Cardinals announce they have released Hopkins - Signed with Titans

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought it would be an odd move given their QBs, but with OBrien as OC, it makes a little more sense...

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Lets dial the digs back a little bit. Thank you.

Guess that last post was a little *******, sorry.

In truth Ronin, I really wish Hopkins well. He really elevated our team, and my favorite player on our team in particular.

Like a true superstar, he made the other ten Cardinals on offense around him better. For 2020 - 2021, he was arguably one of the three best receivers in the league. So many big plays too, and, always acted like a pro. The PED thing, eh, that sucked but we weren't going anywhere last year anyway.

So godspeed DeAndre! Unless you're playing the Cardinals of course.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For Hopkins, as Tom Curran of NBC Sports Boston recently said during an appearance on WEEI, there are questions about chemistry.

“I think people in the building are still wary, to an extent, of the culture fit,” Curran said. “How much does he want to practice, what kind of hoops are the Patriots themselves gonna have to jump through to accommodate the way he likes to approach the game?”

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i really wonder if NFL people looking at last year's film have concluded that Hop is on the decline -- and his on field production doesnt justify putting up with everything else (contract, practice habits, q's on the PED thing ) that comes with him

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

For Hopkins, as Tom Curran of NBC Sports Boston recently said during an appearance on WEEI, there are questions about chemistry.

“I think people in the building are still wary, to an extent, of the culture fit,” Curran said. “How much does he want to practice, what kind of hoops are the Patriots themselves gonna have to jump through to accommodate the way he likes to approach the game?”
For every Randy Moss or even Corey Dillion, who are able to assimilate and be somewhat successful in New England, there’s a Chad Ochocinco Johnson, who just doesn’t get it.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i really wonder if NFL people looking at last year's film have concluded that Hop is on the decline -- and his on field production doesnt justify putting up with everything else (contract, practice habits, q's on the PED thing ) that comes with him
and to be clear: i think he is still a good to really good player

its just that NFL people are only willing to give him a contract at that level -- and only in the right situation

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yep. That and his contract are good reasons he's not with the team now.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yep. That and his contract are good reasons he's not with the team now.
Eh he was pretty darn good last year, but you have to think some of the info coming from the NFL fraternity has made teams think twice about signing Hopkins.

If it's true that Hopkins could have easily played the last few games and he shut it down, that's a real bad look.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Eh he was pretty darn good last year, but you have to think some of the info coming from the NFL fraternity has made teams think twice about signing Hopkins.

If it's true that Hopkins could have easily played the last few games and he shut it down, that's a real bad look.
Yep. I wouldn't say he's done being a top receiver, but there's his attitude to consider, and the fact he's not going to be good enough or worth it by the time we finally (hopefully) manage to compete.