Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The big-2 - Draft Kings and Fanduel (sorry if we’re not supposed to talk bets).
Betting talk is fine if it doesn't get out of hand. Can you actually make bets on those sites for a new coach? I asked my stepson who does some small bets and he couldn't find it.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Betting talk is fine if it doesn't get out of hand. Can you actually make bets on those sites for a new coach? I asked my stepson who does some small bets and he couldn't find it.
I tried looking it up on DK sight, but I only see it on their Twitter. I'm in California, though, so can't bet anyway.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plot twist:

Bidwill, after his weekly film studies with the coaches, and in the midst of paying out buyouts for Keim and Kingsbury, names himself Head Coach.
That might actually be fun lol

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I wish we had more "I hate Mike Bidwill" conversation and more actual rumors about who might really be our coach. And I mean that from the entire landscape, not just this board.

Like, where's the reporting on mutual interest from these coaches? Interview successes?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I heard the same thing about Payton and owner oversight. I didn’t relate it because I didn’t like the source. It’s more credible now.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seems like there is no information coming out of the Cards on their HC search. Just a few tweets from media on who they are interviewing this week. It appears like they all are clueless on their direction. Just pure speculation.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Its up to MB to fix that. So far failed again.
True MB needs to change it. So he fired Kiem and Kliff and ate some big pay checks. That’s a start in the right direction. Losing SP to the broncos hurts. I do feel we were going to make him our HC but underestimated the competition. I know I did. I felt we were in the drivers seat and could wait for compensation to come down. Maybe MO just got his first lesson in GMing.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wish we had more "I hate Mike Bidwill" conversation and more actual rumors about who might really be our coach. And I mean that from the entire landscape, not just this board.

Like, where's the reporting on mutual interest from these coaches? Interview successes?
Get used to this. Being closed to all media is a hallmark of Patriots-trained executives. Unless it's palace intrigue.

I think that change is one reason why Pat McAfee went after Mark Dalton, who used to be widely considered once of the best and most open in the business.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I AM disappointed but also anxious to see what Monti does with those draft picks. Have we had an above average draft since Denny Green? I know we've hit an occasional fifth rounder but the last 10 years have been underwhelming.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
True MB needs to change it. So he fired Kiem and Kliff and ate some big pay checks. That’s a start in the right direction. Losing SP to the broncos hurts. I do feel we were going to make him our HC but underestimated the competition. I know I did. I felt we were in the drivers seat and could wait for compensation to come down. Maybe MO just got his first lesson in GMing.

This wasn't a player trade.

Ultimately, neither the Cards nor NO could decide where Payton would go.

He wanted the Denver job. End of story.