Cardinals at Rams Gameday thread 12-29-19

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, there was a correlation if not necessarily causation between that $40m and our record.

I'd try to trade DJ but hold on to him and see what the "market" price is for Drake. If too rich, I'd keep DJ in 2020 and draft Chubba in the second round; a bigger, faster Drake at low cost.
If he’s there when we select. Then we are dealing with a rookie, learning the offense , picking up blitzes. Drake can be a solid building block. AND we are using another pick on offense ( especially if we select a wr with our #1 pick) when we need so much on defense.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That first down Murphy gifted them could

I don't understand, how will cutting DJ help us retain Drake? Aren't we paying DJ regardless? Why not just keep him if you're paying him anyway?
If he’s there when we select. Then we are dealing with a rookie, learning the offense , picking up blitzes. Drake can be a solid building block. AND we are using another pick on offense ( especially if we select a wr with our #1 pick) when we need so much on defense.
I don't understand, how will cutting DJ help us retain Drake? Aren't we paying DJ regardless? Why not just keep him if you're paying him anyway?
I agree. It should not stop us from keeping key pieces in place.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If there is a position capable of making a year one impact it's running back. IMO.

I'm wary of any guy who makes the money sign when he scores a TD.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

If you cut him next year its a one time cap hit. If you cut him in 2021 you’re paying him not play next year then paying him to go away the following year. It’s two different cap hits.

It doesn’t really matter because they’re keeping him. That chunk of dead cash is too embarrassing for the franchise to shell out.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you cut him next year its a one time cap hit. If you cut him in 2021 you’re paying him not play next year then paying him to go away the following year. It’s two different cap hits.

It doesn’t really matter because they’re keeping him. That chunk of dead cash is too embarrassing for the franchise to shell out.

But isn't his dead cap hit in 2021 only 3 million, whereas the dead cap hit in 2020 is pretty much his entire year long salary?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
In today's football, N-CB is a premium position IMO.
Name guys who were drafted at #33 that were labeled & evaluated as “nickel or slot CBs?

he was drafted at the top spot of the 2nd round, not the top of the 3rd or 4th. He could develop & get better, but I’m not buying the position we drafted him at & what he was labeled to be on the field by many evaluators

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Name guys who were drafted at #33 that were labeled & evaluated as “nickel or slot CBs?

he was drafted at the top spot of the 2nd round, not the top of the 3rd or 4th. He could develop & get better, but I’m not buying the position we drafted him at & what he was labeled to be on the field by many evaluators

What's relevant is today's game and whether he fits a key need.