Can we beat the Chiefs in our 1st game?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
It doesn't look good for the week 1 Cards, to be honest.
We've heard that one many times over the years (last year in Tennessee being a prime example). I think the most sure I have ever been in week 1 was that we'd beat the Patriots on the opening SNF at home and it was Jimmy G's first ever start for a suspended Tom Brady. We lost.

How have the receivers looked in preseason without Tyreek? JuJu looking like he'll step up and have a big year?

KurtCobain

Reaction score
We've heard that one many times over the years (last year in Tennessee being a prime example). I think the most sure I have ever been in week 1 was that we'd beat the Patriots on the opening SNF at home and it was Jimmy G's first ever start for a suspended Tom Brady. We lost.

How have the receivers looked in preseason without Tyreek? JuJu looking like he'll step up and have a big year?
I definitely don't think our first game is going to be a cake-walk by any means. In many positions, not just WR, this is a new team needing time to gel.

The receiving corps looks promising. I was at our camp early this year, and the rookie Sky Moore was already looking like he had good chemistry with Pat.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
We're gonna get tied in knots. Our only chance is to outscore them. And the only way we outscore them is if we force them into a FG in one of their possessions and we happen to score TDs on all of ours. The defensive backfield is scary.... For us.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not? I feel we have around a 1 out of 3 chance of winning. Nothing to bet a lot on, but doable.

Personally, i think KC takes a step or two back this year. Which still means almost certainly a playoff team that could run the table. But dominant? I don't see it. I think they won't win their division.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And, this thread is nothing near the doom of gloom of week 1 last year.

Yet.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why not? I feel we have around a 1 out of 3 chance of winning. Nothing to bet a lot on, but doable.

Personally, i think KC takes a step or two back this year. Which still means almost certainly a playoff team that could run the table. But dominant? I don't see it. I think they won't win their division.
KC will have an elite defense this year. If anything, they will be even better than what they’ve been the last 2 years. Glad we’re catching them early, but I don’t know if we have enough to overcome what Mahomes will do to our secondary.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't give them much chance but the Cardinals use to play great when they are the underdog
Offensively if they are not rusty can move the ball well and eat the clock, its important to limit their time of possession and make couple of turnovers as well
Then i want to see better play calling in the red zone, going for field goals isn't the real solution vs the Chiefs

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
KC will have an elite defense this year. If anything, they will be even better than what they’ve been the last 2 years. Glad we’re catching them early, but I don’t know if we have enough to overcome what Mahomes will do to our secondary.
I’m not really seeing this elite defense.. Yes, they invested their first 5 picks in the draft this year for their defense - but only one is slated to start, Trent McDuffie a DB. Carlos Dunlap, a 13 year vet was their key defense addition.

Nick Bolton will be better (MLB), I like him and I’m still worried to all heck about Chris Jones destroying our interior line this breaking down everything.

But at least early in the season this shouldn’t be an elite KC defense.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I’ll go with a 1 in 3 chance of winning.
Turnovers giving us one of the missing thirds, and special teams giving us the other.
I think if we get two of the three, it’s doable. Not something I would gamble on.
Back to you Ted, with the weather.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I feel we play our best against teams that we seem to have the least chance to win.
We are fortunate to be playing the Chiefs now rather than later in the season.
I like our chances if, and its a big if, we come out playing at the top of our game like we seem to do early in the season.
If we get blown out, it will be a long season.
If we win, it will appear we are better than some of us believe we will be.
We very well might have to win on the last drive, or even last play, of the game.
It will be a big help if we can send Mahomes to an early shower. Maybe if he is under a pile some time one of our players will bite him on the ankle.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes obviously.

Is it more than 50% likely, no.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
New answer is the same as the old answer..... Nope.

Kelce = TE1 next week.

#BirdCity

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard