Cardinals @ Bears postgame thread

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I did not review the game thread. I just have question for some of you.

That roughness call on Byron Murphy--that seemed like just a solid hit to me. Am I missing something? Is there some rule I am not taking into account?
Don’t believe it was a penalty either. More shoulder than helmet. Was a good hard hit. Announcers eventually agreed after reviewing replay.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I did not review the game thread. I just have question for some of you.

That roughness call on Byron Murphy--that seemed like just a solid hit to me. Am I missing something? Is there some rule I am not taking into account?
There was head to head contact. He definitely lead with his shoulder, but I think the refs have a quick trigger this season on any contact between helmets. Announcers thought it should be noncall.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
The only team with a better winning record than the cardinals in the NFL is their social media team. I guess it’s easier when your team is winning but they have really been hitting home runs with their memes.

Even today’s bean meme, which might draw WTF’s from people who don’t know, I guarantee everyone from chicago got it

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
RE: The Bean photo.

1. I have never known bird scat to be brown. It's always milky white with some other blueish/greyish tinges to it.
2. If they turned it on its side to resemble an "L"...... They could have done a much better job with it. Way too vague if you ask me.

The game. Man...... What a sloppy game. Glad the boys took care of the ball and let the redhead be himself. Nagy is just playing out the string at this point.

I was so scared Kyler was going to reinjure himself. PHEW!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Maybe I am getting spoiled this season but I was on edge till late in the game. Found myself cursing the run D and then we get a turnover. Strange game but a nice win. Run D is still concerning though.
I never felt like the game was in doubt at all. I chalked up some of the sloppy plays and play calls to Kingsbury also knowing that he had the superior team. He was going to try a lot of different plays just to see what worked and to get all the rust knocked off before playing the Rams next week. If felt a lot like the game against the Washington football team last year, where the Cardinals were clearly the superior team, but it seemed like Washington was able to hang around because the Cardinals were just trying all kinds of video game style play calls.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but this game and the home game against the Packers are 2 completely different situations.
Exactly. Fans who sell their tickets when their team is winning and fans who sell their tickets when their team is a sucky loser are two completely different scenarios.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No doubt there was a large contingent of Cardinal fans happy to celebrate his victory with him over our team

someone had an Isabella jersey on

Reactions: PJ1

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody crying about Kyler being soft or not wanting to play should just watch the replay of this game. Maybe you will realize there were plays he would never be able to make if he was 85%, especially without aggravating the injury.
I’m almost positive he will be limited in practice this week because of the amount of running he did today.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So quiet here after a win.

If you haven’t figured out that this is a pace for people to basically vent their frustrations about... well... anything... you haven’t been paying attention for two decades.

To be honest though, what’s there to say today? Weather sucked, play was kinda ugly, but was great to knock the rust off and get ready for the big division showdown. And 10-2 feels great.

Not much more to say today.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I’ve been hanging thousands of Christmas lights since the game ended. If I go online will I see the media stating we are the team to beat?

Last edited: