Cardinals have big plans for Patrick Peterson on offense

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals cornerback and punt returner Patrick Peterson has shown that he’s a dynamic playmaker with the ball in his hands. So new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has a good idea: Get the ball into Peterson’s hands more often.

Peterson played a little bit of offense in his first two NFL seasons, running the ball three times and catching four passes. But this year, Arizona plans to give Peterson a more substantial role offensively.

Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer told the team’s website that there’s a “pretty big package” of plays for Peterson on offense. In today’s practice that included not only Peterson catching a deep ball from Palmer, but also Peterson throwing a pass to Larry Fitzgerald. Palmer believes Peterson could be a very good offensive player.
Link.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patrick Peterson on Offense

Sounds like he was on offense quite a bit. Per Urban, caught a bomb after beating out T. Mathieu and also made a pass completion to Fitz.

Dunno if this is a smokescreen or what, but Urban had some interesting comments.

Linky

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he was on offense quite a bit. Per Urban, caught a bomb after beating out T. Mathieu and also made a pass completion to Fitz.

Dunno if this is a smokescreen or what, but Urban had some interesting comments.

Linky

Not a smokescreen.

When I was at practice the other day, Peterson was running with the offense several times. I think we will see Peterson on offense 5-7 times a game. At times he will be a decoy and at time the ball will go to him. From what I saw at practice he is the real deal on offense and once the ball is in his hands he is a playmaker.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really like this is anything new..

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
.....for those of you who wanted a Tavon Austin to throw the ball too.......

Reaction score
I realize that he's a completely different player, but putting Hester on offense is pretty much what ruined him as a return guy. Of course, he was on offense much more than 5-7 times a game. Reading this just reminded me of Hester.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Should be used as decoy more often than not... Don't put your best corner in the position of taking too many shots.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Arians said in his post practice press conference that the package is about 15 plays right now, but they wouldn't use that many in one game. If I had to guess I would expect him to be in on offense somewhere around 5 plays a game and maybe 10 or so if it is effective enough.