton, take the QB, and then get D Hop from us.

NO idea.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That's why he'd be a good fit wherever Aaron Rogers lands....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson