Cardinals at Rams Gameday thread 12-29-19

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams seem to have our number.

We come off a big win at Seattle.

Can we carry it over to this game?

Will Hundley play and be able to run the offense?

Will Drake get the run game going?

Will the D be able to slow down the Rams offense?

Go Cardinals!

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler Murray hopes to cap a memorable rookie season on Sunday

Patrick Mahomes sat for almost all of his rookie year. Lamar Jackson sat for much of his. Kyler Murray has had a rookie season to remember.

A Pro Bowl alternate (which means he’ll eventually make it), Murray set franchise rookie records for wins (with five), passing yards (with 3,397), touchdown passes (with 18), completions (with 323), passing attempts (with 500), and multiple touchdown-pass games (with seven).
The team has benefited as well with Murray at the helm. The Cardinals have scored 50 percent more points than last year, generated 40 percent more yards, and increased their touchdowns by 30 percent.

With 103 passing yards on Sunday against the Rams (if he plays, despite a hamstring injury), he’ll be only the second rookie in NFL history to have more than 3,500 passing yards and more than 500 rushing yards in a season, joining Cam Newton.

Amazingly, the diminutive Murray has done it all without a single lost fumble. He’s the only quarterback with 600 or more snaps in 2019 to not lose a fumble. No rookie in the NFL’s 100 seasons has started 16 games without a lost fumble.

And Murray, despite losing twice to the 49ers, particularly bedeviled them. The 49ers have allowed a 100-plus passer rating only three times all season. Murray has two of them. Murray also has joined Carson Palmer and Kurt Warner as the only quarterbacks in franchise history to have passer ratings of 90 or more in at least seven games in a single season.

So the future seems to be very bright for the Cardinals and Kyler Murray. The question becomes whether and to what extent the Cardinals can get enough help around him in the offseason so that the Cardinals can contend in the toughtest division in the NFL. If so, Murray could have the same kind of impact that Mahomes and Jackson had in their second NFL seasons, when they each became clear-cut NFL MVPs.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to see if we employ the 1 d-lineman and 5 linebacker sets on defense. Totally throttled Wilson. Need to pressure Goff.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Well as for me and this game I just hope no one gets hurt since it's really a game to see where we're going to pick in the draft

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

·
3m

Cardinals are planning for QB Kyler Murray, who is listed as questionable for today’s game due to a hamstring injury, to play against the Rams, per sources. Only way he doesn’t is if Murray’s hamstring bothers him during pregame warmups. But plan now is for Murray to play.
Okay then. I’m sure Murray would like another crack at these guys.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Looking through the match-ups for the teams right next to us for draft seeding, the 4 teams that are currently 10-13 all have winnable games against teams that have nothing to play for. The 3 teams that are currently sitting at 6-8 all have games against teams that are still either playing for a playoff spot or playoff seeding. Odds are we aren't going to see much movement no matter the outcome of this game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a win would probably mess with the Cardinals draft position but what a way to end the season with a win.

Something to build on for next season.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know a win would probably mess with the Cardinals draft position but what a way to end the season with a win.

Something to build on for next season.

Not very much, Jets playing against Buffalo bills second string
Browns against Cincinnati
Atlanta finishing strong vs tampa bay
Maybe a spot or 2

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not very much, Jets playing against Buffalo bills second string
Browns against Cincinnati
Atlanta finishing strong vs tampa bay
Maybe a spot or 2

Well then, "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead."

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Hola from ***** Cana in the beautiful Dominican republic. My Sunday ticket app is having problems, so hopefully it is fixed by game time. Maybe someone can help me with a link to the game if they can't fix it. I haven't missed a game since 1988 and I sure hope today isn't the fist one...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson