Cardinals GM: If Larry Fitzgerald is ready to play, ‘we’ll have a spot for him’

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Yes, naturally Larry has lost a step (its not 2014), but Kyler wasn't feeding him. I think if we had a primary 4 of Hop, Green, Kirk, and Larry, we'd be sitting pretty good for 2021. All Larry does is catch the football. I don't care what level we are talking about, this is easily 85% of being a receiver (which is why Isabella sucks so bad; when I saw the ball bounce of his facemask, I threw the towel in on that kid). IDK if it will be $11 million, but they will give Fitz a respectful deal to come back (and I guarantee its not the vet min fellas)...

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
He's lost a step or three. That doesn't diminish the quality of hands, the fact that he almost never drops an accurate pass or that he has been the best blocking receiver on the team for several years. Didn't B.A. try to recruit him to Tampa Bay or was that 'fake news'?
I don't care what he gets paid. I just want to see him hoisting the Lombardi. Now pass the Kool-Aid. :koolaid:

I dont think it was fake news at all. I think they were holding off on AB for Larry. When Larry wasn't committing and Seattle was going to come after AB, Tampa pulled the trigger and brought AB back.

Larry is 70/30 coming back IMO. I think he has probably lost his patience with the roster deficits over the years, but I think he could be lured back out.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Larry has been the ideal pro's pro and for all we are privy to as fans is the model professional athlete off the field with all his community work and interests but not announcing his intentions by now is pure diva... because he knows and if he does not know by now and has doubts, then that in itself is usually when a professional athlete needs to walk away from the sport

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think it’s a pipe dream that anyone really believes Legend is coming back to the Cardinals & probably any other team at this point with the season on the horizon
Larry has been the ideal pro's pro and for all we are privy to as fans is the model professional athlete off the field with all his community work and interests but not announcing his intentions by now is pure diva... because he knows and if he does not know by now and has doubts, then that in itself is usually when a professional athlete needs to walk away from the sport

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I like Larry
Larry can still contribute in a big way as a possession receiver

But only if Kyler will throw him the ball

as much as I hate to say it...... Larry should reunite with BA and catch passes from Brady for a season or two

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Larry wants to play another season on a reasonable contract, the Cardinals should keep him. When you have a chance to keep an an elite player for his entire career you do it.

I thought it was so classy the way the Mavericks kept Dirk Nowitzki for his entire career.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So the guy has said several times he wouldn't make a big deal out of retiring and yet everybody is wondering what he is doing. Maybe he isn't making a big deal out of it like he said?

He is doing one of two things, and retirement to me is 99% of the possibility for this exact reason. But I do know Larry hates OTA’s , preseason etc etc , and he is a bit of a troll so I could see him coming back later in the off-season.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am a-ok if they build a statue for Larry. Just say NO to signing him again.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Actually, a better parallel might be Terrell Suggs coming back home to Arizona...

...and we all know how that turned out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am not lying, if he doesn't play this year and I am at a game I will be sad.

If he is done they need to put him in the ring of honor on like Monday Night Football or Christmas
I’m most sad for my 9 year old. Fitz is really the only player he’s loved. Hopefully kyler will fill that void for him moving forward.