Can we beat the Chiefs in our 1st game?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Chiefs have a new look offense, so it could take them a few weeks to mesh. We'll be with Hopkins and with a new temporary #1. The Chiefs will be without HB, the heart and soul of their defense. Our CBs aren't good and we have no clue about the rest of the defense outside of our safeties and Watt.

So who knows!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Naw, we would need 8 just to tie the Chiefs. Mahomes is going to have a field day against our secondary.
Yep. Not having Hop definitely hurts in a game like this, but it’s our CB play that scares me the most. We may need to score 45 to win this one. And I just don’t see that as even remotely
possible.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mahomes has started in 4 season openers. He’s 4-0, with 13 touchdowns & 0 interceptions, and a passer rating over 130. We need 2 CB’s & have to play a near perfect game to win. Can we? Absolutely. But odds are not in our favor.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Mahomes has started in 4 season openers. He’s 4-0, with 13 touchdowns & 0 interceptions, and a passer rating over 130. We need 2 CB’s & have to play a near perfect game to win. Can we? Absolutely. But odds are not in our favor.

They were very lucky to escape with a win last year.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That may very well be the case, but you may be missing my point. With how our secondary looks right now, Mahomes may have a field day. If we don’t add to our CB room, we may need to score 40+ to keep up.
KM without any game speed reps will go out and put up 40+ points according to some here

Let's see how it plays out

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KM without any game speed reps will go out and put up 40+ points according to some here

Last year against a Titans team that won 12 games, he threw 4 TDs and ran for a 5th one in a 38-13 win on the road. He played a single series in the 2nd preseason game in which he went 1 of 4. That was on August 20th and the regular season started on September 12th, so nearly a month later.

Keep in mind, the Titans defense finished 6th last year and the Chiefs are projected to be middle of the pack.

:shrug:

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last year against a Titans team that won 12 games, he threw 4 TDs and ran for a 5th one in a 38-13 win on the road. He played a single series in the 2nd preseason game in which he went 1 of 4. That was on August 20th and the regular season started on September 12th, so nearly a month later.

Keep in mind, the Titans defense finished 6th last year and the Chiefs are projected to be middle of the pack.

I love stats. This post makes me happy.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That was before the collapse and DC's figured out how to pressure KM late in the season

Like I said let's see how it plays out

Am I hoping that he fails?

No

I want our team to win at all times

I just want them to work as hard as they can and do everything they can to excel

Resting on last years performances is weak and has nothing to do with this year

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was before the collapse and DC's figured out how to pressure KM late in the season

No

I just want them to work as hard as they can and do everything they can to excel

You're contradicting yourself now. You first said it was about "game speed reps", now it's about the collapse late last season. Both seem irrelevant to to the Chiefs game based on what I posted. And you add that the Chiefs defense is a question mark is lost their best players in the off season.

Do I know what will happen, nope!

Last edited:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're contradicting yourself now. You first said it was about "game speed reps", now it's about the collapse late last season. Both seem irrelevant to to the Chiefs game based on what I posted. And you add that the Chiefs defense is a question mark is lost their best players in the off season.

Do I know what will happen, nope! But this chicken little stuff is just that.
You don't see the correlation?

Finish the season poorly, but don't need any reps to start the next season?

Where is the magic switch?

Reactions: PJ1

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't see the correlation?

Finish the season poorly, but don't need any reps to start the next season?

Where is the magic switch?
Well, first off, Hudson and Humphries have had an off season ton recover from COVID and other injuries, which will help with the pressureyou mentioned. They were shells of thier former selves. Plus. We have much better dept on the OL too.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That may very well be the case, but you may be missing my point. With how our secondary looks right now, Mahomes may have a field day. If we don’t add to our CB room, we may need to score 40+ to keep up.
Then that what Kyler needs to do. :)

That’s why he has a 1/4 billion contract. To lead the team and go out and score the points necessary to win.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No

This whole post is a contradiction. Sheesh.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Do I know what will happen, nope! But this chicken little stuff is just that.
I haven't seen anyone "chicken little-ing" this. Some folks would prefer he get a few live preseason reps. Some don't, and became snide in their opinions. Fairly simple.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone "chicken little-ing" this. Some folks would prefer he get a few live preseason reps. Some don't, and became snide in their opinions. Fairly simple.
I removed the chicken little comment in under a minute. It was wrong to use.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Regardless of how Murray plays, and I believe he’ll play very well, the Chiefs will dominate the clock. And that’ll make it very difficult for us to even put up 30.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then that what Kyler needs to do. :)

That’s why he has a 1/4 billion contract. To lead the team and go out and score the points necessary to win.
Murray will play very well. I’m not worried about that. But, if the Chiefs dominate time of possession, there just won’t be enough time for Murray to put up 40.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard