Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
We have to keep Vance as the DC or HC. 31st ranked defense out of 32? It's a no-brainer. KK and SK are gone. Promote Vance, please.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I’m already tired of hearing is how will a guy like Flores mesh with Kyler?
I don’t care. I really believe if Kyler came off the field and started yelling at Flores he’d be sitting on the bench for a series or two…if he didn’t break him in half.
It might be just the thing to set the tone for this new roster. Murray’s got the money but Flores would be the boss.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing I’m already tired of hearing is how will a guy like Flores mesh with Kyler?
I don’t care. I really believe if Kyler came off the field and started yelling at Flores he’d be sitting on the bench for a series or two…if he didn’t break him in half.
It might be just the thing to set the tone for this new roster. Murray’s got the money but Flores would be the boss.
Let’s be honest here. I would say that an overwhelming number of QB’s in the NFL would have flipped out on Kliff for his unending ineptitude of getting calls in on time. And that’s not even taking into account the poor play calling on top of that. I give Murray credit for not having flipped out much sooner. Just amazing that it even took 4 years for his patience to just run out. Flores wouldn’t have those responsibilities, so I wouldn’t foresee a confrontation on the sideline with Murray. If anything, Flores would be going off on his OC if he consistently couldn’t get plays in on time. Kingsbury’s ineptness has contributed to a reputation that Kyler doesn’t deserve.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s be honest here. I would say that an overwhelming number of QB’s in the NFL would have flipped out on Kliff for his unending ineptitude of getting calls in on time. And that’s not even taking into account the poor play calling on top of that. I give Murray credit for not having flipped out much sooner. Just amazing that it even took 4 years for his patience to just run out. Flores wouldn’t have those responsibilities, so I wouldn’t foresee a confrontation on the sideline with Murray. If anything, Flores would be going off on his OC if he consistently couldn’t get plays in on time. Kingsbury’s ineptness has contributed to a reputation that Kyler doesn’t deserve.
I can understand that. But Kyler took a step back this year whether he believes it not. If he doesn’t get it he and we are in trouble.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is so hard to figure out. 32nd ranked defense 30th against the pass, 29th against the run, 31st in points allowed.

What about those results make him a HC candidate? Not even worth an interview.

The Lions defense was 6th in DVOA from week 9 with the 3rd best pass defense.

They were banged up and adjusting to a new scheme early. Takes a good coach to turn that around.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Found the answer - still creates the question of can Reich build a solid staff.

You must be registered for see images attach

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Of those we know about Reich and Ryan would be ar the top of my list.
I suspect Ryan will end up in Hoiston though.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The Lions defense was 6th in DVOA from week 9 with the 3rd best pass defense.

They were banged up and adjusting to a new scheme early. Takes a good coach to turn that around.
Glenn was the DC in 2021, too, so it shouldn’t have been a new system this year. I don’t know about injuries or other issues, though. I guess we’d need to check passing defense stats with his previous teams, where he coached DBs.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can understand that. But Kyler took a step back this year whether he believes it not. If he doesn’t get it he and we are in trouble.
Yes and no.

As I've said his QBR was 58 and passer rating was 97 with Deandre Hopkins. He's pretty bad without Hopkins.

To me its not about him realizing he took a step back. Its time for him to step up. Play solid football when you dont have a #1 Wr.

Be better than solid. Be seen as a legit and CONSISTENT top 5 to 7 passer, a top 5 to 7 QB, etc etc.

Now part of that could again be the offense not adjusting enough, developing a running game, play action, etc. However, its time for Kyler to have a complete great year.

Right now there's been a 'but" for all of his positive play

good, but got hurt
good, but Hopkins got hurt
decent when having a top 5 WR and everything is close to perfect.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No one can deny that statistically he took a step back. But, no one can deny that there were multiple reasons, many outside his control, that led to that. Your moron WR1 gets suspended. As soon as he returns your WR2 goes down for almost the same period of time. Your OL has been a sieve for 4 years & none of that changes again this year. More debilitating injuries than any team in the NFL except 1. The D stinks, and has always stunk under this regime. Then add a piss poor HC who can’t get calls in & when he does, our opponents knew exactly what they would be. Murray’s first 3 years were very good, at times he’s been exceptional. QB’s just don’t forget how to play. Sometimes crap just piles up and it becomes very difficult to do anything. The garbage all around him just snowballed & too many times his sheer frustration got the better of him. One can be critical of him or realize that it was time to clean house and hit the reset button. Ownership smartly chose the latter. Choosing Murray #1 overall was a hotly contested argument on this board & too many on this board want to criticize him as opposed to taking into account that he was fed as big a $hit sandwich with the KK/SK regime as we the fans were. Exactly why it’s imperative that we bring in the best coaching staff as possible if we truly want Murray to return to where he was.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glenn was the DC in 2021, too, so it shouldn’t have been a new system this year. I don’t know about injuries or other issues, though. I guess we’d need to check passing defense stats with his previous teams, where he coached DBs.

They switched from a 3-4 base in 2021 to a 4-3 base in 2022. It was a new scheme.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one can deny that statistically he took a step back. But, no one can deny that there were multiple reasons, many outside his control, that led to that. Your moron WR1 gets suspended. As soon as he returns your WR2 goes down for almost the same period of time. Your OL has been a sieve for 4 years & none of that changes again this year. More debilitating injuries than any team in the NFL except 1. The D stinks, and has always stunk under this regime. Then add a piss poor HC who can’t get calls in & when he does, our opponents knew exactly what they would be. Murray’s first 3 years were very good, at times he’s been exceptional. QB’s just don’t forget how to play. Sometimes crap just piles up and it becomes very difficult to do anything. The garbage all around him just snowballed & too many times his sheer frustration got the better of him. One can be critical of him or realize that it was time to clean house and hit the reset button. Ownership smartly chose the latter. Choosing Murray #1 overall was a hotly contested argument on this board & too many on this board want to criticize him as opposed to taking into account that he was fed as big a $hit sandwich with the KK/SK regime as we the fans were. Exactly why it’s imperative that we bring in the best coaching staff as possible if we truly want Murray to return to where he was.
I agree. But there are some that want to absolve Murray for his role in this debacle. You’re correct in saying he didn’t forget how to play QB. This was a 3 prong problem. I will go as far as saying he was the lesser of the problem.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I feel like this has been debunked as being Kliff's fault..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson