Cardinals at Vikings gameday thread 10-30-22

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Kyler is so stupid that he can't remember the same plays that he's been executing for years (I don't believe that's the case, Kyler is constantly having to tell other players where to line up, their assignment, etc. as if they don't practice at all. COACHING), then the coach should be creating fool proof plays to execute. Like rolling the quarterback out to the sideline and having 2 receiving options at 2 different depths running to the sideline with him for easy completions. But we don't do that, every play is a shotgun dropback where Kyler has to go through progressions behind a horrible offensive line. Over and over and over. That's peak stupidity from the coaching. Kyler would be an entirely different player with a coach like Shanahan who doesn't run a Tom Brady style shotgun offense.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To me, everything points to how unintelligent KM is, period.
Kyler is not dumb. Football came easy for Kyler until now..learning to watch film, recognizing defensive formations, understanding pre-snap defenses are hard for Kyler now. It is not a "habit" for Kyler ever and now he doesn't know what to do. That is a primary reason Kliff calls plays Kyler is comfortable with IMO

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This feels like triple counting the same thing. The sack, forced fumble and recovery were all the same play. Outside that one play I thought he was invisible.
Run game defense was bad and that means both DL and LBs were atrocious. This rating is false but Simmons does show some life.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I think Kingsberry is being honest when he says the wristband is simply an attempt to improve the efficiency of the playcalling. Kingsberry has said repeatedly that Kyler knows his offense better than anyone else on the team. No one claims that Tom Brady doesn't know the plays when wears a wristband.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Kingsberry is being honest when he says the wristband is simply an attempt to improve the efficiency of the playcalling. Kingsberry has said repeatedly that Kyler knows his offense better than anyone else on the team. No one claims that Tom Brady doesn't know the plays when wears a wristband.

How is it more efficient unless its for him to check what the call is?

If he knows the play then it's less efficient to have to consult a wristband.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I don't know exactly how the wristband communication system works, but using one certainly shouldn't impugn a quarterback. And oh, by the way, Kurt Warner wore one when he played in Arizona. I'd say a pretty smart and accomplished quarterback.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Nice try. That's Palmer year 1 in a new offense. Mahomes year 1 as a starter and I'm willing to bet that's Brady very early in his career.

Now show me pictures of a QB forced to wear one in year 4.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nice try. That's Palmer year 1 in a new offense. Mahomes year 1 as a starter and I'm willing to bet that's Brady very early in his career.

Rodgers was wearing one against the Bills last night.

Here's a pic of Brady in a bucs uni wearing one

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Also, Carson wore one in Cincinnati, and how do you know this picture is from his first year in the offense? It's a photo from practice. Really seems like you are just making stuff up here, dude.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
If Kyler is so stupid that he can't remember the same plays that he's been executing for years (I don't believe that's the case, Kyler is constantly having to tell other players where to line up, their assignment, etc. as if they don't practice at all. COACHING), then the coach should be creating fool proof plays to execute. Like rolling the quarterback out to the sideline and having 2 receiving options at 2 different depths running to the sideline with him for easy completions. But we don't do that, every play is a shotgun dropback where Kyler has to go through progressions behind a horrible offensive line. Over and over and over. That's peak stupidity from the coaching. Kyler would be an entirely different player with a coach like Shanahan who doesn't run a Tom Brady style shotgun offense.

Yesterday's offensive line was terrible GGS.

Our two RBs averaged 2.0 a carry on like 18 carries yesterday, but they are better than that. It was just terrible run blocking to go along with terrible pass blocking.

To me, on offense, one of the biggest differences 2021 vs. 2022 is that in 2021 we started - The Captain, Pugh, a healthy Hudson, Garcia, and a not-washed Beachum.

Yesterday we started

Jones (big time downgrade vs. the The Captain, and no, I'm not enamored with Jones at all),

Ford (downgrade vs. Pugh),

Price (massive downgrade vs. a healthy Hudson),

Hernandez (a wash vs. Garcia ) and

Beachum (playing significantly worse than last year).

Still no excuse for Murray to turn it over, but the pass pro and our run game stinking up the field did him no favors. It has to improve if we're going to win consistently.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

Also, Carson wore one in Cincinnati, and how do you know this picture is from his first year in the offense? It's a photo from practice. Really seems like you are just making stuff up here, dude.
He said a QB is in 4th year...Mahomes is in his 6th year. :cool:

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

That pic of Mahomes as Superbowl Champ came in his 3rd year with the Chiefs and 2nd year as a full time starter.