Cardinals : AJ green signed

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appreciate you Shane, but justifying a bad decision by pointing to an even worse decision is a dangerous strategy.

I understand and see where people are coming from. But I don’t think Green is as done as people think. We will know soon enough. I think he just had bengalitis.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Signing AJ Green for 6 mill is not stopping team from making other moves. Ppl need to relax.
It isn't that the dollar amount is prohibitive, it is that the dollar amount is wasted. So, in one year and after a down market, we will be in the same situation at WR that we are today unless we also use more draft resources to get a WR in this draft where we only have 5 picks.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I understand and see where people are coming from. But I don’t think Green is as done as people think. We will know soon enough. I think he just had bengalitis.

Ha, I didn't think he was done, but then had him on my fantasy team last year. Believe me, they tried to feed him, and it wasn't successful.

I just don't get it...everything about AJ Green's situation screams 1 year prove it deal, small amount, and with tons of holes to fill we give a huge contract to Green? Crazy.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
6 for green with a chance at 8 based on performance? Don’t see a huge downside.... Def better then paying 10 or 11 for Fitz.

Fitz was overpaid for sure but Green averaged 1.8 yards after the catch, Larry averaged 3.4. $6 million seems like a lot more than he is worth at this point in his career (I sincerely hope I am wrong though).

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, I didn't think he was done, but then had him on my fantasy team last year. Believe me, they tried to feed him, and it wasn't successful.

I just don't get it...everything about AJ Green's situation screams 1 year prove it deal, small amount, and with tons of holes to fill we give a huge contract to Green? Crazy.

you consider that contract huge?

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Keim is gonna cap this offseason off by drafting a ILB like Zaven Collins or Micah Parsons over a Alijah Vera-Tucker or Teven Jenkins & people 7 months from now will foolishly say it was the right pick like Simmons over Wirfs now.
Do you even watch Penn state? Micah is a bonafide stud I watch every game looking forward to you being dead wrong

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

same. Dude looked beyond washed last year.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz was overpaid for sure but Green averaged 1.8 yards after the catch, Larry averaged 3.4. $6 million seems like a lot more than he is worth at this point in his career (I sincerely hope I am wrong though).

I’ll take total yard per catch over 11 or under 8? Hmmmm

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t. But considering how little cap room we have, it’s a significant chunk in that regard.

they can easily sign a high profile OL still and many still expect kennard to be cut and CJ to be reworked or extended?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they can easily sign a high profile OL still and many still expect kennard to be cut and CJ to be reworked or extended?

many expected us to get Linsley too. Y’all keep waiting for these things that just aren’t likely to happen.

cutting Kennard would mean Keim admitting one of his bigger FA last offseason was an epic disaster. Do you see him doing that?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This has to be a joke. I don't understand this move, AJ Green seems like a great guy and at one time was a great WR but this seems like a move for a team that is a Super Bowl contender and needs another vet to solidify a position group not for a team that should be trying to become a playoff contender.

Still waiting on that interior OL and CBs that we so desperately still need.
Exactly. This should be a move like TB bringing AB onboard last year to supplement the existing WR core that existed with two great starters and an effective third wideout. Instead it’s jumping what should be a fourth, push the squad over the top, wr to one of the required minimum building blocks. Stupid.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't have "little cap room" We can create 20 million easily

For who Chris? Also, I’ve seen the above stated for months, with you guys all expecting it to happen by now to sign the Thuney/Lindsleys of the world or a big time...

forget it. If I dare say anything reasonable I’ll just be accused of raging out anyway.

great allocation of cap room. Love the off-season bringing guys back on cheap contracts and developing an AARP MASH unit from outside the team offseason.

Last edited:

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Dude caught like 45% of passes thrown his way, 11YPC. Dude is beyond washed. With news the WR market is low, this is really underwhelming.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose