Cardinals at Rams Gameday thread 12-29-19

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
a WR screen on first down to chew up clock and get 5 yards... and then not even a Hail Mary to end the year.

Lame.

But, saw enough improvement over the year on O and we ended up with a high draft pick and lots of money to spend. Now all we get to do is see if Bluto blows it again this off-season.

Bluto!!! ROTFLMAO... made my day Cheese

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
That Byrd route was what I expected Isabella to run.
True but if he’s never used in a game on plays like that we will never know if he can do the job, regardless of circumstances why. I just can’t see him being that bad. He’s been a big play man on the handful of plays they’ve actually thrown it too him.

I still say he’s going to have a big impact once he gets consistent game time. Let’s hope he was miss evaluated in year one by this staff

Buckybird

Reaction score
Rough season. Made some plays, but seems to be beat more often then not. He’s a rookie so I’ll reserve judgement on his future.
I’m still concerned that Murphy is actually what many evaluators said he was, a slot CB. To me you don’t draft that guy with the #33 pick of an NFL draft!!! :bang:. He’s a good tackler though lol

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m still concerned that Murphy is actually what many evaluators said he was, a slot CB. To me you don’t draft that guy with the #33 pick of an NFL draft!!! :bang:. He’s a good tackler though lol
Maybe it’s :koolaid:, but I’m hoping he gets better and can develop into a solid starting CB

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
He was rated on many sites as the best corner in the draft 2nd round is value. And was highly rated in PFF for the 1st half of the season.

How about let him grow and see

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He’s a slot CB, which is where he’ll play once Alford returns.
I don't think he is athletic enough to play the slot in a man scheme, either. He has decent instincts, and he can tackle, but he can't keep up with outside or slot receivers.

I'm also skeptical about how effective a 32-year-old (next November) Robert Alford will be coming off consecutive seasons with leg injuries. I'm afraid this secondary still needs a lot of work.

Buckybird

Reaction score
He was rated on many sites as the best corner in the draft 2nd round is value. And was highly rated in PFF for the 1st half of the season.

How about let him grow and see
Why not? 60/70% of defensive snaps are in nickel and dime packages; a slot CB is de facto a starter.
Imo, while you’re technically right, I don’t like the fact you’re drafting a guy at #33 to be a nickel CB, if that’s indeed what he is.

You draft guys in the first 3 rounds to be full time starters at premium positions. Is nickel CB that? I don’t think so. I’m trying to think of anyone who has been drafted that high for such a role & cant think of any. Is he even quick enough? Can you? Just sayin.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We talked the last 2 seasons about Shipley not being good, being the bad link in the O-line and that we need a upgrade, where were you all season long?

That was last season and the one before that. No mention of him this season until that play. :raccoon:

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think DJ is history based on not playing one down today. Edmonds only one play. Isabella zero plays. I truly don’t understand why Edmonds didn’t get more time as well as putting AI out there even if it’s go routes to stretch the D. Today’s game would have been a good opportunity

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Imo, while you’re technically right, I don’t like the fact you’re drafting a guy at #33 to be a nickel CB, if that’s indeed what he is.

You draft guys in the first 3 rounds to be full time starters at premium positions. Is nickel CB that? I don’t think so. I’m trying to think of anyone who has been drafted that high for such a role & cant think of any. Is he even quick enough? Can you? Just sayin.
Wasn't HB nickel safety?

Teams play nickel so much these days...it's a passing league, for the most part.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the way he hasn’t been involved at all in the game plan over the past several weeks means they will try and trade him, but most likely will cut him and take the hit on the cap since they have a lot more $ than previous years.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

In today's football, N-CB is a premium position IMO.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think DJ is history based on not playing one down today. Edmonds only one play. Isabella zero plays. I truly don’t understand why Edmonds didn’t get more time as well as putting AI out there even if it’s go routes to stretch the D. Today’s game would have been a good opportunity
Edmonds stay running into his own player

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the way he hasn’t been involved at all in the game plan over the past several weeks means they will try and trade him, but most likely will cut him and take the hit on the cap since they have a lot more $ than previous years.

$16m CAP hit!!!

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We are actually below the league average for 2020 at this point! :)

You must be registered for see images attach

2017 - 26th @7m

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We lived with 40 m dead cap this year. I would not let it stop me from signing Drake.

Well, there was a correlation if not necessarily causation between that $40m and our record.

I'd try to trade DJ but hold on to him and see what the "market" price is for Drake. If too rich, I'd keep DJ in 2020 and draft Chubba in the second round; a bigger, faster Drake at low cost.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Well, there was a correlation if not necessarily causation between that $40m and our record.

I'd try to trade DJ but hold on to him and see what the "market" price is for Drake. If too rich, I'd keep DJ in 2020 and draft Chubba in the second round; a bigger, faster Drake at low cost.
What about Taylor from WI?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn