Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Here is another interesting tidbit connecting Aaron Glenn to the Cardinals: Apparently he knows Kyler Murray and Kyler’s family. Could Glenn be the father figure that brings out the best in Kyler?

This could end up being a great positive or a big negative.
Please. Our OL has sucked, plain & simple.

Just curious. Do you think Kyier deserves some criticism for the well below average QB play for a season+ now or is all the blame on Kliff, Keim, OL, injuries, weather, everyone else but the guy who got a huge contract, etc...?

While the OL hasn't always been good, it has often been serviceable enough. Plus we certainly brought in some talented receivers that Kyler wanted here. Other QBs making far less money than Kyler have dealt with terrible OL protection/injured starters but have performed better.

Let's pretend for a second that Kyler will have a top 5 OL going forward. Will he suddenly become amazing at reading defenses? Will he do a good job learning an entirely new offense which may require him to be in shotgun far less often? Speaking of studying, will the next opponent be more important than jumping on Twitch to stream Call of Duty?

If Kyler had been playing decently overall(albeit with some struggles) over the last season+, I would feel much more confident that getting new coaches and a more consistent OL will largely solve the problem. That hasn't been the reality though.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Kyler Murray already has a father figure - I swear man people say the wildest things online but anyways I think he just needs a Head Coach. One that won't only get in Kyler's ass but also try to earn his respect AND look out for him

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler Murray already has a father figure - I swear man people say the wildest things online but anyways I think he just needs a Head Coach. One that won't only get in Kyler's ass but also try to earn his respect AND look out for him

May not be the best way to earn Kyler's respect, but who knows, maybe he 'plays for the other team'. ;)

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And so Tony Pauline basic argument in a recent interview "Well coaches are going to want their own guys"

And then buried the lead the with "yea some dont want to work for Bidwill"

He didnt include that because it doesnt get the clicks. And as others here have noted the Cardinals can get out of Kyler's contract in 2024 or 2025.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry man but this just aint true.

It was poor year 1. It was top 20 in year 2 and year 3 and it was poor last year due to injuries.

Maybe @kerouac9 can pull up some DVOA stats.

PFF ranked the O line 12th in 2020 and 15th in 2021. And before anyone says "But PFF" they consistently ranked the Cardinals O line bottom 5 nearly every year since 2006 apart from a couple of years in the BA era.
Instead of relying on BS stats with the OL, go back and actually watch the OL. If not for Murray’s ability to make guys miss, our OL would have statistically looked a ton worse. All I’ve seen over 4 years are DL’s just pinning back their ears and our OL whiffing time and time again.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The only thing deep about this OL is the C. Just the C.

So you wanna give our rookie QB with absolutely no talent at WR & banking on Day 2 & 3 rookies to make it easier for him.

And then you want to add middling OL to an already extremely young & unproven Day 2 & 3 WRs for our young rookie QB.

You want Monti to basically be the Colts’ GM. Investing in middling OL & use Day 2 & 3 capital to cover up for it.

You want a burger. You want the hamburger buns, but without the actual hamburger meat. Your mentality is lining up with Keim’s despite you not wanting Monti be like Keim. You can’t win this way.
You can't claim the roster is awful and then complain about a plan that isn't able to address all of the issues in one offseason.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Replace more easily, perhaps. Upgrade? No guarantee based on those three elements. You could be QB purgatory in which the cards have dwelled in the past where all that mitigation and replacement netted garbage. At least kyler you know you’ve got that guy who through two and half years showed tremendous upside. Maybe he’s permanently broken, but if he isn’t that reload strategy is likely worse.
To me, the Cardinals are in QB purgatory right now.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
To me, the Cardinals are in QB purgatory right now.
I wouldn't say purgatory, but it is ambiguous. Just don't really have a concrete answer, either way. I wish Murray wasn't injured, so any questions about his play and ability to get better, with better coaching, could be answered, sooner rather than later.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Instead of relying on BS stats with the OL, go back and actually watch the OL. If not for Murray’s ability to make guys miss, our OL would have statistically looked a ton worse. All I’ve seen over 4 years are DL’s just pinning back their ears and our OL whiffing time and time again.
OR Kyler taking 11 yard pass drops and having terrible pocket awareness contributed to the problem as well.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can't claim the roster is awful and then complain about a plan that isn't able to address all of the issues in one offseason.
I can say it’s a bad one cause I literally seen it play out before.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
OR Kyler taking 11 yard pass drops and having terrible pocket awareness contributed to the problem as well.
The 11 yard drops came only because he had to escape DLinemen bearing down on him from every angle. Tough to have pocket awareness when all your OLinemen have whiffed & are already on the ground.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I can say it’s a bad one cause I literally seen it play out before.
You saw it play out under an incompetent GM in Ryan Grigson. Honestly, we saw it play out with Steve Keim. Maybe Monti will be equally incompetent but if that is where the argument starts then none of it really matters.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The 11 yard drops came only because he had to escape DLinemen bearing down on him from every angle. Tough to have pocket awareness when all your OLinemen have whiffed & are already on the ground.
Yeah you are so blinded by bias it is useless to try to remind you of what you have seen for 4 years. Say whatever ridiculous nonsense you want and someone else can waste their time on it.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You saw it play out under an incompetent GM in Ryan Grigson. Honestly, we saw it play out with Steve Keim. Maybe Monti will be equally incompetent but if that is where the argument starts then none of it really matters.
The common denominator seems like it’s a incompetent decision.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I was really thinking we could hear something today, kinda makes me wonder if we'll interview even more after the Super Bowl, both teams will be in town anyways lol but regardless, Monti sure is just keeping his Cards close to his vest

One narrative I didn't buy into today was the whole "coaches don't want to come here because Kyler is hurt and hard headed" BS

Look, that may very well have been the case with Sean Payton but if we're interviewing a whole lotta candidates it means there's a whole lotta candidates that'll take the job

Not only that but what if one of Monti's top choices is on the Chiefs or Eagles staff? Not like he'd just sit all stagnant for well over a month he'd still have to be productive and turn over every
stone

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose