Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This feels kinda desperate.
One could speculate that his first two visits came down to something along the lines of, "our current WR room is content, and have concerns you might disrupt the balance..." Most players still practice most of the time, don't make themselves healthy scratches, ect. Of course, most players arent superstars, but if you as a player feel you dont need a questionably committed superstar in your room, teams might listen to those objections. Especially at his asking price.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When I am in town and go to ATL wings, I get their koolaid and bring some home to spike it, just as you said, lol.
As you slide comfortably into middle aged irrelevance, you will come to find that continuing the glorious path of functional alcoholism becomes increasingly difficult with sugar bomb cocktails. Stick with the ranch waters, old guy.:D

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you slide comfortably into middle aged irrelevance, you will come to find that continuing the glorious path of functional alcoholism becomes increasingly difficult with sugar bomb cocktails. Stick with the ranch waters, old guy.:D
Not really. I make my own cellos (lemon, lime, orange) using Everclear and simple sugar. Each shot is about 99 proof or 49% alcohol. Plenty sweet and strong enough to get you where you want to go.

Oh, and I have be irrelevant for quite some time, thank you very much.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Submarine expert Prof Alistair Greig from University College London told the BBC: “While the submersible might still be intact, if it is deeper than more than 200 metres (656 feet) there are very few vessels that can get that deep, and certainly not diver.

“The vehicles designed for navy submarine rescue certainly can't get down to anywhere near the depth of the Titanic.”

Commander Ramsey said: “The technology, as far as I'm aware, doesn't exist to carry out a rescue operation that deep.”

The deepest undersea rescue in history – when British engineers Roger Mallinson and Roger Chapman were trapped at a depth of 1,575 feet off the southwest coast of Ireland in 1973 – took place roughly eight times shallower
?

Odd place for this.

That said, I think the Cards have a better chance of winning it all than the sub has of bringing them back safe.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
there has to be some back story here

nothing scandalous, but im curious if a lot of NFL GMs looked at last years tape and concluded that the downside has started

add that to PED use, and Hopkins might be seen as a falling knife given the contract he wants

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
there has to be some back story here

DHop wants to get paid like he is still one of the top WRs in the league. However he is an aging vet with potentially 2 years of solid production left in him, who also has a history of doing what he wants and isn't exactly a coach friendly player. Other teams know that now and don't want to make a major investment in him.

DHops best bet is to just wait things out till a team loses one of their starters to injury and becomes desperate.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
DHop wants to get paid like he is still one of the top WRs in the league. However he is an aging vet with potentially 2 years of solid production left in him, who also has a history of doing what he wants and isn't exactly a coach friendly player. Other teams know that now and don't want to make a major investment in him.

DHops best bet is to just wait things out till a team loses one of their starters to injury and becomes desperate.
Larry Fitz did it best at the end of his career and Hop would have been smart to do it the same: stick around with one team and take much smaller pay days and build goodwill.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larry Fitz did it best at the end of his career and Hop would have been smart to do it the same: stick around with one team and take much smaller pay days and build goodwill.

I don't remember Fitz ever taking much smaller pay days. In fact the Cardinals vastly overpaid him in his final years.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Longevity wins out.

With $182,490,000 under his belt after a 16-year NFL career, Fitzgerald is the highest-earning wide receiver in NFL history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard