Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure he's super-mad that he wasn't the guy stuck with Sam Bradford and Josh Rosen.
Think he’d have more coin if he took that job and got canned and returned to a coordinator position shortly thereafter (see wilks) or just stayed doing the same job and eventually was forgotten as a HC candidate? Hmm . . .

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I wish this board had more of a decency bias.

Daniel Jones is better right now than Kyler Murray has been in the past 18 months. Plenty of reasons why it doesn't have to stay that way -- it probably won't!
There are so many variables that go into QB play that I just can't agree with this statement.

Murray only passed for ONE less TD than Jones even missing the buttload of games he missed.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler isn't the only QB to miss games here or there/not finish the season at 100%. In 2021 10 QBs passed for over 4000 yards and two QBs (Brady and Herbert) passed for over 5000 yards. Joe Burrow that year passed for over 4600 yards coming off a major knee injury that cost him a substantial portion of his rookie season.

This year both Burrow and Allen managed to pass for over 4000 yards while missing games with injury. The standard for elite-ish QB play is 4000 yards, and Murray hasn't managed to meet that standard in four tries.

Well, in 2020, KM fell all of 29 yards short of that 'magic' 4000 number. He produced 37 Tds (26/11).

He fell 213 yards short in 2021 but missed 3 starts.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If he was healthy, didn’t look like garbage for the last 1.5 seasons and didn’t have a massive contract, maybe.

But I find it very strange that people are confused at the idea that Kyler might be looked at more baggage than carrot for coaches right now.
I Believe KK is not an NFL level head coach and certainly proved to compile a losing record as a college coach. I can only share what my eyes show me Murray and what I hear him say. He is rude, immature and certainly disrespectful and the ink wasn't dry and he brought up his baseball prowess...to me that was a red flag. The whispers about not being prepared also not encouraging. Maybe a coach who has been around the block a few times can help him but I can't see where it is strange regarding his baggage.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Carolina - white coach
Denver - white coach
Houston - black coach

Seems like the pressure should have been on all teams.

Or maybe on the 7 teams that hired coordinators so far this off-season, all white.
The article (or rather small news bite) doesn't mention anything about black coaches, that was added by the Twitter poster @JRREV2(?) who I've never heard of

EDIT: Actually it looks like I have that assclown blocked on twitter, he's a real peach

Last edited:

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Payton met with Evero about staying as Denver's DC today after Fangio went to Miami. Evero is someone I wanted, but he's not going to wait for Bidwill to make up his mind. Bidwill had months to figure out who he wanted to replace Kingsbury and Keim. Going to be hard to hire experienced assistants no matter who becomes HC.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose